Coach Julian going to Catholic?

Devils den, in our econmic times yes money means a lot. Oh and nice try on the 20 miles there and 20 back. I dont think it would make a darn when ur making about 30,000 extra a year or more. KJ, go for the head job at catholic now, even more money and better tallent to coach. Now that would leave an opening at Halls, Id give it to Hassel and get kilgore to call the offense. Kilgore has done wonders with that freshman program.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you all are missing the point here. Is money the only issue or the mian issue? I bet he dont make 30,000 more at Catholic. That would prolly put him around 80-85,ooo a year. The booster club could always come under the table like they have with the past coaches. When you drive 40 miles a day ever day man that adds up. Ware and tear on your car. Personally I hope he stays here at Halls. But you got to admit, when you go looking for a job and you except the job, and the man you are going to work for is taking anuther job without telling you, that dont make you look like Elbert Einstine, now does it?

Yes that was a bit out of line on mark's part maybe he didn't think he was getting the job, and yes it is well known the the defensive co. at catholic made 75,000 this past season. Hopefully u got enough in math at Halls and can tell the difference in 75,000 a year and around 50,000. I mean seriously think about it more money, better tallent to coach. Why would you want to stay in a place were all your tallent leaves to go play somewheres else?

Devils den, in our econmic times yes money means a lot. Oh and nice try on the 20 miles there and 20 back. I dont think it would make a darn when ur making about 30,000 extra a year or more. KJ, go for the head job at catholic now, even more money and better tallent to coach. Now that would leave an opening at Halls, Id give it to Hassel and get kilgore to call the offense. Kilgore has done wonders with that freshman program.

When has Kilgore called an offensive play? I thought his forte was the defensive side of the ball and I thought he had nothing to do with the freshmen this past season? Didn't Flynn call the offense the two years he was there? I don't know who did after that but I highly doubt it was Kilgore based on what he's said about offense in the past.

Yes that was a bit out of line on mark's part maybe he didn't think he was getting the job, and yes it is well known the the defensive co. at catholic made 75,000 this past season. Hopefully u got enough in math at Halls and can tell the difference in 75,000 a year and around 50,000. I mean seriously think about it more money, better tallent to coach. Why would you want to stay in a place were all your tallent leaves to go play somewheres else?

The D coordinator at KC was not getting $75K...... Julian may have been getting a slight increase but not what you guys are saying.

25,000 dolllars then den. I did my math now you learn how to spell. Tell your cdc teacher at Halls to stop letting you on the computers. Flynn called the offense but it had to go thur Kilgore first. My gosh though you Halls people either can't read or have no idea what is going on in life. I started a little fuel on the fire not bc KJ should leave but bc Willliams ( i dont know why I capitalize that i guess to make williams fill big sorry ) he calls the offense and didnt do a very good job. So if yuns halls people dont love your football no more they need someone to call some plays. Plan and simple I said Kilgore bc of his record as a head coach with the freshman. He did well with them now there juniors so why not? Can't do much worse than 4-6

25,000 dolllars then den. I did my math now you learn how to spell. Tell your cdc teacher at Halls to stop letting you on the computers. Flynn called the offense but it had to go thur Kilgore first. My gosh though you Halls people either can't read or have no idea what is going on in life. I started a little fuel on the fire not bc KJ should leave but bc Willliams ( i dont know why I capitalize that i guess to make williams fill big sorry ) he calls the offense and didnt do a very good job. So if yuns halls people dont love your football no more they need someone to call some plays. Plan and simple I said Kilgore bc of his record as a head coach with the freshman. He did well with them now there juniors so why not? Can't do much worse than 4-6

I'm not disagreeing with you about someone else calling the offense ProVol. I simply know that Kilgore had little to do with the freshmen offenses. He happens to be a bud of mine and I know for a fact he loves defense and hates offense. I know he coached offense last year but it's not his passion. A good coach can coach any position fairly well and has his position or two which he excels in more so than others. Now Kilgore did speak to me two years ago about how he would hate to be an opposing coach having to defend the Halls freshmen offense because of the many different looks it gave opposing defenses, but that was the extent of his opinions on the offense and how it was run. I also know for a fact that Kilgore wasn't the Halls freshmen head coach because I asked KJ that 3 years ago since he wasn't on the field and he said it was him, KJ that is, because he doesn't designate head coaches for freshmen or j.v.

Also ProVol, don't tell me I can't read or have no idea what is going on in life. I just told you what's been going on with this coach Kilgore that your claims were wrong on. So take what you said and apply it to yourself. Oh and eliminate some of the false facts you keep throwing out. Good day

Provol90,

Thur aint no word. You meant to say thru. Well guess what @$$%^&*, that aint no word either. Correct spelling is through. And that came straight from Halls Elementary School.

Speaking of coaches leaving Halls there are a couple others that are wanting to get out of there this year before Julian was offered the job and I know that for a fact!!! Talking about Julian taking the Catholic job I do not blame him for taking the money and maybe the oppurtunity to have the HC job there. Also I played for Julian at good ole Halls and he is committed to the game, but he is committed to his family first and fore most. The money is a considerable difference when you consider Pemberton left and was making about 90g's as the HC so I would not discount the DC making about 75g's. Julian is a good DC but maybe just not wanting to deal with the Halls crap anymore!!!