Red Bank vs. White Station

bluelionheart23

Red Bank is the team that no one thought would make it, but after winning on the road against Oakland, they're back in for the second year in a row. Facing them is White Station, a true power from Memphis.

Red Bank can shoot well, and their defense is getting better and more cooperative. Their talent also lies in sophomores and juniors. On the other hand, they are not a very tall team, but as shown in Oakland, size doesn't necessarily matter to win games.

White Station features a skilled team led by top-10 prospect junior Joe Jackson. I don't know much else about them, other than they barely got away with Melrose and Liberty. (WS fans, this is where you get to fill in details)

Who goes on in this game? Thoughts? Predictions?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank is the team that no one thought would make it, but after winning on the road against Oakland, they're back in for the second year in a row. Facing them is White Station, a true power from Memphis.

Red Bank can shoot well, and their defense is getting better and more cooperative. Their talent also lies in sophomores and juniors. On the other hand, they are not a very tall team, but as shown in Oakland, size doesn't necessarily matter to win games.

White Station features a skilled team led by top-10 prospect junior Joe Jackson. I don't know much else about them, other than they barely got away with Melrose and Liberty. (WS fans, this is where you get to fill in details)

I thought that Oakland was missing their best post player in that game? I think the WS game will get ugly, but with Red Bank youth and the drop to AA expect to see them back next year with a better showing.

First the teams WS beat...Melrose and Liberty have enough fire power to win the AAA championship... Next besides Joe Jackson being the best player at the state tourney, White Station also have 2 other D-1 prospects on their team

First the teams WS beat...Melrose and Liberty have enough fire power to win the AAA championship... Next besides Joe Jackson being the best player at the state tourney, White Station also have 2 other D-1 prospects on their team

Red Bank is led by 6'0" sophomore Nick Ross, 6'2" senior Bradley Britt, 6'1 sophomore Kelvin Clay, and 6'5" center Aaron Wise. Also, 5'10" junior Josh Robinson, 6'1" senior Avery Davis, and 5'10" senior Jamal Payne play.

Nick is only a sophomore, but he is proficient at 3s- if he gets hot, he's very hard to stop. Britt and Clay are also good at 3s, but Nick is who you gotta look out for. He can easily run up the score if he's on fire- he gave Red Bank the regular season district title with a 30-foot buzzer beater to send the Red Bank vs. Ooltewah game into overtime, which RB won.

The whole team can be dangerous when they're on fire, and they've also stepped up their D since last month, so don't underestimate Red Bank despite that 20-14 record.

If Red Bank plays D, shoots well, has good coordination, and gets rebounds and steals, White Station may be in trouble- but I'm not saying that that will happen...just saying if it does, look out.

This entire thread reminds me of the Oakland vs Red Bank thread /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....."Quick work of Red Bank"..."White state..game won't be close"....WS by 18...WS by 11.

If I were WS I think I would start the JV and save the starters for the next game.

This entire thread reminds me of the Oakland vs Red Bank thread /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ....."Quick work of Red Bank"..."White state..game won't be close"....WS by 18...WS by 11.

If I were WS I think I would start the JV and save the starters for the next game.

I know I said it wouldnt be close with White Station winning but its not a foregone conclusion that white station will win I just think they are a better team