Which is the state's top team?

Indian

Which is the state's top team?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the state's top team?

I voted for Clarkrange, but, dang, I figured the vote would alot closer than this...

Those Clarkrange fans are organized and fanatic, Lord Vader. They are doing good for us in the poll. Should I get the Death Star ready for our attack on planet AAA. Skywalker and giterduncats still resist the dark side.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I ment better than .500. Maybe .525 and I still mean it as a compliment.

Dont matter if you are from Clarkrange or not. You got nothing but fan talk. Do you got anything else besides just cause I said so. anything at all.

How did Clarkrange do against AAA. or how did they do against teams that played against AAA.

I hope the Clarkrange coach has as much faith as you do and schedules a bunch of AAA teams for next year. Then we can see for sure. Wonder why he didn't do that this year. Oh well, we'll never know.

By the way, how about picking any AAA district in the state and tell me how you think Clarkrange would a done.

They finished 39-0 and if I'm not mistaken only had 1 game with less than a 10 point margin. So I guess they did OK against the teams you referred to! Clarkrange and Gibson Co. were the 2 best teams in the tourney. No one in AAA would hang with either night in and night out!

Actually, I ment better than .500. Maybe .525 and I still mean it as a compliment.

Dont matter if you are from Clarkrange or not. You got nothing but fan talk. Do you got anything else besides just cause I said so. anything at all.

How did Clarkrange do against AAA. or how did they do against teams that played against AAA.

I hope the Clarkrange coach has as much faith as you do and schedules a bunch of AAA teams for next year. Then we can see for sure. Wonder why he didn't do that this year. Oh well, we'll never know.

By the way, how about picking any AAA district in the state and tell me how you think Clarkrange would a done.

I'm going to try to educate you, but sometimes you have to be smarter than the person you are trying to teach. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I'm going to take the route of who they beat and how they did against AAA teams. Jackson County beat Cookeville twice convincingly who made AAA state, and played Riverdale very close who beat Hillsboro convincingly. We beat JC 3 times convincingly. We also beat another AAA that made substate twice, convincingly. We will never know, but you have got to be absolutely ignorant to think that Clarkrange would be .525 in AAA. This has nothing to do with AAU, and it doesn't matter where or if they are going to college. If you don't think that this is one of(maybe not the best) the better defenses to ever play, you have not watched a lot of basketball and know very little about the sport. They complimented each other and played as one. They adapted to everyone they played. That's why they could play with anyone! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They finished 39-0 and if I'm not mistaken only had 1 game with less than a 10 point margin. So I guess they did OK against the teams you referred to! Clarkrange and Gibson Co. were the 2 best teams in the tourney. No one in AAA would hang with either night in and night out!

Exactly which AAA teams did they play. Clarkrange fans are definitely sure of themselves but not very interested in detail.

Actually he tried to get more AAA teams this year, but didn't get taken up on his offers.

I think that the 3 public class champs would be competitive against each other. I think Hillsboro or Gibson County would come out on top when it was said and done. Not to take anything away from Clarkrange because they have a historical, rich basketball tradition. The speed of the other two I believe would be the difference. I did not get to to see the other two teams play, so I can't make a call on them.

In the 10 days of summer camp last summer Clarkrange went 26-3 against 3A & 2A teams (only 3 or 4 were 2A). They beat Wilson Central by 19; Shelbyville by 16; the 3 losses were by a total of 5 points. Mcgavock was in the 3A semifinals; Clarkrange beat them in a playday before the season by almost 30. They played Lawrence Co. in the playday and it was 35-10 Clarkrange in the second quarter.

The reason they did not play more 3A & 2A schools this season is because they would not play Clarkrange this year.

I think the difference with Clarkrange is that they shoot the 3 so well. They also don't get flustered. We played them in camp over the summer & they killed us from 3. AAA is more physical, but Molly bangs with T all summer so I know she wouldn't get flustered in the post. I think Clarkrange vs Hillsboro would be much closer than you think.

interesting question this year.

as a 30 year attendee of girls state, i dont consider myself a fan of any particular team, just girls basketball in general. there have only been a few single a teams that were good enough to take on anyone. this year's clarkrange team was one of them. i will have to throw out the d-2 champions, since i didnt see them play. gibson county was as good a basketball team as there was this year, but probably lacks the size to beat the other three. central and hillsboro were pretty much even, very athletic, but lacking the skills and flexibility to play more than one type of game. hillsboro's limitations were painfully evident against the press. CR's press, relying on more than just roughing people up, would kill hillsboro.

clarkrange, in my opinion, could beat either of the two AAA schools, but the game would have to be officiated. HB vs central was very entertaining, but something of a foulfest. had the officials called a basketball game, we'd still be there watching the last players on those 25 man benches go 3 on 3.

the more enjoyable game to watch would be clarkrange against gibson, but i think CR's size would win out.

some of the more skilled AAA champions of prior years could play at CR's level, and would be able to wear them down with numbers and athleticism.

In the 10 days of summer camp last summer Clarkrange went 26-3 against 3A & 2A teams (only 3 or 4 were 2A). They beat Wilson Central by 19; Shelbyville by 16; the 3 losses were by a total of 5 points. Mcgavock was in the 3A semifinals; Clarkrange beat them in a playday before the season by almost 30. They played Lawrence Co. in the playday and it was 35-10 Clarkrange in the second quarter.

The reason they did not play more 3A & 2A schools this season is because they would not play Clarkrange this year.

SO THEY PLAYED NO 3A TEAM. JUST AT SUMMER CAMP WHEN COACHES ARE NOT AS WORRIED ABOUT A WIN AS SEEING WHAT THE GIRLS DO. WHAT 2A TEAM DID THEY PLAY THIS YEAR (NOT AT SUMMER CAMP). /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

2008-2009 ScheduleAdd Game

Date Opponent Details Result

Tue Nov. 18 #3 Forrest Hall of Fame W 62-31

Tue Nov. 18 Oakdale Hall of Fame W 70-37

Sat Nov. 22 Wartburg Hall of Champions W 82-59

Sat Nov. 22 Copper Basin Hall of Champions W 79-40

Fri Nov. 28 Red Boiling Springs D W 85-32

Sat Nov. 29 Van Buren Co. W 79-36

Tue Dec. 2 #7 Oliver Springs W 61-45

Fri Dec. 5 #2 Jackson Co. D W 46-37

Mon Dec. 8 at #17 Coalfield W 70-46

Tue Dec. 9 at #20 Clay Co. D W 61-41

Sat Dec. 13 Stone Memorial W 74-39

Mon Dec. 15 Monterey D W 54-22

Tue Dec. 16 at #21 Pickett Co. D W 63-43

Sat Dec. 27 Franklin Co. (KY) N Lady Invitational of the South W 55-43

Sun Dec. 28 Pike Co. Central N LIS #16-5:30 W 57-32

Mon Dec. 29 #7 Livingston Academy N LIS 8:15 PM W 61-42

Tue Dec. 30 Ohio Co N LIS 6:30 Championship W 53-38

Tue Jan. 6 at Grace Baptist Academy W 72-22

Fri Jan. 9 at Stone Memorial W 60-45

Tue Jan. 13 Cumberland Co. W 76-45

Fri Jan. 16 #21 Pickett Co. D W 64-40

Fri Jan. 23 at Red Boiling Springs D W 66-41

Sat Jan. 24 at Monterey D W 53-27

Tue Jan. 27 at #2 Jackson Co. D W 45-35

Fri Feb. 6 at Van Buren Co. W 67-47

Sat Feb. 7 at #7 Oliver Springs W 59-49

Mon Feb. 9 #17 Coalfield Homecoming W 76-27

Tue Feb. 10 at Cumberland Co. W 38-24

Thu Feb. 12 #20 Clay Co. D W 53-32

Fri Feb. 13 Grace Baptist Academy Senior Night W 70-29

Thu Feb. 19 #21 Pickett Co. N D7A at Livingston Academy W 68-49

Mon Feb. 23 #2 Jackson Co. N D7A CShip 7:30 at Livingston Academy W 47-30

Fri Feb. 27 Trousdale Co. N R4A W 66-18

Mon Mar. 2 #16 Gordonsville N R4A at Watertown W 57-32

Wed Mar. 4 #21 Pickett Co. N R4A Final at Watertown W 49-22

Sat Mar. 7 Copper Basin A Sectional 7PM W 81-39

Wed Mar. 11 #3 Forrest N Class A State 1PM at MT Murphy Center W 56-39

Fri Mar. 13 #7 Oliver Springs N Class A Semi 11:30 at MT Murphy Center W 53-26

Sat Mar. 14 #11 Madison Acad Magnet N Class A State Championship 2PM at MT Murphy Center W 57-31

3A - Cumberland County; 2A - Stone Memorial & Livingston. Two of the better schools from Kentucky.

It is very unusual to only play three schools in those classifications.

You Clarkrange people sure are great fans, but I got some serious doubts about any Class A team being the best team in the state over AA and AAA. I saw them play this season and they are good. But I would say they would be around a .500 club at AAA... and that's a compliment!

Just curious, but how many of the Clarkrange girls are going to play at the next level and if they got anybody, then at what level? And what AAU teams do they play for? Do they play for any of the top AAU teams in the state?

sincerely,

just a ignorant AAA fan /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I'm not a Clarkrange fan, but I watch a lot of H.S. basketball. If you think this Clarkrange team would only be around .500 against AAA teams, the last line of your post tells it all.