Official Dekalb Co. 09 football schedule

TigerPride23

They better be able to cover receivers and put pressure on an elusive quarterback.........I saw the film of the game between DeKalb Co.-Greenbrier last year and I was very impressed with Hunter Poteete.

Part of Article on Hunter Poteete in Smithville Review Newspaper

DCHS Senior Quarterback Hunter Poteete has a lot to smile about in 2009 - and beyond.

Not only will he be the starting QB for the Tigers on offense, as well as playing safety on defense, but he will also be getting a lot of attention from colleges across the east.

Poteete has received interest from at least two colleges, including a hand-written letter of interest from Ivy League powerhouse, Princeton University, in New Jersey.

The Review contacted the athletic department of Princeton University about the letter, and while confirming they were interested in Poteete, they added that they could not comment on their recruiting efforts at this time. A staff member of the department told the Review there would be more information forthcoming as the 2009-10 school year draws near.

Hunter, for his part, says he is committed to studying to be a medical doctor in college. Poteete told the Review he wants to return to Smithville someday as a physician.

"I want to help people and give back to the community I love. Medicine is part of the dream I have to be able to help those that need it. I couldn't think of anywhere better to do it than here at home. I'm going to focus on this year, get through it, and then get on to school so I can make this happen. I have a feeling it's going to be a good year for us." said Poteete.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some may know, but here it is.

April 27 - Spring practice begins.

August 14 - Jamboree

Agust 21 - Warren Co. (away)

August 28 - Oneida (home)

September 4 - Cannon Co. (home)

September 11 - White Co. (homecoming)

September 18 - Smith Co. (away)

September 25 - Hixson (away)

October 2 - York (away)

October 9 - Macon (away)

October 16 - Upperman (home)

October 23 - Bye week

October 30 - Livingston (home)

School Board Approves Construction of New DCHS Football Field House

The DeKalb County Board of Education Thursday night granted approval for the construction of a new field house for the high school football program.

Plans are to break ground in late fall or early winter on the new field house, which will be built with high school football and Jr. Pro funds.

The board gave approval for the construction with some conditions. Darrell Gill of the Junior Pro Program said all those conditions will be met."One of the issues was moving the scoreboard. We will definitely move the scoreboard to the other end of the field where we feel like is best suited."

The agreed upon start date? There's a lot of red tape. After you talk to the fire marshal, you talk to our local inspector, and he's been great to work with but there's things we've got to do locally. Mr. Hart has been speaking with the State Fire Marshal's Office, the architects, and stuff like that, so the time frame is going to be probably six to eight weeks out before all the red tape is taken care of, all the permits, and everything we need to even start breaking ground."

If it is approved tonight, our agreed upon start date would be a date in December, I hope, which would be our last football game because I plan on winning the state championship this year. No pressure! We need to focus on the football team instead of building this project right in the middle of the season. By the time we got our permits pulled, they'd be starting fall practice by the time we'd be breaking ground. Then we would have a construction site with thousands of people out there on Friday nights. That's not a good situation. So it would seem to be the best of everybody's interest if we postpone the breaking ground date until the end of the season. By October 1st, we should have all the permits pulled, we'll have the architect to sign off (on the project). We hope we could be in the building by spring practice, but we're planning for June 1st, to give us some cushion."

The new fieldhouse, a 50 x 70 foot block exterior structure with a metal roof, would be located near the existing facility between the practice field and playing field. It would be for the Tiger football program complete with a dressing room area, locker room, training room, utility room, showers and bathrooms, an office for the coach, and two dry storage areas, one of which would be for the youth football league.

School Board Approves Construction of New DCHS Football Field House

The DeKalb County Board of Education Thursday night granted approval for the construction of a new field house for the high school football program.

Plans are to break ground in late fall or early winter on the new field house, which will be built with high school football and Jr. Pro funds.

The board gave approval for the construction with some conditions. Darrell Gill of the Junior Pro Program said all those conditions will be met."One of the issues was moving the scoreboard. We will definitely move the scoreboard to the other end of the field where we feel like is best suited."

The agreed upon start date? There's a lot of red tape. After you talk to the fire marshal, you talk to our local inspector, and he's been great to work with but there's things we've got to do locally. Mr. Hart has been speaking with the State Fire Marshal's Office, the architects, and stuff like that, so the time frame is going to be probably six to eight weeks out before all the red tape is taken care of, all the permits, and everything we need to even start breaking ground."

If it is approved tonight, our agreed upon start date would be a date in December, I hope, which would be our last football game because I plan on winning the state championship this year. No pressure! We need to focus on the football team instead of building this project right in the middle of the season. By the time we got our permits pulled, they'd be starting fall practice by the time we'd be breaking ground. Then we would have a construction site with thousands of people out there on Friday nights. That's not a good situation. So it would seem to be the best of everybody's interest if we postpone the breaking ground date until the end of the season. By October 1st, we should have all the permits pulled, we'll have the architect to sign off (on the project). We hope we could be in the building by spring practice, but we're planning for June 1st, to give us some cushion."

The new fieldhouse, a 50 x 70 foot block exterior structure with a metal roof, would be located near the existing facility between the practice field and playing field. It would be for the Tiger football program complete with a dressing room area, locker room, training room, utility room, showers and bathrooms, an office for the coach, and two dry storage areas, one of which would be for the youth football league.

It looks like DC finally realize they play football there. You folks deserve these improvements.

I am glad that we are back playing each other. Your quaterback and receiver must be good players. You guys had a good team last year and return some proven talent. You will be hard to beat.

I know there are several teams on this years schedule that we have not played in a while. Here are just a couple of this years returning players and coaches and their achievements from last year.

**Hunter Poteete ranked in the top ten in the state in passing yards, with 1,646 yards on 206 attempts. He completed 114 passes for an average of 14.4 yards per completion, with a 55.3 completion percentage. Overall, he ranked second among quarterbacks in Region 4-3A. Poteete accounted for 2,066 of the Tigers' 3,022 total offensive yards, this past season.

Poteete was a Region 3A Mr. Football finalist. He was also Region 4-3A MVP, Upper Cumberland Playmaker of the Year. He won two All-State awards, one of them was the Tennessee Sports Writers Association and the other was the Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association award."

**Abram Edwards was the Region 4-3A receiver of the year. He also received the Upper Cumberland receiver of the year award and he also made the All-State Tennessee Sportswriters Association."

**Coach (Steve) Trapp received the Region 4-3A Coach of the Year award and he also got Upper Cumberland Coach of the Year. Congratulations to all of them."

Results from 2008

DCHS 42 Warren Co. 25

DCHS 31 Watertown 14

DCHS 46 Greenbrier 27

DCHS 27 Station Camp 51

DCHS 63 Cannon Co. 20

DCHS 28 Pearl Cohn 6

DCHS 40 Upperman 37

DCHS 35 White House 49

DCHS 20 Sycamore 6

DCHS 35 Macon Co. 7

DCHS 28 McMinn Central 14

DCHS 20

I know there are several teams on this years schedule that we have not played in a while. Here are just a couple of this years returning players and coaches and their achievements from last year.

**Hunter Poteete ranked in the top ten in the state in passing yards, with 1,646 yards on 206 attempts. He completed 114 passes for an average of 14.4 yards per completion, with a 55.3 completion percentage. Overall, he ranked second among quarterbacks in Region 4-3A. Poteete accounted for 2,066 of the Tigers' 3,022 total offensive yards, this past season.

Poteete was a Region 3A Mr. Football finalist. He was also Region 4-3A MVP, Upper Cumberland Playmaker of the Year. He won two All-State awards, one of them was the Tennessee Sports Writers Association and the other was the Tennessee Athletic Coaches Association award."

**Abram Edwards was the Region 4-3A receiver of the year. He also received the Upper Cumberland receiver of the year award and he also made the All-State Tennessee Sportswriters Association."

**Coach (Steve) Trapp received the Region 4-3A Coach of the Year award and he also got Upper Cumberland Coach of the Year. Congratulations to all of them."

Results from 2008

DCHS 42 Warren Co. 25

DCHS 31 Watertown 14

DCHS 46 Greenbrier 27

DCHS 27 Station Camp 51

DCHS 63 Cannon Co. 20

DCHS 28 Pearl Cohn 6

DCHS 40 Upperman 37

DCHS 35 White House 49

DCHS 20 Sycamore 6

DCHS 35 Macon Co. 7

DCHS 28 McMinn Central 14

DCHS 20

I posted this earlier then realized i had made a mistake. Poteete's stats listed above are from his sophmore year '07'. Not last year '08'. I copy and pasted the wrong year. His awards and everything else is correct for last year. Anyway looking forward to another successful season of DCHS Tiger Football

Fields set for Vandy, Tech, APSU passing camps

TENNESSEAN STAFF REPORTS ??? July 16, 2009

The field for Vanderbilt's 7-on-7 passing camp Friday and Saturday will have 30 teams, including defending champion David Lipscomb and runnerup MBA.

Advertisement

Teams will have nine games in pool play. Sessions begin at 1:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Friday and 8:30 a.m. Saturday. The teams will be re-seeded for the tournament starting at 1 p.m. Saturday.

All games are at Vanderbilt's practice field. Schedules will be available.

The area teams entered are: Brentwood Academy, Clarksville, Cookeville, David Lipscomb, DeKalb County, Franklin County, Franklin, Gallatin, Hillsboro, Independence, LaVergne, MBA, Pearl-Cohn, Pope John Paul II, Ravenwood, Riverdale and Stratford.

Meanwhile, Tennessee Tech announced the teams for its camp on Friday.

The teams are: Antioch, Clay Co., Cookeville, Greenbrier, Ezell-Harding, Jackson Co., Livingston Academy, Monterey, Nashville Christian, Northeast, Science Hill, South Greene, Upperman and York.

Each team will play six games.

Austin Peay has a camp on Saturday. Teams are Brainerd, Cane Ridge, Clarksville B, Clarksville Academy, Creek Wood, East Robertson, Fairview, Father Ryan, Kingsbury, McKenzie, Northeast, Northwest, Rossview, Springfield, Stewart Co., Wayne Co. and West Creek.

College Recruiting Websites - Profiles of DCHS Players

Hunter Poteete

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=4207396 Scout.com Profile Page

http://northcarolina.Unapproved Website/viewprospe...sp?pr_key=94539 Unapproved Website Profile Page

Abram Edwards

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p...amp;nid=4207399 Scout.com Profile Page

DeKalb County High School Football Website

http://www.dekalbcountyfootball.com/

Dang D1T, R U the official media officer for DCHS? Just messin' around. Seriously though I was curious about DC's offense. Now I'm not expecting a copy of the play book but since we will see each other for the first time (probably ever) I was kinda curious what to expect. From earlier post looks like y'all are fond of the arieal attack. Like I said not looking for great detail, but I'll take it if your offering.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at some basic D info either.

Dang D1T, R U the official media officer for DCHS? Just messin' around. Seriously though I was curious about DC's offense. Now I'm not expecting a copy of the play book but since we will see each other for the first time (probably ever) I was kinda curious what to expect. From earlier post looks like y'all are fond of the arieal attack. Like I said not looking for great detail, but I'll take it if your offering.

Wouldn't turn my nose up at some basic D info either.

Not the official media officer but working on it. The answer is yes very fond of the aerial attack. When you have 320 pass attempts and 37 passing touchdowns last year I would say that would qualify you as a passing team. And we return our quarterback (Hunter Poteete) and his top two targets (Abram Edwards, Travon Johnson).

Our offense is pretty much Poteete throws deep, Poteete throws short, Poteete throws on the run, and if all else fails Poteete tucks the ball and creates with his feet. Very elusive.

I will be honest we lost alot, i mean alot, off our line. Hopefully we will have some guys step up and fill those roles.

Guest Termite

Not the official media officer but working on it. The answer is yes very fond of the aerial attack. When you have 320 pass attempts and 37 passing touchdowns last year I would say that would qualify you as a passing team. And we return our quarterback (Hunter Poteete) and his top two targets (Abram Edwards, Travon Johnson).

Our offense is pretty much Poteete throws deep, Poteete throws short, Poteete throws on the run, and if all else fails Poteete tucks the ball and creates with his feet. Very elusive.

I will be honest we lost alot, i mean alot, off our line. Hopefully we will have some guys step up and fill those roles.

D1 are you Poteete?? His best friend, trying to be his best friend, agent, dad, coattail rider. What's the deal??

Good gosh son......you've cover everthing Poteete has done....except the time he walked on water.