BTW vs Fulton

adsmom86

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the 5 second call at the end, but the on the play before that, 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel.

I wonder. How did they win a state championship while only losing to 2 teams all year, when they are THAT horrible at handling the ball? There was a time when competition prevented teams like that from even being anywhere near a State Tournament. That was pitiful, seriously.

Seemed like both teams came out looking pretty below average. BTW only scores 8 points in the entire first half yet only trails by 13 because Fulton could only manage 21 points in the same span. BTW had more height, speed and individual talent. Play together and take reasonable shots(along with the pressure defense), and you run away with a title. For goodness sakes, those guys were HOOOOOOOORRIBLE at handling the ball. Some of yall try too hard at analyzing these games. The best "team" won. Look, it's this simple: 2 different players for Fulton got away with an obvious travel on the same possession. Then, the clock ran out on BTW. Before that, both teams looked like trash on offense. Fulton just got their nerves together much faster. FYI, BTW missed PLENTY lay-ups in the 1st quarter, and you could tell that they were obviously too hyped up when they were driving. Afterwards, they began to settle too much for ridiculous shots. Then Fulton couldn't get the ball past halfcourt. You people are talking some guys they have who are supposed to be going to college somewhere. Well, WHERE WERE THOSE GUYS WHEN IT CAME TIME TO DRIBBLE THE BALL? Do they not run press offense in practice? Run a man to the middle of the floor and beat the trap. It's easy.

ADSMOM,

I had this alittle wrong, it actually took place at about 45 secs. #34(or it might've been 24) picked up his dribble then shuffled his feet and kicked it to #10 who got it to Steele at about halfcourt. Steele then, instead of dribbling right across halfcourt to get his team out of trouble(which is what any guard being mentioned in the same breath as Joe Jackson should be able to do), picked up his dribble and slid. Neither travel was called. Not surprised though. After all, I remember that ridiculous charge foul that was called on Mitchell's Kenyan Torry last year when the Fulton player ran up under him on his lay-up attempt that fouled him out. You all know what's up. You can't handle the ball. Two D1 guards who can't break a press? Are you serious? Well, I guess that's what's going on in today's game

The best team won today..... Congratulations Fulton.... Excellent comeback & season BTW.

----------------------------------------------

Yes, BTWs shot-selection was absolutely horrible!

BTW digressed into its old, ineffective habits of 1-on-1 offensive play. They got completely away from the team-play that got them into the Championship game, in the first place.

BTW was doomed, as they never seem to bother running anything resembling an offense. They were very impatient, and settled for 3-pointers (Fool's Gold) and a variety of other perimeter shots. They kept shooting them (instead of attacking the basket), despite the obvious fact that those shots were not falling.

BTW promptly dug themselves a massive hole, out of which they could not fully recover.

Meanwhile, Fulton took full advantage of BTWs quick-fire, inept offense. Fulton remained patient and true to its offense and, as a result, got much better shots...... Later, once BTW made its run, Fulton was able to hit enough FTs during that stretch, to keep BTW at bay (albeit, just barely)!!

I agree with this post, BTW came out the box forcing turnovers yet missed easy layups early in the game and it went downhill from there. I saw Coach Horton take out McGaughey, Newby, Anthony, and Love for taking bad shots and not running any offense. In the Commercial Appeal today, Horton was quoted as saying he wanted to press early but you can not press if you are not making shots. BTW only had 4 field goals at the half. There are other factors when pressing early, 1st this was BTW third game in three days, so you have to watch for fatigue, especially with a team that is not use to playing on a college length court. 2nd With pressure comes a lot of fouls. I saw some questionable calls being called by the same ref, especially on two tie ups where he called fouls on BTW and some quick whistles for Steele down the stretch. Those two fouls on tie ups where costly down the stretch for BTW. Then there is the before mentioned lack of field goals by BTW keeping them from getting into the press. I will not take anything from Fulton because they did a better job of gathering themselves in this game and capitalizing on BTW mistakes and poor shooting. BTW put themselves in a heck of a whole but you have to admire a team that was down by 21 points in the forth quarter and only loose by 1 and got a shot off to win the game. I thought it should have been more time on the clock at the end, but hats off the Fulton, their experience of being there last year help them down the stretch and they deserved to be Champions.

ADSMOM,

I had this alittle wrong, it actually took place at about 45 secs. #34(or it might've been 24) picked up his dribble then shuffled his feet and kicked it to #10 who got it to Steele at about halfcourt. Steele then, instead of dribbling right across halfcourt to get his team out of trouble(which is what any guard being mentioned in the same breath as Joe Jackson should be able to do), picked up his dribble and slid. Neither travel was called. Not surprised though. After all, I remember that ridiculous charge foul that was called on Mitchell's Kenyan Torry last year when the Fulton player ran up under him on his lay-up attempt that fouled him out. You all know what's up. You can't handle the ball. Two D1 guards who can't break a press? Are you serious? Well, I guess that's what's going on in today's game

two d1 guards that cant handle the ball?! so ur saying that ONE call(that is questionable) lost BTW the game?! get outta here wit that nonsense!! wat about the aggressive fouling that BTW was doing at the end of the game when they were getting TOs instead of fouls called on them?? wat about the fact that they CANT SHOOT but insisted on trying to. BTW guards IMO where trying to match up to these guards who "cant break a press" ... BTW jus got out played n out coached!! the press jus caught them off guard b/c they hadnt done it all game (for some odd reason)...ANY team is gonna struggle wit a new press.. maybe its jus the fact that the east TN team in the 'ship had more d1 prospects than the west TN team is wat got the west TN fans all rowdied up.. i dnt know...... WAY TO GO FALCONS THO!! lol

two d1 guards that cant handle the ball?! so ur saying that ONE call(that is questionable) lost BTW the game?! get outta here wit that nonsense!! wat about the aggressive fouling that BTW was doing at the end of the game when they were getting TOs instead of fouls called on them?? wat about the fact that they CANT SHOOT but insisted on trying to. BTW guards IMO where trying to match up to these guards who "cant break a press" ... BTW jus got out played n out coached!! the press jus caught them off guard b/c they hadnt done it all game (for some odd reason)...ANY team is gonna struggle wit a new press.. maybe its jus the fact that the east TN team in the 'ship had more d1 prospects than the west TN team is wat got the west TN fans all rowdied up.. i dnt know...... WAY TO GO FALCONS THO!! lol

FYI BTW cranked up the defense. Fulton turned the ball over, but BTW was not fouling.

Ok I put it this way.. The BTW coach waited to late to let the dogs loose or turn up the heat. THat's what lost the game. Also, BTW's shot selection, yes that was bad, they looked like UT vs Kentucky jacking up all them 3's and the @@@@ was wide open.

But all we learnt 2 things from this..

1. Jody preaches Defense wins championship and that's what won it.

2. Jody showed his inability to teach how to break a press.( that's why AE beat them so much because of pressure)

Just keeping it real... NO HATING going on..

Ok I put it this way.. The BTW coach waited to late to let the dogs loose or turn up the heat. THat's what lost the game. Also, BTW's shot selection, yes that was bad, they looked like UT vs Kentucky jacking up all them 3's and the @@@@ was wide open.

But all we learnt 2 things from this..

1. Jody preaches Defense wins championship and that's what won it.

2. Jody showed his inability to teach how to break a press.( that's why AE beat them so much because of pressure)

Just keeping it real... NO HATING going on..

FYI BTW cranked up the defense. Fulton turned the ball over, but BTW was not fouling.

and FYI fulton hit shots n BTW didnt...oh n lets not mention defense b/c up til minutes into the 4th qtr fultons D was stunning! holding a team to 8pts in a half?! WOW!! oh n fulton also won the state championship AGAIN wit these d1 guards who "cant break a press" lol... oh and one of these d1 guards who "cant break a press" won MVP as well.......