Oakland @ Lincoln County

jabbo

i dont think anyone can blame this problem entirely on the coaching staff. although i do believe their is some room for improvement, your players have to want to work their hardest to further their team. there are some kids on this team who do try to play that way. and jabbo..... im curious do you have a kid on the falcon team? im guessing not. but those of us who do, cant wait till next season, some of these kids actually have enough talent to take it to the next level. we could all turn a blind eye i guess but, when your kids future is at stake i dont hardly see how you can do that.

No, I don't have a kid on the team, but my kids have played other sports and I've seen first hand what happens when disgruntled parents or fans undermine the coaches. It typically happens when some parent thinks little Johnny isn't playing enough, so rather than tell little Johnny he needs to kick it up a notch (or maybe even let him know that sometimes folks don't recognize your talent and unfairness results - this is a lesson that will help him out for the rest of his life), the parent undermines the coach (and the rest of the team) by badmouthing him to his kid and his kid's teammates.

It's nothing more than selfishness masquerading as righteousness.

Hey Jabbo, my "little" Johnny as u put it, not playing enough is not the problem, playing too much is. mainly because, there are other kids on the team who arent doing THEIR jobs and my kid has to play their spot and his too. My "little" Johnny has already had several different big schools looking at him, so its not about having fun for him. this is business. its about people on the team doing their job, so he can do his job. all this crap about having "fun", give me a break, do u not know where u live? this is lincon county tn. if u want to have fun playing a sport, go back to middle school, or maybe go play soccer. im all for the guys being together on stuff, and having a good time, but when its time to get out on that field, its business, especially for some of these boys, whos future is on the line, and who depend on the rest of thier team acting as a team. no one, is a bigger falcon fan than i am. and i will continue to support the team and coaches, however, on the other hand, the TEAM aint going to be there, when these kids graduate.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach T is not different than most other coaches (other than he played for the Bear). He wins big when he has talent. Wins a few less when he has a little less talent. Loses when he doesnt have talent. The past few seasons are a reflection of the talent available, not of his coaching. You folks should be ashamed and embarrassed. You bred your kids. He didnt. He still has what it takes to win, except the talent. Thats poor breeding, not coaching. Get over it. Its not peewee football where everyone gets to play. He's putting his best 11 on the field in hopes of winning. Thats not politics, thats football.

Grow up LC. You used to be respected. Coach T still is. This crap you are posting here is showing why you are not.

Fly Falcon Mom you have got to be joking with all this stuff about your son working so hard. :thumb: I saw your son at practice and he was standing back behind everybody. Your son chose not to play this year so why don't you keep your mouth shut. And since you son is not playing that makes him a quitter and not a leader?

Since several boys quit this year, you have no idea who I am talking about. Those were things that was told to him by Coach. My son was always a hard player and always pushed himself. He was harder on himself than the coaches were. I guess that is why another school system said they would play him as a starter. However, he loves his high school and elected to stay where he is at, working towards his college next year. He isn't the only one left out to dry either when it comes time to play. Why do you think we have no experience? Because the kids don't try? No, because they aren't allowed to play unless 1 of 2 things happen. 1. You have the right last name and 2. are an upperclassman.

Coach T is not different than most other coaches (other than he played for the Bear). He wins big when he has talent. Wins a few less when he has a little less talent. Loses when he doesnt have talent. The past few seasons are a reflection of the talent available, not of his coaching. You folks should be ashamed and embarrassed. You bred your kids. He didnt. He still has what it takes to win, except the talent. Thats poor breeding, not coaching. Get over it. Its not peewee football where everyone gets to play. He's putting his best 11 on the field in hopes of winning. Thats not politics, thats football.

Grow up LC. You used to be respected. Coach T still is. This crap you are posting here is showing why you are not.

Get your Coach T blinders off he does not have the edge now and never will again. SwamiSays, if you are happy will the team being fielded at LC now then so be it. The great Coach T has lost control of the team and if you and others are to blind to see it - THEN SO BE IT!!!!! Keep living on the past because as long as the GREAT ONE is coaching LC will never field a winner again.Time to start a new era with a new coaching staff.

LOL. Are we still into eugenics? Coach Thompson has plenty of talent, it is just isn't being used correctly. When you can sit in the stands and predict plays...that is disturbing. EVERYONE knows every play LCHS uses because there are so few of them.

As far as the best 11? Since when? I know of three other boys that were just as good or better than some of the other players that sat the bench because of their "last name". Since I have never sat the bench in a varsity sport, I cannot imagine what it is like to know you aren't going to play due to some stupid reason of popularity or favoritism. We had a backup quarterback that could throw circles around our starter a few years ago, but he wasn't the chosen pick, so he sat. That isn't the best 11.

i dont think anyone can blame this problem entirely on the coaching staff. although i do believe their is some room for improvement, your players have to want to work their hardest to further their team. there are some kids on this team who do try to play that way. and jabbo..... im curious do you have a kid on the falcon team? im guessing not. but those of us who do, cant wait till next season, some of these kids actually have enough talent to take it to the next level. we could all turn a blind eye i guess but, when your kids future is at stake i dont hardly see how you can do that.

No, I don't have a kid on the team, but my kids have played other sports and I've seen first hand what happens when disgruntled parents or fans undermine the coaches. It typically happens when some parent thinks little Johnny isn't playing enough, so rather than tell little Johnny he needs to kick it up a notch (or maybe even let him know that sometimes folks don't recognize your talent and unfairness results - this is a lesson that will help him out for the rest of his life), the parent undermines the coach (and the rest of the team) by badmouthing him to his kid and his kid's teammates.

It's nothing more than selfishness masquerading as righteousness.

Hey Jabbo, my "little" Johnny as u put it, not playing enough is not the problem, playing too much is. mainly because, there are other kids on the team who arent doing THEIR jobs and my kid has to play their spot and his too. My "little" Johnny has already had several different big schools looking at him, so its not about having fun for him. this is business. its about people on the team doing their job, so he can do his job. all this crap about having "fun", give me a break, do u not know where u live? this is lincon county tn. if u want to have fun playing a sport, go back to middle school, or maybe go play soccer. im all for the guys being together on stuff, and having a good time, but when its time to get out on that field, its business, especially for some of these boys, whos future is on the line, and who depend on the rest of thier team acting as a team. no one, is a bigger falcon fan than i am. and i will continue to support the team and coaches, however, on the other hand, the TEAM aint going to be there, when these kids graduate.

I agree Angry. You can love someone or something, but not be accepting of what it is doing. It is sad where there are a few players busting their rearend and since there isn't any discipline, the other players not working hard aren't pulled to allow others a chance. I heard of some of the antics that continously go on. Not kosher when the Coaches lose control of discipline and someone not staying at their "home" and doing their job is a prime example. I think it is sad that these "supporters" choose to ignore all of the talent that walks the halls and fields of our team, place the blame on the kids and not on the lack of coaching enthusiasm. Look at UT. Strict discipline, kids now love to come to practice and the coach keeps them upbeat and going and is really into the game. Sometimes it is the little things that the team needs to help it dig down for that last little bit of extra. UT may not be winning every game, but they are doing a dang site better than last year.

Oh, Fly Falcon Mom I do know who you are. Your son told the team last year. You really got to get over this jealous stuff your got going on. If some other school would have played your son then why didn't ya'll just move there and let him play. Look Lady; Coach T has forgot more about football than you, your husband or your son will know in a lifetime!

Oh, Fly Falcon Mom I do know who you are. Your son told the team last year. You really got to get over this jealous stuff your got going on. If some other school would have played your son then why didn't ya'll just move there and let him play. Look Lady; Coach T has forgot more about football than you, your husband or your son will know in a lifetime!

I don't know about last year, but you have hit the nail on the head COACH T has forgot how to coach. Bear Bryant would roll over in his grave if he saw how one of his former players coaches a team with no discipline. I guess that is what happens when coaches get old. It even happened to the Great Bear Bryant. Time for The coach to step down.