BTW vs Fulton

adsmom86

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If BTW would've pulled that off, it would've been the best comeback I've ever seen! They were down 20 to start the fourth and lost by 1! I really like the way Steele plays. He's a great player! Where is Gallman going (PG)? He can handle the ball well and has a nice shot as well!

Gallman signed with MTSU.

Anybody else think that BTW's shot selection is a little questionable?

The best team won today..... Congratulations Fulton.... Excellent comeback & season BTW.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, BTWs shot-selection was absolutely horrible!

BTW digressed into its old, ineffective habits of 1-on-1 offensive play. They got completely away from the team-play that got them into the Championship game, in the first place.

BTW was doomed, as they never seem to bother running anything resembling an offense. They were very impatient, and settled for 3-pointers (Fool's Gold) and a variety of other perimeter shots. They kept shooting them (instead of attacking the basket), despite the obvious fact that those shots were not falling.

BTW promptly dug themselves a massive hole, out of which they could not fully recover.

Meanwhile, Fulton took full advantage of BTWs quick-fire, inept offense. Fulton remained patient and true to its offense and, as a result, got much better shots...... Later, once BTW made its run, Fulton was able to hit enough FTs during that stretch, to keep BTW at bay (albeit, just barely)!!

I WAS PULLING FOR FULTON BUT I THINK ON THE LAST INBOUNDS PLAY IT SHOULDVE BEEN A 5 SECOND CALL AND BTW SHOULDVE HAD A LAST SHOT FOR THE WIN.

I don't know about the 5 second call at the end, but the on the play before that, 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel.

I wonder. How did they win a state championship while only losing to 2 teams all year, when they are THAT horrible at handling the ball? There was a time when competition prevented teams like that from even being anywhere near a State Tournament. That was pitiful, seriously.

Seemed like both teams came out looking pretty below average. BTW only scores 8 points in the entire first half yet only trails by 13 because Fulton could only manage 21 points in the same span. BTW had more height, speed and individual talent. Play together and take reasonable shots(along with the pressure defense), and you run away with a title. For goodness sakes, those guys were HOOOOOOOORRIBLE at handling the ball. Some of yall try too hard at analyzing these games. The best "team" won. Look, it's this simple: 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel on the same possession. Then, the clock ran out on BTW. Before that, both teams looked like trash on offense. Fulton just got their nerves together much faster. FYI, BTW missed PLENTY lay-ups in the 1st quarter, and you could tell that they were obviously too hyped up when they were driving. Afterwards, they began to settle too much for ridiculous shots. Then Fulton couldn't get the ball past halfcourt. You people are talking some guys they have who are supposed to be going to college somewhere. Well, WHERE WERE THOSE GUYS WHEN IT CAME TIME TO DRIBBLE THE BALL? Do they not run press offense in practice? Run a man to the middle of the floor and beat the trap. It's easy.

I don't know about the 5 second call at the end, but the on the play before that, 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel.

I wonder. How did they win a state championship while only losing to 2 teams all year, when they are THAT horrible at handling the ball? There was a time when competition prevented teams like that from even being anywhere near a State Tournament. That was pitiful, seriously.

Seemed like both teams came out looking pretty below average. BTW only scores 8 points in the entire first half yet only trails by 13 because Fulton could only manage 21 points in the same span. BTW had more height, speed and individual talent. Play together and take reasonable shots(along with the pressure defense), and you run away with a title. For goodness sakes, those guys were HOOOOOOOORRIBLE at handling the ball. Some of yall try too hard at analyzing these games. The best "team" won. Look, it's this simple: 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel on the same possession. Then, the clock ran out on BTW. Before that, both teams looked like trash on offense. Fulton just got their nerves together much faster. FYI, BTW missed PLENTY lay-ups in the 1st quarter, and you could tell that they were obviously too hyped up when they were driving. Afterwards, they began to settle too much for ridiculous shots. Then Fulton couldn't get the ball past halfcourt. You people are talking some guys they have who are supposed to be going to college somewhere. Well, WHERE WERE THOSE GUYS WHEN IT CAME TIME TO DRIBBLE THE BALL? Do they not run press offense in practice? Run a man to the middle of the floor and beat the trap. It's easy.

Quit crying and making excuses and congratulate Fulton for winning ANOTHER state title

The best team won today..... Congratulations Fulton.... Excellent comeback & season BTW.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, BTWs shot-selection was absolutely horrible!

BTW digressed into its old, ineffective habits of 1-on-1 offensive play. They got completely away from the team-play that got them into the Championship game, in the first place.

BTW was doomed, as they never seem to bother running anything resembling an offense. They were very impatient, and settled for 3-pointers (Fool's Gold) and a variety of other perimeter shots. They kept shooting them (instead of attacking the basket), despite the obvious fact that those shots were not falling.

BTW promptly dug themselves a massive hole, out of which they could not fully recover.

Meanwhile, Fulton took full advantage of BTWs quick-fire, inept offense. Fulton remained patient and true to its offense and, as a result, got much better shots...... Later, once BTW made its run, Fulton was able to hit enough FTs during that stretch, to keep BTW at bay (albeit, just barely)!!

Trader after watching Fulton(congrats once again) vs Bolivar me and a couple of casual fans were saying BTW will come out from the tip and apply pressure on Fulton. BTW opened with a half-court zone then went with a full-court zone with no pressure. Fulton was very patient and didnt force any shots. They passed the ball around and got lay-ups and somehow BTW lost Steele(the best shooter in the BORO) numerous times. After being down double digits in the 3rd I was waiting for the pressure. Horton waited to 4th and then they brought it big-time. The excitement of the 4th was what everybody was waiting for. Fulton responded by making sure Steele touched the ball to get fouled. Great Game Great Game....

I also saw Gallman step out of bounds before he called a time out there towards the end. Gallman was trapped by 2 players from BTW, Gallman steps back which he clearly stepped out of bounds and didn't realize it, and then he called time out. Fulton was awarded the time out. His foot was clearly out of bounds. The ref paid no attention to it. I'm 100% sure he was out of bounds before the time out was called. I was sitting about 10 feet away from it.

I also saw Gallman step out of bounds before he called a time out there towards the end. Gallman was trapped by 2 players from BTW, Gallman steps back which he clearly stepped out of bounds and didn't realize it, and then he called time out. Fulton was awarded the time out. His foot was clearly out of bounds. The ref paid no attention to it. I'm 100% sure he was out of bounds before the time out was called. I was sitting about 10 feet away from it.

Excellent Observations GC...I was 15 rows up and saw that

Trader after watching Fulton(congrats once again) vs Bolivar me and a couple of casual fans were saying BTW will come out from the tip and apply pressure on Fulton. BTW opened with a half-court zone then went with a full-court zone with no pressure. Fulton was very patient and didnt force any shots. They passed the ball around and got lay-ups and somehow BTW lost Steele(the best shooter in the BORO) numerous times. After being down double digits in the 3rd I was waiting for the pressure. Horton waited to 4th and then they brought it big-time. The excitement of the 4th was what everybody was waiting for. Fulton responded by making sure Steele touched the ball to get fouled. Great Game Great Game....

I watched some of the game while half asleep last night /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....one thing I questioned after watching some of it was WHY in the world Horton didn't have them applying pressure from the get go??????....I too expected to see that. Was he afraid of them getting in foul trouble???? I did see the Nuby kid make a GREAT drive towards the end of the game, followed by BTW making a steal and getting another goal. I predict the Nuby kid will be something else by his senior year...he is very impressive. Gonna have to go back and look at the tape to see the timeout deal.

Woulda coulda shoulda... You may have had the team with more individual talent, but you lost the game because you were out coached. With the pressure applied half way during the 4th quarter, it was obviously the coach's strategy to be used as a last resort. The full court pressure was about as physical as I ever remember an officiating crew allow. As far as giving the refs a hard time, there were many missed calls on both sides of the ball.

Congratulations Falcons on a Back to Back State Championship and going 3-0 against the teams from the west side.

Woulda coulda shoulda... You may have had the team with more individual talent, but you lost the game because you were out coached. With the pressure applied half way during the 4th quarter, it was obviously the coach's strategy to be used as a last resort. The full court pressure was about as physical as I ever remember an officiating crew allow. As far as giving the refs a hard time, there were many missed calls on both sides of the ball.

Congratulations Falcons on a Back to Back State Championship and going 3-0 against the teams from the west side.

LOL, I'm not even a BTW fan! I could've cared less who won it honestly. I just saw the kids foot half way over the line and he was still allowed the TO. He was clearly out of bounds and the refs missed that point blank. He was standing about 3 foot from where it happened.