Knoxville Bearden (35-2) vs Clarksville NE (26-6)

Icy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this is a joke. Im not gone bash Bearden on one game but after hearing about them and fans claiming they will whoop the Memphis Teams...Come one I don't see it...Northeast by 9

Add me to that list, Terop!

I totally agree with you!

----------------------------------------

Oh well, all I can say is....that's why the play the games.

Congratulations CNE.

Good season, Bearden.

Man this is a joke. Im not gone bash Bearden on one game but after hearing about them and fans claiming they will whoop the Memphis Teams...Come one I don't see it...Northeast by 9

Add me right along with Trader....I am lovin' this /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Icy,

It's starting to look like Clarksville NE is going to pull a Muhammed Ali---they're about to shock the TN basketball world, and beat Bearden!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

Clarksville NE beats the oft-presumed, pre-ordained (by many fans on this board) TN Class AAA State Champion, Knoxville Bearden!!!!!

Wow. wow. wow!

Man Icy Northeast had one offensive player and nice size. Bearden was tall just like the fans claimed but I was not impressed, especially with the coaching tactics. I'm quite sure they're solid but they look almost like Craigmont from Memphis

Man Icy Northeast had one offensive player and nice size. Bearden was tall just like the fans claimed but I was not impressed, especially with the coaching tactics. I'm quite sure they're solid but they look almost like Craigmont from Memphis

The radio announcer stated late in the game that NE leading scorer for the year only had 5 points in the game up to that point.

Oooooo fever is going to be mad at you with that post /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... I'll let all you Northeast people get on here and bash them because he already know I have a lot to say but I'm not.. But THANKS Northeast for knocking them back down to earth.. Oh yeah, "they only beat AE by 42 and lost to Oak Hill by 10!" That's what they've been saying. Well we have to take our hats off to Bearden they did have an outstanding season however like many folks have said about AE, "it don't mean anything unless you have the GOLD to show for it..."

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How bout them ROADRUNNERS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just like I have been preaching all season long, Bearden is very overrated. Everyone got those kids thinking they the best thing since Kool-Aid. One in his right mind would have come to the conclusion that Northeast would win. Bearden played three worthy opponents out of 38 games this year and fell short on all three.....this one just happened to send them home a little early. And for all those clowns that put up all the Bearden stats about their team, erase all that crap you posted on here and pack it up and take it back to the mountains and regroup! About that one player that you mention can score, well that's where you are wrong. You saw one player step up tonight because the leading scorer was under the weather tonight. That's all you saw! And by the way, instead of downplaying those kids win, congratulate them....first time ever going to the state and knocking off the number one team in Tennesse! GO EAGLES!

Oooooo fever is going to be mad at you with that post /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ... I'll let all you Northeast people get on here and bash them because he already know I have a lot to say but I'm not.. But THANKS Northeast for knocking them back down to earth.. Oh yeah, "they only beat AE by 42 and lost to Oak Hill by 10!" That's what they've been saying. Well we have to take our hats off to Bearden they did have an outstanding season however like many folks have said about AE, "it don't mean anything unless you have the GOLD to show for it..."

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How bout them ROADRUNNERS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well I beg the differ. I will gladly keep my brain bucket on. I can't honestly tip my hat to a team that beat only those teams they were supposed to beat! There isn't any glory in whipping on the weak! And who is this Fever character! He need some words of encouragement too! GO EAGLES!

I congratulate CNE & their fans. I also feel for the players of Bearden. I'm friends with one of the players father on the Bearden squad & even though this wasn't reported (purely in house/locker room material) but their was some unrest on the team during their run thru the region tourney. At none pt during the district or regianals, the coach and the 6'9 player had differences which allegedly caused coach Blevins to briefly kick him off the team. Also, the substitution pattern was questioned by many parents even though they were winning. Even with the height and the winning record, not many of the kids are even being looked at by D1 large schools (go figure).

I remember when John Johnson (Maryland recruit) & big Doug Roth came out...OUTCOME, NO GOLD BALL. It takes more than height & hype to win the GOLD.

Good luck to the remaining combatants/warriors because we're down to the real ballers & shot callers & DEEP DOWN WE KNOW WHERE & WHAT PART OF THE STATE THEY DWELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!