Warren County Basketball

warrencounty

I have been involved with Warren County Basketball for 20 plus years. I have read most of the post on CoachT and I have listened to people around the county. The problem in this county is not all Coach Eades. The problem starts way before Coach Eades gets these girls. There is absolutely zero basketball fundaments coached in the elementary schools. It makes me sick to go watch an elementary basketball game. You will see girls shooting two handed with zero fundamentals. When a person goes to the elementary basketball tournament and if you add the final score up for both teams and it doesn't equal 30 that's the start of our high school programs problem. Warren County will never be able to compete in high school basketball until we get one of two things. The first would be get coaches in the county schools to coach fundamentals. Which this will never happen. The last fundamental basketball coach in a county school was Coach Eades at Morrison. The best thing for Warren County would be all 6-8 graders to attend a middle school. Which would mean another middle school built in the county. We need to step back and look were the problems are in this county. If you look at White County, Coffee County, Putnam County, and Rutherford County just to name a few they all have all 6-8 graders in Middle Schools. You have to put the top players from each community on the team together in 6th grade and let them play together from 6th grade through high school. They need to play together each grade. You don't need to move up a player and let them waste away on the bench all season. Which this happens in our county also. Which this is another big problem that I'm not even going to address.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said. Having all the best in the county from 6th-8th would help tremendously for the girls AND boys program! My kids are through the system now ,so no pressure here or dog in the race. Just a former player and supporter of Lady Pioneers past chiming in. I also remember Lisa Paz having good battles with Eades in elementary action, what is she doing now?; she could help too, even asking Coach Haile for some input might help also. Whenever I went to games there was always one or two girls on the bench that should have been playing freshman ball getting some playing time instead of a minute here or a minute there. Part of her M.O. I guess. Anyways, all that is in the past now, whoever gets the job good luck, I just wondered if Coach Eades ever visited elementary schools or talk to coaches about what they could do to help? Did she really try? Just wondering? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

p.s. I guess its time for Pat Summitt to go too, she lost tonight, wished those high school coaches had worked harder teaching them (tongue in cheek)

WC, your thoughts are some which have circulated thru this site for now almost 3-4 years and not to say they are the only way,but they are obviously good and likely have some merit in quite a few quarters except for one thing which no one on here can do, and thats write a check for doing it just for Girls Basketball. Now, take this site out of this and put on paper how what you just explained will help the School system every other way and also as a by product the sports program and take it to the voters and you may have something that will fly. Maybe there is room to do all of that now but this site will not sell it nor will the owner of this site allow it to become a political sounding board for this site, I would suspect. Maybe no one could get support for doing things you think might need done. This has nothing to do with hiring a coach. But your newspaper might sponser a forum on ideas that effect the County and good things might come out of it. As has been discovered, just posting these things on here will not get the job done nor,I believe, does Coacht want to tie up his web site on local political matters. He certainly wouldn't do that for matters around Lawrenceburg I am sure.

And lastly, and I know you know this, the reason the MSchools are spread out some in your county is a legitimate feeling by constituants that if they lose their school, they lose an identity in the County and they don't want to do that. Girls basketball is a small matter compared to possible gains other wise. Patience in selling the facts will be the key. Good Luck and I'm signing off and out.

Ok i'll ask again has anyone applied?

Inquired?

I'm sure a lot of dreamers in the county have applied but there is a search firm in place contacting coaches in several states that have a proven record and ability to win. Also someone who doesn't have to play by the politics of the past.

Seems like things are moving. A search committee looking for a proven record is great but a person who knows and has helped build a programi also greati along with being accessable to the citizens and young people of the whole area. Tall order? Not for the people of Warren County. They deserve the best that can be had. They had it at one time, got sidelined by economic events plus other things and now are determined to build. Great leadership exhibited? Know what they want? It's obvious with an exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been involved with Warren County Basketball for 20 plus years. I have read most of the post on CoachT and I have listened to people around the county. The problem in this county is not all Coach Eades. The problem starts way before Coach Eades gets these girls. There is absolutely zero basketball fundaments coached in the elementary schools. It makes me sick to go watch an elementary basketball game. You will see girls shooting two handed with zero fundamentals. When a person goes to the elementary basketball tournament and if you add the final score up for both teams and it doesn't equal 30 that's the start of our high school programs problem. Warren County will never be able to compete in high school basketball until we get one of two things. The first would be get coaches in the county schools to coach fundamentals. Which this will never happen. The last fundamental basketball coach in a county school was Coach Eades at Morrison. The best thing for Warren County would be all 6-8 graders to attend a middle school. Which would mean another middle school built in the county. We need to step back and look were the problems are in this county. If you look at White County, Coffee County, Putnam County, and Rutherford County just to name a few they all have all 6-8 graders in Middle Schools. You have to put the top players from each community on the team together in 6th grade and let them play together from 6th grade through high school. They need to play together each grade. You don't need to move up a player and let them waste away on the bench all season. Which this happens in our county also. Which this is another big problem that I'm not even going to address.

I thought our schools were built in order to teach all students, you know the thousands of them that the county system is responsible for, not just the dozen or so that play a sport.

We won girls state once, remember? We had coaches in the 9th grade who coached 'fundamentals'. Not 9th graders standing on the sideline watching varsity practice.

Baseball won state too!

Football has been a lot better lately--playoffs what 3 years now? Are we going to give the elementary system credit for that since you're giving them the blame for girls' basketball?

To me, a lot of 'your' words sound an awful lot like the now-former coach's words spoken in the halls of the high school. You seem pretty close.

To answer another reply, no she did not work with the elemetaries or even offer to. Ryan did, which makes his firing so appalling. Her only attempt at a feeder system was the placement of her booster club president at the ms, where they still failed to identify athletes. Who you're parents were meant more.

No dog in the hunt. No axe to grind. Just a taxpayer wanting our schools to do what schools are meant to do.