Thomas Walker

Dobyn's-Bennett (2 teams)

Elizabethton

Cloudland

West Greene

Tennessee

Volunteer

North Greene

According to Abingdon's website, the games start @ 9:00.

Thanks what is the website

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good summation Crawdad. I just wonder from Cap, '04, and couch if Coach Stubbs is getting all that is available. I mean who is floating around the hallways looking for something to do. I did recognize that the basketball team was comprised almost completely of football starters. That sort of says that they are tapped. I find that hard to believe though. One thing I can attest to though is that a successful system coach must be a talent magnet. A good option QB is just as crutial to Stubbs program as a gunslinger is to Stacy's. Cap will interject though that if Bristol had the talent South has had since '05 that Stubb's would have won the state by now. And '09 is the last of the Hunter Jordan regime' influenced talent. And evidence abounds. The '05 Vikings were weak not unlike the '08 Vikings. The '06 Vikings were very tough as well the '07 Vikings. I don't see a continual drop off since '04 because the '06 and '07 campaigns were very worthy groups. I feel the '08 Vikings were without an identity. The blame could fall in a couple of places but we all know it falls squarely on the quarterbacking decision. As right as it was it still caused a bit of confusion. Especially when Harmon was not utylised to the best of his ability. And to drop Canty out of sight was not good. It's a good thing South will have it's best D in years because Bristol will surely test it to the limit.

I have to give my opinion on this one "If Bristol had the talent South has had since 05 that Stubbs would have won the state by now". I'm going to flip that quote...If Bristol had the coaching that South has had since 05 they would have won the state by now!!!!! If you look at talent position by position for these two teams, I feel there is no comparison. The South coaching staff has the ability to find the football players with heart and determination that are willing to commit themselves to a common goal (WINNING). The South players have bought in on the concepts sold by their coaching staff. I saw, during the 07 and 08 seasons at Bristol, A tremendous amount of talent and athletic ability not being utilized. I mean absolutely wasted!! Pure raw speed and receiver ability waisted in Wilson, A tremendous athlete in Young untapped. The big fullback ( I can't remember his name) under utilized, A great running back in Sheppard who was basically thrown out in the middle of the ocean with out a life jacket every game, big strong lineman on both sides of the ball that have no understanding of fundamental football. I'm sorry, But I have to disagree. If you are not happy with your coaches, Perhaps Bristol fans who agree with me would like to offer a trade. However, I expect you to disagree with me. And you should, because, to my point...WASTED TALENT

I have to give my opinion on this one "If Bristol had the talent South has had since 05 that Stubbs would have won the state by now". I'm going to flip that quote...If Bristol had the coaching that South has had since 05 they would have won the state by now. If you look at talent position by position for these two teams, I feel there is no comparison!!!!!. The South coaching staff has the ability to find the football players with heart and determination that are willing to commit themselves to a common goal (WINNING). The South players have bought in on the concepts sold by their coaching staff. I saw, during the 07 and 08 seasons at Bristol, A tremendous amount of talent and athletic ability not being utilized. I mean absolutely wasted!! Pure raw speed and receiver ability waisted in Wilson, A tremendous athlete in Young untapped. The big fullback ( I can't remember his name) under utilized, A great running back in Sheppard who was basically thrown out in the middle of the ocean with out a life jacket every game, big strong lineman on both sides of the ball that have no understanding of fundamental football. I'm sorry, But I have to disagree. If you are not happy with your coaches, Perhaps Bristol fans who agree with me would like to offer a trade. However, I expect you to disagree with me. And you should, because, to my point...WASTED TALENT

Gepetto...good post. You view things correctly. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the light. But in '07 Cap stated that if Bristol had South's talent that they would have gotten past Maryville. And all in support because he gave in debth reports on what to expect at that level. And he felt like all others that the semifinal game was in fact the actual state championship. This was nothing short of admiration and support for our fellow conference brethern. All felt that it was a one man show but as proven in '08 it was anything but. And Cap, along with others from various conferences including posters west of MoTown, agreed that #15 was underutilyzed in '07...especially in the Maryville game. Hence the mentality that, "If Stubbs had South's talent that they would have broken the hymen." You stated that the talent quality was equal and that Bristols inventory was underutilyzed...and I can agree with some of that. Where South was superior was in obvious places but especially at the tailback position and obviously QB. Not because he belongs to me but #15 was clearly superior to any other TB in the east tn area. Including the Knoxville area and on par with the best in the state. Stubbs would have taken that to the redline much like Stacy did Curt. I think Souths biggest advantages over Bristol under the Stacy Carter program are clearly preparation, motivation, and downright pride. Something that has never existed at this altitude at South until now. I was not dissing Stacy but merely alluding to what others had said in regard to the performance displayed. Obviously, Stubbs has had the experience of going to the big game and the mentality of what it feels like to be there. That is something that only experience can teach. At that level...probably beginning at the quarterfinals and beyond is most definately nothing more than a coaching game. In fact some will say the playoffs in general. Which was proven in '08 with Cherokee and especially MoEast providing proof anything can happen. Which substantiates the fact that regardless the level of talent employed by Maryville over the years that what they had accomplished was nothing short of astounding. Understanding that the experience of living at that level of accomplishment is intimidation sufficient to trump any and all other tools possesed by any coach.

What you said regarding Wilson, (especially) Young, and Shepard, was spot on. And your statement about the South staff having the ability to find players with and extract from them heart and determination is the difference in South's uncanny rise to power of late. This I feel being Stach's trump card. Any coach is lacking in some area but this clearly is Stacy's claim to fame and quite frankly is a phenomonal difference maker. A mentality that is clearly the footer for the erection of any tower. And Souther's complaints about Stacy and Co., are micromanagement at best and are comparable to suggestions on how to walk a tight wire at death defying heights. A feat that is clearly a fateful ability...regardless of speaking in reference to coaching or individual talent performance in this situation.

Let it stand that NO Souther including myself has any leg to stand on regarding any argument about what Stacy should have done. Obviously, the '09 campaign being a pivotal brace in the erection of the Stacy Carter Tower. Many will argue that '08 was this very brace and was employed with an inherent structural fracture which was only brought to light under the emence structural rigidity flaw evidenced by number #15's failure in the crucial moment. This would be your argument that Shepard is equal to #15's ability in any comparable situation. Shepard's performace in '09 will obviously be the same microscopic analization of inherent fateful ability. The difference between the two and any other athlete comparison between South and Bristol especially #10 can always be concluded with Stacy's ability to extract heart and determination from key personal that leads to leadership ability of a team and is a basic ingredient in the recipe of success. Many say Stacy should have won the state by now. And true his ability to perform at that limit is under scrutiny. But I feel I can speak for all the Rebel Nation when I say that !00% of the Rebel Nation has bought into his concept. The road is paved and is waiting for it's first interstate traveler. Stacy Carter is not for sale and currently is The Rebel Nation.

In regards to a comparison of Stacy and other local coaches including Clark the difference maker is the quality referred to in this post. Which inevitably is a pathway to greatness. Many will scoff and say yeah, yeah, yeah...we've heard all this before...this is just another cult with suicide followers but I tell you that it is for real and the proof will come.

Southers don't necessarily feel Stubb's is inferior to Stacy but that he simply has lost focus. I feel he will regain his focus for '09. And DB? That is yet to be seen for all eyes are on Clark and his ability to create for '09. And we must not forget Scott Smith. Science Hill is like a third world country will the ability to build an atomic weapon. One successful year for the Hill will change NET forever. Especially given the 'Hills success in all other sports. However, until they succeed in football they will always be regarded as a round ball school. Because the gridiron rules. And that is that. Your common sense posting appreciated.

Yea i mean look at the playoffs last year DB was definatley predicted to go farther, but they fall in first round

If we can get Harmon to JED on those deep routes or even slants that should be pretty good.

Do you know when the Jamboree is?

I'm hearing that the Big 8 Jamboree is on August 13th @ 6:00.

If im not mistaken, Isn't Coach Stubbs the winningest coach of all time at THS. Does this bring any momentum into this season

Yes, he is. He was a running back and I think he prefers to coach with the "dance with what brought ya" mentality. Nonetheless, I think he'll properly use the talent that they have this year.