Manassas (25-2) Draws Humboldt (33-0)...Let the Games Begin!

dollar1906

By Jason Smith (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Having driven to Murfreesboro for Saturday's state-tournament draw, Manassas boys basketball coach Gerald Harris didn't sound the least bit intimidated after his Tigers drew undefeated Humboldt in the first round of this week's Class A state tournament.

"It doesn't matter who we play against. I told my wife that on the way up here," Harris said. "We're blessed to get to this point."

CONGRAT TO THE HUMBOLDT VIKINGS AND THE SEASON THAT THEY HAD

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to bash the players on here but fans look out I'm coming later let me go and get my drink. GREAT GAME TO THE BOLDT PLAYERS AND THEIR PARENTS.

Hey, MTiger...

I'm SURE that "drink" that you're referring to is a soft drink (i.e Pespsi, Coke), right????? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Heck, I say--go enjoy whatever "drink" you like, dude! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The way Manassas pulled this game out...that's cause for an early celebration! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're sure jumping for joy, back in Memphis...I betcha'!

That's such a putdown for junior high coaches.

Here is my 2 cents worth.

As I have stated before on other Humboldt post, it all comes down to coaching and that is the BOTTOM LINE!!

Im understand that the Humboldt kids didn't evenshake the hands of the Manassas team....another coaching mistake.

Union City and even Lake County has what it takes in Coaching. Union City has won 5 state GOLD balls since the early 90's and some of those teams should have gotten beat but what the other teams didn't know was the coaching won some of those games.

Sorry Humboldt, your class showed on the floor and maybe you kids will learn from this. I personally wanted Lake County to go other than Union City but didn't happen.

For those of you who disagree with my statement about coaching, you had the talent to even win on the AAA level but the coaching of a junior high coach.

Tough way to loose and remember, just lats year, Union City 37 - 0...undefeated.

Sorry you can' t say that.

Everyone knew when the teams drew each other first game, the winner of the GOLD ball would be them.

I just don't deal with class..LESS thing and seems Humboldt had a lack of that as well.

Hey, MTiger...

I'm SURE that "drink" that you're referring to is a soft drink (i.e Pespsi, Coke), right????? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Heck, I say--go enjoy whatever "drink" you like, dude! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The way Manassas pulled this game out...that's cause for an early celebration! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're sure jumping for joy, back in Memphis...I betcha'!

Its whatever can that 87vikingalumni want to buy /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Purple & Gold Standard said on 3-16-09...Post #181.....

"I predict Manassas will win 2-6 points....The only thing that is messed up is that these two teams play each other in the very first game of the entire tournament....This usually is the least attended session of the tournament..."

Nailed it....3 points

Missed free throws (8-22) send another very talented Humboldt team home without any hardware....

Congrats to Manassas now you HAVE to win the Gold Ball........

Congrats goes to Humboldt as well.....33-1 is nothing to sneeze at and someday you guys will realize what you accomplished this year although today you probably don't....

I agree with the other posters...This game had no business being played today....There has got to be something done so this doesn't happen anymore....

I'm not going to bash the players on here but fans look out I'm coming later let me go and get my drink. GREAT GAME TO THE BOLDT PLAYERS AND THEIR PARENTS.

Go ahead and get your drink..I'm waiting for my bashing..I said Humboldt would win by at least 10 points..When Humboldt got up by 12 points,I thought it was over..I was pulling for Humboldt since they are in our district..Congrats to Manassas..Hope yall bring the gold ball home to Memphis!

That's such a putdown for junior high coaches.

Come on now this is not the time to start putting down coaches. When a coach take you to any thing that has to do with winning a state title he is doing something right so don't start dogging out the coach now please. that is not what he needs to hear right now. Any coach that have just went though HB coach just went though he needs your support because he has 15-18 kids to try and lift up. Work with the man right now. Dog him during the summer.

Purple & Gold Standard said on 3-16-09...Post #181.....

"I predict Manassas will win 2-6 points....The only thing that is messed up is that these two teams play each other in the very first game of the entire tournament....This usually is the least attended session of the tournament..."

Nailed it....3 points

Missed free throws (8-22) send another very talented Humboldt team home without any hardware....

Congrats to Manassas now you HAVE to win the Gold Ball........

Congrats goes to Humboldt as well.....33-1 is nothing to sneeze at and someday you guys will realize what you accomplished this year although today you probably don't....

I agree with the other posters...This game had no business being played today....There has got to be something done so this doesn't happen anymore....

Yes you did now come on and pull for these tigers thoughout the rest of the state

Go ahead and get your drink..I'm waiting for my bashing..I said Humboldt would win by at least 10 points..When Humboldt got up by 12 points,I thought it was over..I was pulling for Humboldt since they are in our district..Congrats to Manassas..Hope yall bring the gold ball home to Memphis!

All trust me I'm going to get you and the rest to but at a later time. Like i said congra to those young men

After the game and up top were the concessions/bathrooms are Reginald Buckner was seen talking to someone from Humboldt they started arguing and then the 2 started fight many fans rushed up top to see what was happening I do know the police broke it up and were talking to them both, a really odd thing to see and I wonder what will be done

Come on now this is not the time to start putting down coaches. When a coach take you to any thing that has to do with winning a state title he is doing something right so don't start dogging out the coach now please. that is not what he needs to hear right now. Any coach that have just went though HB coach just went though he needs your support because he has 15-18 kids to try and lift up. Work with the man right now. Dog him during the summer.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> That is classy my friend...go have a drink for me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By Jason Smith (Contact), Memphis Commercial Appeal

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Having driven to Murfreesboro for Saturday's state-tournament draw, Manassas boys basketball coach Gerald Harris didn't sound the least bit intimidated after his Tigers drew undefeated Humboldt in the first round of this week's Class A state tournament.

"It doesn't matter who we play against. I told my wife that on the way up here," Harris said. "We're blessed to get to this point."

CONGRAT TO THE HUMBOLDT VIKINGS AND THE SEASON THAT THEY HAD

Thanks Mtiger you are a class act and i will be pulling for your Tigers to win it all!!