Final Four in A

Vandychris

Ok, so now we are left with four teams---Manassas, who seems to be the favorite: Grace Baptist, who many think may be able to challenge Manassas; Temple, the early favorite to come out of the bottem bracket; and Summertown, the team no one is talking about that just keeps winning games they aren't favored in. My gut feeling is that the semifinal winners will be Grace and Summertown. Something tells me the whole story has not played out yet with the stuff that happened at Murphy today and that Manassas will be short-handed. The defense Summertown has been playing as of late is incredible--held Cully to around 50, Cwood to the same and Eagleville and CA struggled to score points too. Those are some offensive teams we are talking about and we all know defense wins championships. What are your thoughts--are they the same as mine or are yours different?

Ok, so now we are left with four teams---Manassas, who seems to be the favorite: Grace Baptist, who many think may be able to challenge Manassas; Temple, the early favorite to come out of the bottem bracket; and Summertown, the team no one is talking about that just keeps winning games they aren't favored in. My gut feeling is that the semifinal winners will be Grace and Summertown. Something tells me the whole story has not played out yet with the stuff that happened at Murphy today and that Manassas will be short-handed. The defense Summertown has been playing as of late is incredible--held Cully to around 50, Cwood to the same and Eagleville and CA struggled to score points too. Those are some offensive teams we are talking about and we all know defense wins championships. What are your thoughts--are they the same as mine or are yours different?

Manassas sleep walks through the next two games and takes home the gold. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Manassas sleep walks through the next two games and takes home the gold. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I wouldn't be so confident if I was you. If they turn the ball over as much as they did yesterday Summertown will tear them up. Another deciding factor could be the Manassas' players fouling out because of over-the-back fouls. They better learn to box out quick because if they dont they will be flying over the Summertown players and will be sitting on the bench watching their teammates play...

GO EAGLES!!

Manassas by 10+

Temple by 5-10

Manassas by 10+ in the championship, no sleep walking though.

And I thought they gave the gold ball away yesterday after the first game.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> Guess thats what I get for getting my news from this board. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Summertown has been an underdog every since there mid season slump where they were beat bye forrest and wayne county. I honestly think that people are extrememly overlooking them. I honestly don't know if they are the best team left in it but they are a great underdog. People who have over looked them have been shocked. I think that if Temple Doesn't come ready to play then Summertown Could possible run them out of the gym. But Close Game either way. Go Summertown. Keep Playing Hard.

Summertown has been an underdog every since there mid season slump where they were beat bye forrest and wayne county. I honestly think that people are extrememly overlooking them. I honestly don't know if they are the best team left in it but they are a great underdog. People who have over looked them have been shocked. I think that if Temple Doesn't come ready to play then Summertown Could possible run them out of the gym. But Close Game either way. Go Summertown. Keep Playing Hard.

i agree, nobody has said anything about summertown. Well there in the final four and there playing hard with alot of heart. If summertown keeps playing the way they have been... then Temple better come to play!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter who they are playing or what the predictions are. They are well disciplined and hard working. Coach Trotter expects nothing less. The Eagles do a great job of putting themselves in a situation to win games. Don't over look the Eagles or you may get clawed.

Go Eagles!!!

What happened to Humboldt? They were supposed to be head and shoulders above every team in single A. To be such a HEAVY favorite and come up short must have been some kind of MAJOR choke job. Guess they wasn't as good as everybody said.

Choke job is to say the least when the missed 16 free throws. They are supposed to be like the name of them key word being free. I though presonally that Humboldt was more talented than manassas from top to bottom, but Manassas did what teams do that win championship witch is weather out the storms. I hate to say this because of two fans but bring a gold ball back to west tennessee Manassas. That is for you two inbreds j/k. Legend and Mtiger. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Well... Now back to the original subject:

Between Manassas and Grace, I think that Grace wins this one. Judging from the way the west teams have been overlooking everyone in the state to the gold ball, they will not come out fully prepared to play Grace and will find themselves digging out of a deep hole early. I know the coaches will not overlook them but if the players themselves have the same attitude as the fans who post on here, it is going to be ugly (sorry).

As far as Summertown and Temple: Summertown and Clarksville matched well against each other yesterday. Summertown is a very disciplined team and I am sure that they will have a good defensive plan for Temple. I do not think that Summertown matches up well against Temple, personally. However, neither team should overlook the other or a disaster will occur. I have to give Temple the edge in this game.