Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

Man has 3 quarterfinal appearances and two region titles at rhea in 8 yrs and all I ever see is Rhea fans talking about what he ain't doin right. Who could blame him for leavin.

Yeah, a region championship in the late 90s and last year, plus three quarterfinal appearances. Rhea fans just seem to me tired of the buddy-buddy system and would like a coach that would take the program to the next level. Not saying they could beat Maryville every year, but losing to them year after year would seem to get old. I also know from watching that Rhea's OC enjoys calling the screen on 3rd and 20+. The element of surprise only works the first couple times you try it; it doesn't work, however, when you do it every time you are faced with that down and distance. Rhea's OC has also made a costly mistake that I never let go: by allowing a starter to remain in the game at Walker Valley just to improve his stats, though the game was out of reach in Rhea's favor. To make things worse, it was the OC's step-son.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, a region championship in the late 90s and last year, plus three quarterfinal appearances. Rhea fans just seem to me tired of the buddy-buddy system and would like a coach that would take the program to the next level. Not saying they could beat Maryville every year, but losing to them year after year would seem to get old. I also know from watching that Rhea's OC enjoys calling the screen on 3rd and 20+. The element of surprise only works the first couple times you try it; it doesn't work, however, when you do it every time you are faced with that down and distance. Rhea's OC has also made a costly mistake that I never let go: by allowing a starter to remain in the game at Walker Valley just to improve his stats, though the game was out of reach in Rhea's favor. To make things worse, it was the OC's step-son.

In defense of Rhea's OC, when you have had the QB troubles we've had in recent years it's not that bad of a call. Players like Moffet and AJ have the potential to make a big play on any screen play. If they don't make the first, then you have one of the best punters in the state to flip field position. On the other hand, you could try to throw it deep with a young QB, get a pick, and give up great field position and a TD.

Many RC fans don't understand these concepts, but they work. Just look at the RB game last year.

Many RC fans don't understand these concepts, but they work. Just look at the RB game last year.

I understand the concept quite well. I have been around Cameron and Fitzgerald for years, including four years of football with them. The RB game last year is a good example of the screen game working. BUT, how many times did we sit and watch the screen be called and it not work. Yes, Josh was a great punter and turned the field many times; but when the DC can bet the ranch that we are going to throw a screen, I would rather hit the flats or something other than the screen. Just a thought /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I understand the concept quite well. I have been around Cameron and Fitzgerald for years, including four years of football with them. The RB game last year is a good example of the screen game working. BUT, how many times did we sit and watch the screen be called and it not work. Yes, Josh was a great punter and turned the field many times; but when the DC can bet the ranch that we are going to throw a screen, I would rather hit the flats or something other than the screen. Just a thought /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well maybe if he leaves we can get you up there to show us how it is done.For the record i hope he stays.

I didn't mean to insinuate that you didn't understand, I was referring to the few middle aged RC fans in the stands every Friday night wearing jorts and and a mullet who are yelling "THAT DOESN'T WORK". People like this just have no grasp of the game of football. During the 3 years he has been OC, Coach Cameron has actually impressed me with his play calling. That being said, I can't testify to his actual "coaching" abilities in practice and on the sideline. Plays conservative, but isn't afraid to throw a wrinkle or two in. Ie: the Maryville game 3 (I think it was 3) years ago when we came out in 5 wide and threw it all over them. That's one of my favorite RC memories over the past few years. You could have heard a pin drop on the home side of the stadium. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Anyone confirm this? Doesn't look good for the Blue Raiders.

I could in like 5 mins when I drive over to the school for spring practice. But it will probably be after practice before I can get to a computer. Fitz would never go to Cleveland anyways. Also I talk to McCowan about the deal over there an he also said it is the most unorganized search he has ever seen.

I could in like 5 mins when I drove over to the school for spring practice. But it will probably be after practice before I can get to a computer. Fitz would never go to Cleveland anyways.

well I heard this morning that he had applied but I wouldnt be surprised if its just something someone has made up....my first instinct was that he wouldnt want the job....but people will do alot of things for money.