Chatt Christian Proposal to change format

jvaughan

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that they want to guarentee a Chatt. school getting into the finals. They just beat Memphis to it...Memphis high schools get the shaft and also Memphis Tigers. Dang, Ronnie Carter has pull all the way up through the NCAA selection committee.

Anybody got anything serious/relevant to say about the topic....

i would say they want to have district tournaments in a central location instead of revolving each year to all schools in the district. This is just a guess, i know from the past that Chattanooga schools traditionally hate traveling up the valley BUT expect all the valley teams to travel to Chattanooga each year. Also, in 13 away games in a season, how many games would you think that Chattanooga schools have to travel at least 30-45 minutes to play. Valley schools travel that far in about 12 out of 13 away games in a season...

If they hated being in the 9-team district, they should've voted for just one district game between opponents each season (Bledsoe would travel to Howard one year, host the next year, for example). CCS was an exception, they traveled well, but I'm sure they all appreciated the large crowds that would travel to their games in Chattanooga, after they brought 5-10 if that to the valley for games.

ALL private schools should be in their own division period. This is argued about every year and should be until the recruiting schools no longer play the public school in the playoffs. I have no problem during the season, but they have an unfair advantage, especially in single A. 4 teams in the finals are private. Enough is enough!

ALL private schools should be in their own division period. This is argued about every year and should be until the recruiting schools no longer play the public school in the playoffs. I have no problem during the season, but they have an unfair advantage, especially in single A. 4 teams in the finals are private. Enough is enough!

If 4 teams are private...doesn't that mean that the other 4 are public. Sounds like 50:50 to me...

There are lot's of problems with 'the way it is now'.

One, today on Mar. 17th we are 32 days since the last day of the regular season, and have played 6 games with 3 to follow. Why does it take so long to play 9 freakin' games?

Two, the girls and boys are separated why? They don't separate baseball from softball or boys track from girls track. Other than the Bolivar coach that's coaching both teams, who else does this benefit? They could play the tournament simultaneously like they do district and region tournaments or have 2 separate venues like Belmont and Lipscomb.

Three, basketball is the longest season of all and there is no off season except that dead period. AAU tryouts are under way right now, they'll play up until team camp in June, two weeks for dead period, and play until school starts. In the fall the kids play in fall leagues that aren't associated with the school until practice starts in the middle of October. Then they play from mid November to mid February before the post season even starts! It's ridiculous, especially for the multi sport athletes.

It could stay the same with some common sense application. Every level could be completed in a week. Districts the first week, regions the second week and state the third. That's 3 games a week for 3 weeks from end of districts until a state champ is crowned. How hard is that? We should have been finished with the whole shooting match by March 7th.

If you're wondering what sport is suffering the most, it's baseball and the other spring sports. They get all of the pre-season taken away just playing through the district tournament. They have the shortest regular season that there is anyway and then the in season summer baseball teams are completely ignored while we have 21 days of 'team camp'. What other sport gets the kind of time that basketball gets? Why do the other sports have to suffer?

$$$$$