Knoxville Bearden (35-2) vs Clarksville NE (26-6)

Icy

Can I get a piece of humble pie with ice cream on top to go with my plate of CROW to eat. I cant believe Bearden lost this game...maybe Clarkesville really did get an allstar team and beat Bearden.

Great to see you still here. Many of the posters that predicted a decisive win wont come back here.

Northeast didn't need an allstar team. They play in a very tough district with Clarksville high(State tournament last 2 years), Springfield, Henry County, and Rossview, and a tough Region with Beech(State team this year). And, they have an exceptional coach in Al Cooper.

GO EAGLES!!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were very O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D and their coach did not help them out any by substituting five in and five out every 3 minutes. You can sub 5 for 5 if you have 10 players that can play but Bearden is only 6 or 7 deep. Some of those guys had no business on the floor at all. Clarksville NE just save them from a Whitestation BEATDOWN. Congratulations Clarksville NE for fighting to the end and Bearden fans travel safely on I-40 East.

no i promise they werent overrated, they are still the most talented team in the state, but theyre coach is just probably one of the worst coaches in high school basketball besides coach ogan from powell... If you cant win a state championship with 4 mid major D1 prospects all over 6'5 on your team then wow thats saying something.

Plus i talked to one of the players and he said coach blevins changed the game plan and told them he wanted demonote (the big post) touching the ball every possession and that he didnt want any shots put up outside the paint...

If a coach does that, then what do you expect...

Good luck to Clarksville im glad Bearden got put out im not a bearden fan.

no i promise they werent overrated, they are still the most talented team in the state, but theyre coach is just probably one of the worst coaches in high school basketball besides coach ogan from powell... If you cant win a state championship with 4 mid major D1 prospects all over 6'5 on your team then wow thats saying something.

Plus i talked to one of the players and he said coach blevins changed the game plan and told them he wanted demonote (the big post) touching the ball every possession and that he didnt want any shots put up outside the paint...

The big didnt touch the ball everytime. He rebounded well and looked like a basketball player. I was waiting on the 6'5 6'7 wing players to kind of take over but they kept getting subbed out of the game. After the 1st quarter I almost got up and left but had to stay to see Joe the SHow

The big didnt touch the ball everytime. He rebounded well and looked like a basketball player. I was waiting on the 6'5 6'7 wing players to kind of take over but they kept getting subbed out of the game. After the 1st quarter I almost got up and left but had to stay to see Joe the SHow

Yeah they prob got subbed out cause they werent going with the game plan the coach wanted haha.

That coach will never ever in a million years come close to sniffing a gold ball if he couldnt win with this team.

He will go down as the most underachieved worst coach in basketball before its all said and done.

He pretty much lost with a college team in a high school tourney haha

I was not a big fan of the 5 in, 5 out coaching scheme employed by Coach Blevins with this team. If I was coaching them, I would have started 1) D.Fair, 2) Gabe Campbell, 3) Parker, 4) Jenkins, and 5) Simpson and went with them as my main base unit with D. Craig as the 6th man. I would not have played a meaningful minute without three of the Parker, Jenkins, Simpson, Craig quartet on the floor. Believe me, the other guys would have still gotten plenty of playing time and experience all year.

However, since Blevins employed this scheme all year, it would have been tough to change when the state tourney rolled around.

Easy to second guess now that it is over but those are my thoughts.

I told everybody that NE was a team that would beat this overrated Bearden. Bearden looked just like an averaged team that played a weak schedule and they got exposed. The substitutions did ultimately destroy this team but I was not impressed. Bearden is a good team but they were not the number 1 team in the state. The people that voted on these polls are once again wrong...lol.... At this point, before any East team is rated number one in the state, they need to play some top West teams solidify their position. I remember when McMinn was undefeated and Liberty was the best team in the state but McMinn was ranked number 1 because they were undefeated. Liberty played a brutal schedule that year and when they met in the state Liberty blasted McMinn.

congrats to NE on a great victory...

The game started with NE shooting technical free throws. The radio guy said Bearden was dunking in warm ups. Did anyone see this? It sounded like the whole team was dunking in warm ups, was this the case?

If so, not a smart way to start the state tournament.

There was only one technical called. The whole team was not dunking. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The game started with NE shooting technical free throws. The radio guy said Bearden was dunking in warm ups. Did anyone see this?

Someone else said Bearden ran around the gym before the game while NE was warming up (like they owned the gym), and got the tech for hot-dogging.

Which is it?

It was because they ran around the entire floor while northeast was warmin up.

According to the Knoxville News Sentinel, the technical was because they TWICE ran around the court where Clarksville NE was warming up and that is considered taunting by the TSSAA.

I don't think that was it. I believe the rule is you can go around the entire floor as long as the other team isn't warming up. And northeast was.