Hampton Lady Bulldogs

Dawgfan88

Of course it is about winning and losing! Learning takes place whether you are winning or losing so why not learn and win!! What middle school team in East TN does not care about winning?!? The teams in this conference are some of the toughest competition I have seen and they got that way by wanting to win. If it is not about winning then why was there a Sectional tournament added to middle school play? Or do you think that middle school ball is only about preparing them to win at the high school level? I know parents who would have your head for that way of thinking!!

I would be curious to know if this is how the High School coaches feel. Has Coach Tolley ever gone to any of the elementary coaching staff and asked them to work on specific things with their players? And as far as that goes, has the HHS coaching staff conferred with any of the future college coaches to make sure that they are teaching their players in the same way? Do you think they should?

If everyone bought into this feeder system hoopla that you are trying to push, then we would have middle school players playing like college players and that is not very realistic.

Whoa, somebody sure got their toes stepped on. Mom, before you come on here with all this mess be sure and get your facts straight. Pay attention. TAD, Happy Valley Middle, Cloudland Elementary & Hunter ALL do what their high school teams do. SO, why does Hampton Elementary not? Another question: What defense did/does HES predominantly play ? 2-1-2 and 1-3-1- Zone. Why? Don't have to spend much time working on it. What defense does HHS predominantly play? Man to Man. Hmmmmm. Style of play for HES: walk the ball down the floor and set up, while HHS likes to run and gun and pressses most of the game if not all. Did HES ever press? can they? I believe that Coach Tolley even came down there once and put his press in for HES, but to no avail I guess. Even if the coaches are not going to use any of the stuff that the high school is doing they can atleast prepare the kids for what they will be doing in the immediate future, if they cared about the success of the whole program and not just their own, that is. About the three freshman. Good players all, but behind in the aforementioned areas, and one has already QUIT because she was burned out by all the year round practicing that goes on at HES. This is not conjecture, it is fact. By the time the players get to HHS they are tired of basketball because they haven't been allowed to have any down time. Guess who is already practicing now, has been for a while, for next season. Here's a hint. It's not the high school. And one last slap in the face of the HS coaches was when they had their camp last summer and the elementary coaches didn't even allow their players to attend. Would you not want your players to get some recognition and be noticed by the high school coaches, but yet again they were working on what THEY wanted to do. Everybody sees this, exept for you few who either won't accept it or are afraid to say anything about it to the coaching staff. It will be too late when they get slapped with probation for illegal practice, and next season will be all for naught. I guess then that will be someone else's fault.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, somebody sure got their toes stepped on. Mom, before you come on here with all this mess be sure and get your facts straight. Pay attention. TAD, Happy Valley Middle, Cloudland Elementary & Hunter ALL do what their high school teams do. SO, why does Hampton Elementary not? Another question: What defense did/does HES predominantly play ? 2-1-2 and 1-3-1- Zone. Why? Don't have to spend much time working on it. What defense does HHS predominantly play? Man to Man. Hmmmmm. Style of play for HES: walk the ball down the floor and set up, while HHS likes to run and gun and pressses most of the game if not all. Did HES ever press? can they? I believe that Coach Tolley even came down there once and put his press in for HES, but to no avail I guess. Even if the coaches are not going to use any of the stuff that the high school is doing they can atleast prepare the kids for what they will be doing in the immediate future, if they cared about the success of the whole program and not just their own, that is. About the three freshman. Good players all, but behind in the aforementioned areas, and one has already QUIT because she was burned out by all the year round practicing that goes on at HES. This is not conjecture, it is fact. By the time the players get to HHS they are tired of basketball because they haven't been allowed to have any down time. Guess who is already practicing now, has been for a while, for next season. Here's a hint. It's not the high school. And one last slap in the face of the HS coaches was when they had their camp last summer and the elementary coaches didn't even allow their players to attend. Would you not want your players to get some recognition and be noticed by the high school coaches, but yet again they were working on what THEY wanted to do. Everybody sees this, exept for you few who either won't accept it or are afraid to say anything about it to the coaching staff. It will be too late when they get slapped with probation for illegal practice, and next season will be all for naught. I guess then that will be someone else's fault.

first of all....yes my toes were stepped on. When someone criticizes a program that I support I am going to take an opportunity to give my 2 cents (just like everybody else on this website). And as far as getting my facts straight, I spoke personally to 2 of the coaches on the HES coaching staff and they confirmed that although they admire and respect the coaches at the high school, they have never in their 2 years at HES seen Coach Tolley come and 'put his press in' for them.

secondly....you say that the players quit by the time they get to HHS, but there are several players that Coach White has sent to them that are still playing going into their Jr and Sr years. (the high school has more players who quit that never played for Coach White). The player you mentioned who quit DID NOT quit when she was playing at HES. In fact it took her a whole year at the high school to decide that she was (according to you) burnt out from her days in middle school.

thirdly...the practices that you speak of are 'shoot arounds' that are voluntary attendance only. Try outs have not even been held for the 09-10 season so the coaches are allowing the girls gym time to keep themselves in shape. I know other schools (some you mentioned above) that are also doing the same thing. Furthermore high school CANNOT practice because they are limited by TSSAA. Middle school does not have the same restrictions.

and lastly...My understanding with the high school camp last year was that the elementary team thought that they were too old for the camp. This was a misunderstanding that was only cleared up when Coach White went to help out at the camp herself. I don't think anyone intended to 'slap' anyone in the face.

I can't speak for the elementary coaches, but I believe that they are good, honest, hard-working people who were ASKED to come into this HES program and do the best they can. I believe that they care about their team and only want them to succeed in the future. It is easy to sit back and criticize what somebody else puts their time and sweat into doing.

Shut up, people. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This is a thread to congratulate the Hampton Lady dogs. Keep all negativety to yourselves. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hampton Elementary won the East Tennessee Small School Sectional this year and had several good players that will help Hampton next year. I believe Coach Tolley has a bright future.

I do not think Mikki Oliver has signed yet, but she should get an opportunity to play somewhere.

Mikki is talking with King College right now about a scholarship. Think she will end up there.

Shut up, people. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> This is a thread to congratulate the Hampton Lady dogs. Keep all negativety to yourselves. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Hey...nothing in my post is negative...go back and re-read if you need /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I only took an opportunity to defend HES coaches against negative comments made by others... I definately give kudos to ALL Lady Bulldogs HES and HHS alike! I think both sets of coaches do a terrific job! I know many of them (HS and MS) personally and consider them good people!

I STAND BEHIND EVERYTHING THAT "BASKETBALLMOM " HAS SAID.. BOUNCEPASS AND ANY OTHER THAT WANTS TO TRY TO START SOMETHING ABOUT THE HES COACHES PLEASE GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!! OUR GIRLS KNOW AND UNDERSTAND WHAT IT TAKE TO BE CHAMPIONS. THEY ARE VERY WILLING TO DO IT. AFTER GETTING IN HIGH SCHOOL KIDS INTEREST CAN CHANGE, BUT IF YOU REALLY HAVE B-BALL IN YOUR "BLOOD" YOU WILL STICK WITH IT........IF NOT THEN YOU WILL QUIT....... I AM VERY PROUD OF THE HHS AND HES GIRLS AND COACHES FOR ALL THEIR HARD WORK. IF NOT FOR OUR GREAT COACHING STAFF AT HES OUR GIRLS WOULD NOT BE STATE CHAMPS.... IF COACH TOLLEY FEELS THAT THE HES COACHES NEED TO CHANGE SOMETHING I AM SURE HE WOULD TALK TO COACH WHITE. THEY'RE ALL UNDERSTANDING ADULTS...... IF THE HES GIRLS ARE NOT IN A GYM THEN THEY'RE NOT HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to everyone who has congratulated us on this past season. It was the best experience I've ever had in my life. Being under-estimated in pre-season means nothing because we proved what we could do.

So thanks again to all of the fans that supported us, it is greatly appreciated.

& for all of you people talking about HES, well I've been coached under both, Richard & Ginny White & also Coach Tolley.

I think all are amazing coaches & I wouldn't trade my years under them for anything.

So from a player's point of view, I honestly do NOT think it matters what kids are taught in elementary.

Hello, it's basketball, you just play the game!!!

2-1-2 & 1-3-1 defenses are also used at HHS. not just M2M.

Trust me, I think I would know.

Also, if the HES coaches thought it was necessary to press, I'm sure they would. There were times we wouldn't press because we couldn't get back fast enough. It just all depends.

So, unless you are a player I honestly don't think you have any right saying anything about the coaching. If you don't like it then get over it & stop posting it on CoachT.

Personally, I think both HES & HHS girls' basketball teams had awesome & successful seasons this year. So be proud of the teams you're supposed to be supporting & stop being jealous of something you have not or just simply can not accomplish.

& if players get burnt out so easily, they don't need to be playing anyway.

That just means they don't have the heart to dedicate themselves.

Thank you to everyone who has congratulated us on this past season. It was the best experience I've ever had in my life. Being under-estimated in pre-season means nothing because we proved what we could do.

So thanks again to all of the fans that supported us, it is greatly appreciated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

& for all of you people talking about HES, well I've been coached under both, Richard & Ginny White & also Coach Tolley.

I think all are amazing coaches & I wouldn't trade my years under them for anything.

So from a player's point of view, I honestly do NOT think it matters what kids are taught in elementary.

Hello, it's basketball, you just play the game!!!

2-1-2 & 1-3-1 defenses are also used at HHS. not just M2M.

Trust me, I think I would know. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Also, if the HES coaches thought it was necessary to press, I'm sure they would. There were times we wouldn't press because we couldn't get back fast enough. It just all depends.

So, unless you are a player I honestly don't think you have any right saying anything about the coaching. If you don't like it then get over it & stop posting it on CoachT.

Personally, I think both HES & HHS girls' basketball teams had awesome & successful seasons this year. So be proud of the teams you're supposed to be supporting & stop being jealous of something you have not or just simply can not accomplish.

& if players get burnt out so easily, they don't need to be playing anyway.

That just means they don't have the heart to dedicate themselves.

Wonderful post! For whatever reason, some people just can't be happy with anything. The state of Hampton Lady Bulldog basketball, elementary and high schools, is blazing hot right now. As a long-time fan of Hampton sports, I'm thirlled by this, and just can't understand why some people can't be happy. I know that many players read these posts, and do my best to be supportive. I hope that as a player, you can ignore these negative posts and play the GAME as best you can, because you'll remember these days for the rest of your life. Enjoy the good times, and learn from the down times. And by the way, we are all VERY proud of you!

Wonderful post! For whatever reason, some people just can't be happy with anything. The state of Hampton Lady Bulldog basketball, elementary and high schools, is blazing hot right now. As a long-time fan of Hampton sports, I'm thirlled by this, and just can't understand why some people can't be happy. I know that many players read these posts, and do my best to be supportive. I hope that as a player, you can ignore these negative posts and play the GAME as best you can, because you'll remember these days for the rest of your life. Enjoy the good times, and learn from the down times. And by the way, we are all VERY proud of you!

well said...

• 2 weeks later...