Science Hill (31-4) vs. Walker Valley (33-1)

superstar8

I watched Walker Valley play several times this year and I think they are a very good team, but a little overrated. First of all, I was at the two WV-RB games when WV won at the buzzer each games, first at Red Bank (WV 80, RB 79) and then in overtime in the region 3AAA championship (WV 75, RB 74). That shows that they are very good under pressure, but think about it- if they had been a little off, they would be 31-3 and RB would be 22-12 and probably have a top 25 rank by now.

Another thing to point out is that Walker Valley beat Chattanooga Central (typically below average) in the first region game at WV and won by 5. Red Bank beat Central by 10 at Red Bank, then lost to them by 6 at Central (RB played horrible), and then, in district 6-AAA consolation, Central got ice-cold and Red Bank blazed, and Red Bank won by 42 (100-58). Then, next week, Central travels to Walker Valley and puts up a fight (I guess, I wasn't at the game), losing by just 5.

Point being, Walker Valley always plays hard and they are an amazing shooting team, but it seems as if they like to let pressure build up somewhat. I don't know anything about Science Hill, but from these posts, it seems as if Walker Valley will be in deep trouble if they let the pressure build up against such a tall, swift, experienced and pressure-forming team.

Just my views. Gl to both teams!!

It has been a bend, but don't break season. That is for sure.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a bend, but don't break season. That is for sure.

True. But if you look at the brackets, you'll likely be going up against powerhouses- Science Hill in the quarterfinals, Raleigh Egypt in the semis, and most likely Bearden or White Station for the state title. No offense, but I'm not sure if ya'll will be able to bend that much against those teams- even if Red Bank made it to the finals, I think Walker Valley would be hard-pressed to get a fourth win against a team they have barely escaped twice in the season and got a minor win over the other time.

Ya'll sure have done a lot of bending, though, and kudos to a grand 33-1 season...I'm just not sure how much you can bend in the big games. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Good luck!

That shows that they are very good under pressure, but think about it- if they had been a little off, they would be 31-3 and RB would be 22-12 and probably have a top 25 rank by now.

Did someone overlook you saying Red Bank would have a top 25 ranking if they won those two games at 22-12? Please tell me you were joking right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />