THS VIKINGS 09

THSVIKINGS11

Word on the street is Bristol is gearing up to run the spread. Whoa! Stubbs has come out of the closet. What's the boy thinking? It takes three years to learn the spread. Well, if it's true it will be interesting. Thoughts?

If you can't beat em,join em I guess. Solid strategy coming out of Bristol.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word on the street is Bristol is gearing up to run the spread. Whoa! Stubbs has come out of the closet. What's the boy thinking? It takes three years to learn the spread. Well, if it's true it will be interesting. Thoughts?

I think we will have alot of opponents shaking in their shoes at facing an offense they aren't used to coming from the THS Vikings!!! If our defense can lay down the law we should be pretty daggone good!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They will participate in a 7 on 7 tournament in July. I'm not sure if that's customary for them considering the number of times they usually throw the ball.

Now that would be a sight to behold in the castle on Friday nights /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ..but i doubt it will be a spread option persay..mabye multiple receiver sets and with single and maybe some two back sets.. but i doubt the QB gets many carries... I bet he,ll be slinging it though /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> But... hey you never know? stranger things have happend...I think /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Now that would be a sight to behold in the castle on Friday nights /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ..but i doubt it will be a spread option persay..mabye multiple receiver sets and with single and maybe some two back sets.. but i doubt the QB gets many carries... I bet he,ll be slinging it though /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> But... hey you never know? stranger things have happend...I think /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

YUP. I heard Coach Stubbs already spent about $5000 on new equiptment and gonna spend another $5000

on O-LINE sled. Also heard

WE ARE GONNA PASS THE BALL, AND WE WILL PASS THE BALL A LOT........

YUP. I heard Coach Stubbs already spent about $5000 on new equiptment and gonna spend another $5000

Cool!! should be fun to watch /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Could be a scary thing for NET teams. I remember seeing Harmon in the first Region 1 Middle school championship at Colonial Heights. He could sling the ball 60 yards then. I have always been amazed that he didnt play earlier and the O wasnt tweaked to his strengths. Bristol should have some decent speed at WR as well. Why don't you guys wait a year before trying anything new though! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I think I said this earlier, but if we don't have success throwing early on in the season, the running game will prevail as usual. I hope we do just enough of both to keep defenses off guard! Throwing the ball alot could mean as few as 5-10 times a game considering we aren't the kind of offense that throws the ball around. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Good luck to all the young guys involved. ALOT of talent all over the field!

They're saying over on the South thread that their defense will contain almost all "all staters." Does anyone agree or disagree with that statement? How will the Viking defense compare to South defense? I feel that we have returning starters on defense that have seen significant playing time at several positions and I think we will have the defense to shut em down! Maybe South is just talking it up considering they should be down some this year. Back when the upcoming senior guys were freshman we put it on South in the freshman game. We are just as talented if not more so. I think this could be our year to take em out!

They're saying over on the South thread that their defense will contain almost all "all staters." Does anyone agree or disagree with that statement? How will the Viking defense compare to South defense? I feel that we have returning starters on defense that have seen significant playing time at several positions and I think we will have the defense to shut em down! Maybe South is just talking it up considering they should be down some this year. Back when the upcoming senior guys were freshman we put it on South in the freshman game. We are just as talented if not more so. I think this could be our year to take em out!

Several of this years upcoming senior class at South played up and didn't play freshman ball when they were freshmen. Our D is loaded. Only questions we have this year are on O.

Several of this years upcoming senior class at South played up and didn't play freshman ball when they were freshmen. Our D is loaded. Only questions we have this year are on O.

Smoke & Mirrors /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

South needs work in the D Backs. A class QB with speedy recievers would eat them alive.......right now. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> <---(love the little faces)

There is time though.