Coffee Co. wins BIG

chs4life

I have a good feeling that it is going to happen this year. I have been watching CC a few years and this could be one of the best teams they have had. I dont see anybody coming close this year, all they will do is get better. I am not saying they will go un-defeated, i am just saying that nobody in our district will come close.

Ya'll said the same thing last year and then Soddy Daisy came over there and put out the lights.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach JV, I wasn't saying anything bad about about the Coffee co. program. Seems like most just think that for some one to create a thread on this forum Bragging about beating a team 19-0 is tacky. You can pull up any catchy quote you like but bragging is bragging. I think every team has a right to brag about a big win but this was not a big win. Yes it may have been a district game but was by no means in any way a game that there could have been ? about.

Like I said in my previous post a "BIG" win is beating a team that is a competitive team one that might challenge you in the district or maybe an out of district power house,this game was neither. This game was a 2 1/2 inning slaughter that was described on Coach T as a & I quote "Coffee Co. wins Big" . Every win is good thats why teams play & as mrnoitall says we have winners & losers & every wants to win But my guess is that when coach Floyd's team finished that game he didn't walk of the feild thinking -my goodness that was a big win or did he think that anyone would post it on coach T as such. Maybe I'm wrong. I also don't think that the person who posted it meant it as it comes across when read.

As for my comments on atheletes, your right that is laughable & not what I was saying but the best atheletes in school don't always play my favorite sport.(softball) I see kids at our school & other schools that make me say-if I'd only had that kid playing softball for the 5 years what kind of player they would be. You are right Softball is a sport that takes alot of hard work to be really good at & Coffee Co. kids should bragged on for their hard work & success that they will acheive from it as well as at many other schools across this state. Good Luck to Coffee Co.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well said T...it's hard to come across on here for me in the proper way. It takes a long time to type this stuff one finger at a time....lol. I think we could discuss whether some should have said CC gets BIG win or if CC wins BIG.

To me they mean different things. That having been said I think Coach Floyd would have far rather played a 1-0 game than what we did. I personally would rather play and lose a 1-0 than win 19-0 this time of year. You learn more from it. No one wants this district to have weak teams in it. None of the other teams benefits from it.

Wilson....some were saying that. Some were saying that WMD's were in Iraq too....but the facts are we did not score a run on Soddy and they have their same pitcher back. It's hard to win when you don't score. Until we beat them I don't figure we can bragg much....although I would say that scoring as many points as we have lately would point to what was worked on in the off season.

Well said T...it's hard to come across on here for me in the proper way. It takes a long time to type this stuff one finger at a time....lol. I think we could discuss whether some should have said CC gets BIG win or if CC wins BIG.

To me they mean different things. That having been said I think Coach Floyd would have far rather played a 1-0 game than what we did. I personally would rather play and lose a 1-0 than win 19-0 this time of year. You learn more from it. No one wants this district to have weak teams in it. None of the other teams benefits from it.

Wilson....some were saying that. Some were saying that WMD's were in Iraq too....but the facts are we did not score a run on Soddy and they have their same pitcher back. It's hard to win when you don't score. Until we beat them I don't figure we can bragg much....although I would say that scoring as many points as we have lately would point to what was worked on in the off season.

Your scoring alot of runs against a bunch of chumps.

Hope you don't regret posting this down the road. You beat somebody 19-0 in 2 1/2 innings? Come on! If your coach knows you posted this, he should tell you to shut up and just play. What goes comes around goes around, indeed!

According to y'alls basketball schedule, FC beat y'all pretty good...3x. I'm tryin' to find a post where they said, "FC wins BIG; thumps CC by 40...with subs on the floor!"

Coach JV, I wasn't saying anything bad about about the Coffee co. program. Seems like most just think that for some one to create a thread on this forum Bragging about beating a team 19-0 is tacky. You can pull up any catchy quote you like but bragging is bragging. I think every team has a right to brag about a big win but this was not a big win. Yes it may have been a district game but was by no means in any way a game that there could have been ? about.

Like I said in my previous post a "BIG" win is beating a team that is a competitive team one that might challenge you in the district or maybe an out of district power house,this game was neither. This game was a 2 1/2 inning slaughter that was described on Coach T as a & I quote "Coffee Co. wins Big" . Every win is good thats why teams play & as mrnoitall says we have winners & losers & every wants to win But my guess is that when coach Floyd's team finished that game he didn't walk of the feild thinking -my goodness that was a big win or did he think that anyone would post it on coach T as such. Maybe I'm wrong. I also don't think that the person who posted it meant it as it comes across when read.

As for my comments on atheletes, your right that is laughable & not what I was saying but the best atheletes in school don't always play my favorite sport.(softball) I see kids at our school & other schools that make me say-if I'd only had that kid playing softball for the 5 years what kind of player they would be. You are right Softball is a sport that takes alot of hard work to be really good at & Coffee Co. kids should bragged on for their hard work & success that they will acheive from it as well as at many other schools across this state. Good Luck to Coffee Co.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Now you are talking to the person who started this. I said wins big and if I'm not mistaken 19-0 is big. I did not cut down Franklin Co. I only stated facts. Remember I said wins big, I did not say big win. I'm proud of these girls and will brag when I want to and anytime I want to. You took what I said out of context and you can do that but I stated facts. I meant what I said Coffee Co. won big, that's a big score. I think you are the one that hurt the players of Franklin Co. by using the words slaughter and chumps. Engage brain before using mouth or in this case keyboard.

I agree, It was no big deal when "The Radio Guy" got on here and bragged on his team for beating Blackman. Big game, region rival, I understand. A little tacky to brag about beating a team that has finished bottom of the district the last couple of years. I did't see Ootahwah getting on here and bragging every week last year when they beat up on teams. What comes around goes around.

The "Radio Guy" is bragging, sorry for being a fan. I'll try and be like you big joe and never brag about my team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hope you don't regret posting this down the road. You beat somebody 19-0 in 2 1/2 innings? Come on! If your coach knows you posted this, he should tell you to shut up and just play. What goes comes around goes around, indeed!

According to y'alls basketball schedule, FC beat y'all pretty good...3x. I'm tryin' to find a post where they said, "FC wins BIG; thumps CC by 40...with subs on the floor!"

Did not say thumps.. You are right they did beat us bad in basketball, now does that make you feel better. If Soddy or anyone else wants to brag about their team go ahead. I think you should.

Coach Floyd runs a good program.

I talked with one of the players this afternoon and she certainly wasn't bragging on the win. She was very humble about the whole thing and told me that the coach was concerned for the other team the whole game. I was told that some of the JV did go in to bat for the varsity (I think I understood that correctly). I felt a lot better about the whole thing after I talked to her. It sounds to me like the coach did the best job he could do in this situation. I think the CC team and parents are just excited because they are off to a good start. I really don't think anyone is bragging, I think it is just the love of the game and their team and the fact that their hard work is paying off. I hope they continue to do well.

I talked with one of the players this afternoon and she certainly wasn't bragging on the win. She was very humble about the whole thing and told me that the coach was concerned for the other team the whole game. I was told that some of the JV did go in to bat for the varsity (I think I understood that correctly). I felt a lot better about the whole thing after I talked to her. It sounds to me like the coach did the best job he could do in this situation. I think the CC team and parents are just excited because they are off to a good start. I really don't think anyone is bragging, I think it is just the love of the game and their team and the fact that their hard work is paying off. I hope they continue to do well.

Thank you

The "Radio Guy" is bragging, sorry for being a fan. I'll try and be like you big joe and never brag about my team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think it's nice that Coffee had such a great Fan like you Lucky!! You're a very special person to them. It's wonderful that you are on here bragging that your team won by 19. I didn't see the post bragging how you lost by two to Lincoln Co or the post how you were shut out last year by Soddy but I'm sure you didn't leave those games out on purpose. If you feel that you need to brag, then Brag! If you want to be tacky, then be Tacky! It's an open forum. You can sit in your little box and make fun of who ever you want. It's just things like that, that come back to bite you later on. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Now you are talking to the person who started this. I said wins big and if I'm not mistaken 19-0 is big. I did not cut down Franklin Co. I only stated facts. Remember I said wins big, I did not say big win. I'm proud of these girls and will brag when I want to and anytime I want to. You took what I said out of context and you can do that but I stated facts. I meant what I said Coffee Co. won big, that's a big score. I think you are the one that hurt the players of Franklin Co. by using the words slaughter and chumps. Engage brain before using mouth or in this case keyboard.

Either way you say it doesn't matter. Posting it on here makes it bragging & once again I say it's tacky to brag about a 19-0 win in 2.5 innings. Like earlier posted don't believe you put much thought into the way you worded the "news" you were "reporting" But you can try & spin it any way you want but you sound more like some guy about 9 1/2 years ago that wanted the definition of the word "is" explained to him.

Like your hero says "You got to beat the man to be the man" Well they didn't beat da man! when they do I hope to hear about it on coach T !

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />