Shortstop at Ripley

Brooke Thomas Deidra Jordon Huntingdon

ELlen Renfro Trinity

Shortstop Southside

Shortstop Northside

Holly Taylor offensively Fayette Academy

SHelise Arnold Lexington

Alex Milan

This is a pretty good list from the Jackson Sun, we've seen all of these players helping to take their teams places over the years in HS, Middle school & travel ball.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

All-Tournament Team

TCA - Haley Elliott, Natalie Nelson, Summer Cross; Huntingdon - Brooke Thomas, Deidra Jordan, Hailey Sullivan, Winter Santiago; McNairy Central - Kassidy Mosier, Caroline George; Covington - Autumn Glenn, Sarah Cousar.

Defensive Player

Ellen Renfroe, TCA

Most Valuable Player

Ivy Renfroe, TCA

Shortstop at Ripley

Brooke Thomas Deidra Jordon Huntingdon

ELlen Renfro Trinity

Shortstop Southside

Shortstop Northside

Holly Taylor offensively Fayette Academy

SHelise Arnold Lexington

Alex Milan

Good list. What is ripley SS Name, South Side SS is Kohnley Wade, NS I think your talking about kristen Rast.

Good list. What is ripley SS Name, South Side SS is Kohnley Wade, NS I think your talking about kristen Rast.

The girl who plays shortstop at Ripley is Mercedes Norfolk. She is an awesome player! Her older

brother, Khayyan, is playing baseball his second year at Jackson State Community College and has signed to play

for the VOLS next year. Both are excellent players!!

The girl who plays shortstop at Ripley is Mercedes Norfolk. She is an awesome player! Her older

brother, Khayyan, is playing baseball his second year at Jackson State Community College and has signed to play

for the VOLS next year. Both are excellent players!!

Westview has two great pitchers....and sam giesler(sp)is a great player

yEAH THE all tournament team were just the last ones in it.....the shortstop in Ripley and I didnt know her name was the best I have ever seen....WOW just a few games but she is awesome. the Northside girl is a ball player too. WHen you lose and someone notices you that is something......not that Ripley and Northdise are losers but we all hear the all state girls all the time.....I was way impressed!

The Jackson Sun just listed the girls at SBW tourney.....and not the ones who left early.......I Milan, Westview, Dyerdburg and Dyer COunty are full of talent but I have not seen them play. Haywood Trista Rivers and Leah Taylor and Chelsey Shaw, Middleton Kalylee Thaxton, and Adamsville pitcher Dont know her name

• 1 month later...

Brittny Johnson- Jackson Christian- Jr. - Hitting .364 this yr with 25 for 25 steals and 6 outfield assists.

[/quo

Westview has a team full of them

Jenna Hazelwood - Best 2B in West Tennessee, no one can ever compare to her defense, hits from both sides of the plate

Shanna Chappell - Without the speed of a Brooke Thomas or Ivy Renfroe and still consistent over the last 3 years

Shaylon Robb - Sub .5 ERA and hits over .330 with some pop in the bat

Kelly Gaston - OF - Bunts better than anyone else I know of and continues to beat people with it and has been consistent at the top of Westview's lineup

Sam Giesler - Great overall player and could play almost any position and when it's a big game she takes care of business defensively and offensively

Ashley Bynum - 1B - over .400BA and performs day in and day out

Time to start giving this group more credit. Potentially 3 years in a row at the state, there has to be something to it. All of these other kids are worthy of the praise but it's time to start mentioning these kids as well. Someone prove otherwise.

Anyone who doesn't think Westview has some great players is just fooling themselves. They have an excellent team and two very good pitchers. Here is a list of some in rural West Tenn that I think are pretty talented:

Bolivar- Keaton Kirk

Camden- Amanda Brandenburg, Morgan Fowler

Chester Co.- Katie Hall, Courtney Warren

Crockett Co.- Brooke Privett

Covington- Sarah Cousar, CJ Browder, Autumn Glenn

Dyer Co.- Paige French

Huntingdon- Brooke Thomas, Deidra Jordan

JCS- Brittny Johnson, Lauren Allen

Lexington- Shalese Arnold, Alex Weatherly, Niya Sparks

McNairy- Caroline George

Milan- Alex Williams, Ashley Fuller

Ripley- Mercedes Norfolk

South Side- Kohnley Wade

South Fulton- Marina Barclay, Hailey McKinney

USJ- Katie Beth Fesmire, Lauren Riddel

Wesview- Shaylon Robb, Shanna Chappell, Sam Geisler

Disclaimer: I left Trinity's players off cause I know some of them and their parents. Also, this post wasn't intended as a slight to any of these girls' teammates. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />