Warren County Basketball

warrencounty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it is all the elementry coaches fault, i think they have some fault but it mainly needs to fall on Coach Eades.

WH88, the blame game is over with. No names, no finger pointing. Where does it go now? There are evidently coaches available. Have asst coaches been asked to set up summer program for players until head coaches are hired? The programs need to be continued on if hiring is going to be long. If nothing else, parents will help I'm sure.

WH88, the blame game is over with. No names, no finger pointing. Where does it go now? There are evidently coaches available. Have asst coaches been asked to set up summer program for players until head coaches are hired? The programs need to be continued on if hiring is going to be long. If nothing else, parents will help I'm sure.

I will agree with you that the blame game should be over and it's time to move on, but the Standard makes it pretty clear that the parents and players are to blame for not supporting the coaches. Especially with the "Now What" article. But, I would like to say that I think our Sports Editor does a great job with covering all the sports by himself. I cannot see, however, that anyone could be wrong in wanting a change for the program. And believe it or not, it's not all about the win- loss record. It's more about whether the students respect them as coaches and will play for them. Back a few years ago, students would be proud to represent their school by being part of the school team, but that's not always the case anymore. Now, you have to have a coach that the students will play for or they just won't put out the effort to play when they can have fun and play jaycees league ball. It was time for a change and I would love to see WC basketball build the program back up to where it should be. Go Pioneers!!!

I will agree with you that the blame game should be over and it's time to move on, but the Standard makes it pretty clear that the parents and players are to blame for not supporting the coaches. Especially with the "Now What" article. But, I would like to say that I think our Sports Editor does a great job with covering all the sports by himself. I cannot see, however, that anyone could be wrong in wanting a change for the program. And believe it or not, it's not all about the win- loss record. It's more about whether the students respect them as coaches and will play for them. Back a few years ago, students would be proud to represent their school by being part of the school team, but that's not always the case anymore. Now, you have to have a coach that the students will play for or they just won't put out the effort to play when they can have fun and play jaycees league ball. It was time for a change and I would love to see WC basketball build the program back up to where it should be. Go Pioneers!!!

Good post. Sometimes the first six words of your last sentence may say it all.

Did coach show up or the assistants hand out awards?

The freshmen girls coach had to run the show on the Lady Pioneers side. I don't know why Coach Eades wasn't there. Coach Ryan Smth and his brother Alan took care of the boys side and I thought they gained alot of respect for finishing the year with positive comments and wishing the players well. It was not just words, these guys are sincere in what they do and say and I respect that. The best of luck to them in the future!

Very classy. I hope this shows everyone in Warren Co. and all surrounding counties what kind of coach and person she was!!! She really had the girls' best interest, didn't she? Not showing up! Thank you Coach Tinsley for being a bigger person!

After all the abuse she has gotten (deserved or not), you can't expect her to show up and take more.