Summertown, Columbia Acadamy, Richland

UNC23

Summertown started what i though was their #2 guy against Richland and Richland threw three guys that have combined pitching about 10 innings all year and it was still a good game for 3 or 4 innings a couple walks a couple bad calls opend the door then Summertown just started teeing off it was a lot closer game then 15-4 game tho

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how could you possibly say summertowns pitching is "not that good" they started their 3rd and 4th best starting pitchers and still only gave up 1 run and 4 runs... the other 2 runs ca scored were off a freshman reliever when the game was all but over and no one really cared that much anymore

Face it....their pitching isn't that good. They dont have anybody that can strike out 10-12 everytime they step on the mound (not against Richland or CA anyway) BUT they do play good D which makes the pitchers life a whole lot easier. I can tell you 1st hand that a good D gives a pitcher confidence and makes him a better pitcher all the way around. Their defence is why i'm taking Summertown over both Richland and CA.

Face it....their pitching isn't that good. They dont have anybody that can strike out 10-12 everytime they step on the mound (not against Richland or CA anyway) BUT they do play good D which makes the pitchers life a whole lot easier. I can tell you 1st hand that a good D gives a pitcher confidence and makes him a better pitcher all the way around. Their defence is why i'm taking Summertown over both Richland and CA.

Summertowns D did look good and they may have the edge but those scores this weekend are not in any way indicative of what will happen in must win games against CA or Richland.

Dawg, most Summertown people do understand. This game meant nothing as soon as it was put on the schedule. Unfortunately there are a few individuals on here that thought this game did mean something and instead of running their mouth on here ought to be spending some worthwhile time in the cage.

i think we have to face it, CA is not playing very well right now at all. they have lost something like 6 straight? but id say it should get back to normal this next week. They have had some injuries, both ayers and workman have had some injuries, but they should be back to normal this week. but there gonna keep struggling until they find there bats again like earlier in the season.

Dawg, most Summertown people do understand. This game meant nothing as soon as it was put on the schedule. Unfortunately there are a few individuals on here that thought this game did mean something and instead of running their mouth on here ought to be spending some worthwhile time in the cage.

I agree, this game dosen't mean anything at all. Neither team threw their best pitching, but CA's bats are gonna have to get alot better if they want a chance of beating Summertown next time around. Summertown is going to put some runs on the board so if you want to beat them, you're going to have to score some runs as well.

Yeah, Summertown might not have the best pitching in the state, but they get the job done. Besides, when you have the bats and the defense that Summertown has, you don't have to have dominating pitching to be successful.

Summertowns D did look good and they may have the edge but those scores this weekend are not in any way indicative of what will happen in must win games against CA or Richland.

Well of course it isn't. Thats not region baseball. There are gonna be very few teams that do run rule in region. Especially the region semis...an elimination game. Summertown is not going to score 18 or 15 runs again the next time they play CA or Richland. But they will score a few runs and play their normal defense. If CA or Richland is going to beat Summertown, they need to bat better than what they showed in their first meeting. Simply throwing you 'worse' pitchers does not mean your offense didnt come either. You may have not as good pitching on that day but you have your bats and D every day.