Giles County's offense

MikeWinchell

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw another post put up by someone from Lewis County and they questioned the special teams. What do you guys think about kick/punt return?

well giles county always puts pride in their special teams...which is why they are referred to as the pride teams to the players. kickoff return should still be explosive with smith returning the ball.

Just saw another post put up by someone from Lewis County and they questioned the special teams. What do you guys think about kick/punt return?

They also wanted to know about their managers? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Surprise? Is Giles County looking to get another coach? I am amazed at how the community is always looking to find the best coaching for GCHS and are content to leave Richland High School out of the competition. As a county, it only seems fair to give the players at RHS the same advantages in coaching personnel. That school has been stuck with the same head coach for years and the players with the tradition of a losing team. the squad of 2010 from the northern end of the county deserves a surprise in the coming year too.

Good luck Bobcats!

Surprise? Is Giles County looking to get another coach? I am amazed at how the community is always looking to find the best coaching for GCHS and are content to leave Richland High School out of the competition. As a county, it only seems fair to give the players at RHS the same advantages in coaching personnel. That school has been stuck with the same head coach for years and the players with the tradition of a losing team. the squad of 2010 from the northern end of the county deserves a surprise in the coming year too.

Good luck Bobcats!

im pretty positive that Giles county isnt looking for a new coach...i mean why would they? Coach oconner is happy here and we are a consistent playoff team, i dont see why they would change that.

and who likes Richland anyways? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but they do deserve another coach so they may be able to get to the playoffs every once in a while.

i wish we still played them...that was a fun rivlary game

the offense should be ok.but there are alot of what if's.what if bo get's hurt who's his back up fred appleton?and yes they did make it to the third round last year without rico.but tyler watson and zach bailey are ok recievers but they hear alot of foot steps.may be rico will get his head on straight because he is a talented player

the offense should be ok.but there are alot of what if's.what if bo get's hurt who's his back up fred appleton?and yes they did make it to the third round last year without rico.but tyler watson and zach bailey are ok recievers but they hear alot of foot steps.may be rico will get his head on straight because he is a talented player

well thats what makes football so fun, the what ifs. anything can happen...its how you step up and overcome those obstacles.

i agree that watson and bailey heard alot of footsteps last year but i know for a fact that watson is improving...he'll be a big playmaker this year, especially since rico is NOT coming back...even if he does straighten up.

i'll tell you who heard alot of footsteps as a reciever was bochoven last year..i saw him drop like 3 deep balls and get drilled lol. watson wasnt really that bad..he just ran before he caught the ball. newton dropped one TD in the first lipscomb game but he didnt really drop anymore that i can think of. but overall i think watson is gonna be alot better this year.

They going to let Brown come back? Thought he was done, but I guess a good players is hard to replace. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

i dont know how many times i have to say this RICO IS NOT COMING BACK!!! he got kicked off the team, and i have personally heard the coaches say he was through.

Conner is going to stay. For a while at least. I look for him to take the Lincoln County position when ever their coach leaves. Richland hasn't had a winning season since 1990 (I think). They did win their first playoff game since that year three years ago though. Part of the problem up there dates back to the last two coaching regimes befor Taylor. Chunn became burned out several years before he retired and Shirey just didn't have the tools around him. I think Chunn was really counting on the 93' team to be successfull because they were loaded with talent and were such a large class. The problem was that he babied them when they were freshmen and sophmores so when Shirey took over, there was no disclipine. Look for the kid that came in a couple of years ago as an assistant to take over the head coaching position. He was the most talented kid of that era when he played H.S. sports.

If Richland would have played them back in their hay day of the late 80's, I am confident they would have beaten G.C. The coaching of G.C. from the early 80's till Smith took back over was plain terrible. Because of the coaching, I don't blame the Wallace kids dad taking him to G.C. instead of Richland.

i can see oconner going to lincoln county, but as you said not until their coach leaves because he is like a legend over there...and i dont see him leaving until his kids are done with school at giles county.

your prolly right about the 80's thing lol but from the mid 90's to now they didnt stand a chance.

My sentiments also. That is why I think we will see a dominant running game/attack. I believe they will pass mostly to open up the game or if they "have" to. Probably will see the pigskin fly once the game is kinda in hand.

He's done!

these guys need to quit being babies....their are always "what if" scenarios. i agree on the running game, between wallace and houston(who will in my opinion overshadow bo this season) running the ball who needs a passing game.

FINALLY somebody understands that rico is through at giles county...thank you /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />