South Pittsburg

iamthatguy

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got word at work that South Pittsburg's coach got fired. Would it be possible they are making room for a coach? I believe Grundy's girls coach has connections there....just heard that today at work. Is there any truth that she will be there or is this just a rumor?

Fired?!? Why? I thought she did a good job with what she had to work with...any details?

I have heard the same thing as well. She has connections to one of the football coaches. Don't be surprised also if another name that was there before comes back into the Pirate family from up I-75.

I heard she did have connections, but I do not see her leaving Grundy's talent. Anybody from Grundy know?

I heard she did have connections, but I do not see her leaving Grundy's talent. Anybody from Grundy know?

I think the SP job is a great one to have for whoever gets it. With that being said I don't see Coach W leaving Grundy either. She has built the girls program to argueably one of the best around. She had over 40 girls last year on her varsity and JV teams combined. Who knows though maybe the intrigue of coaching against all the valley teams in the same district gets her to jump.

I think the SP job is a great one to have for whoever gets it. With that being said I don't see Coach W leaving Grundy either. She has built the girls program to argueably one of the best around. She had over 40 girls last year on her varsity and JV teams combined. Who knows though maybe the intrigue of coaching against all the valley teams in the same district gets her to jump.

I would like to see her stay at Grundy, but S. Pitt would be a shorter drive for me to go. Do they have alot of female athletes come out for ball? Maybe she could be the one to get them out. She seems to drive her teams. We will wait and see. I wish someone from Grundy would let us know.....

Interesting topic! I have not heard of any concerns from the Grundy area about losing their coach and i don't see Coach W leaving Grundy right now. I got to see their jv play this year and they are stacked. Seems like she has put in alot of hard work to just leave and go to S. Pitt. Just my thoughts if anybody has any inside info i would like to know as well. However, that would be a sweet deal for South Pitt.

Interesting topic! I have not heard of any concerns from the Grundy area about losing their coach and i don't see Coach W leaving Grundy right now. I got to see their jv play this year and they are stacked. Seems like she has put in alot of hard work to just leave and go to S. Pitt. Just my thoughts if anybody has any inside info i would like to know as well. However, that would be a sweet deal for South Pitt.

I believe all the Grundy folks care about on the mountain is football. Not sure they would be concerned if they lost their basketball coach or any other coach besides football. Sad, but that is how it seems. That would be a GREAT catch for Spitt with Woodlee going there. The JV team is really good though and her assistant (who I believe someone said) is her dad and her have invested time in those kids. Any coach who has that many numbers out has to invest their time. I do not see that many kids coming out and sticking to play basketball for just anybody. Maybe we need to move this to the football board to get their attention. Maybe she is going and its just being a hush, hush deal right now or maybe she is staying. Who knows?

Don't you have a player on the team, you should know more than most about it if you do.

I do not even have a daughter. I am not from either South Pittsburg or Grundy. I have been watching Grundy girls for years though. I am from the Chattanooga area, so no I do not know anything.

Fired?!? Why? I thought she did a good job with what she had to work with...any details?

I can tell you the exact reasons she got fired. The two that fired her told her that she "was not dedicated"-and anyone who knows Beth Webb and what she has done for that team laughs at this statement. They also said she "was too good to the girls"-cause that's a reason to fire someone. They claim she "does not go to camp"-I played for her for 6 years and we went to camp EVERY year and they have gone to camp every year before that and since then. They said the "b'ball team was going in the wrong direction"-she won a DISTRICT CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AT S.P.H.S. last year, and they were runner-up the two years before that-ALL WITHOUT A GYM, MAY I MIGHT ADD. She has won Coach of the Year for District 6A 3 out of the last 5 years. The reasons they gave are laughable, lies, and I think CoachTigerBall hit the nail on the head when he said not to be surprised about a coach coming back who just resigned last week. The whole thing is WRONG. And as for the rumors about the Grundy Coach, I am 99% sure that they are not true. S.P.H.S. is just making room for their football buddies.