CAK 2009

JuniorsDad

i have herd alot of players acting pretty cocky about there upcoming wins this year!! and boys u have no reason to be cocky till u have something to be cocky about!!

and the play of the line backers are going to have to step up from what they were last year

Never really a reason to be cocky, even if you're good. Most likely Nonnack8890 you are just hearing some smack from your old teammates, which is pretty much standard jibberish amongst teenagers. I haven't witnessed the first bit of cockiness in any of our scrimmages, maybe some enthusiasm, but no cockiness. Those guys are just having fun with you ^_^

I think this group of LB's is capable of doing that. They've been pretty active so far in the scrimmages. The 1's have looked like a solid unit, but depth here is a big concern. Containment has been very good for the most part. Central got the corner on us a couple of times but we were minus a starter on that side OLB position. The Dline and LB's are working together very well at this time. If this D can avoid injury during the season, it can be a very good unit. Maybe not a dominating unit, but a very solid one.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahah juniors dad . u r problably right on the cockiness stuff.. and i hope everyone know i only hope the best for my boys this season!! and i believe they are going to have to play there A game at all times ...idk much about there oppentents this season, but i know there oppentents history has always been pretty solid with exception of a couple!! i dont see anyone at the level of Oliver Springs, Sweet water and Wartburg on there scheduale this season!!! i have a feeling that we will be in a dog fight for most of the season!! and im glad to see the defense seems to be doing what cak has done since i started out there!!.. and im with u on the D if they can stay healthy they will be pretty solid im a little worried about inexperiance on the other side of the ball!! but then again we were the same way last year and got better as the season went on!! ..... i know of JD being out but im am curious as to who here the other 2 defensive players who sat down for the last scrimmage!

It's all about the grace game at this point. Speaking of grace on their website it slates this matchup as "THE BIG GAME!!!" and their mobile site (m.gcasports.com) says "a large crowd and great game is expected. They seem to be very excited over at Grace

well good lets make that big crowd go home 3rd quarter!!... and i have always looked at grace as the way webb looks at cak!! .... Grace thinking we are rivals!!...so take it to them boys!! i cant wait to watch you guys tear it up!!....

also herd that Carson Pegram had a run for around 50 yards the other night! and had another one for close to 30!! sounds great boys ... with losing keenan the line is going to have to help Carson out!! and from what i have seen then play so far i am nothing but impressed to see the run blockink skills!! and to see Quinn have almost time enough to look across the whole field

Also I don't think i've heard anyone from Grace say CAK is considered a rival...Although I guess we could call it a battle of the two big Christian schools in the Knoxville area....the two teams have not faced in a varsity match-up before to my knowlege. I am a CAK fan but i don't think that's a fair comparison about the rivals! Still love you nonnack.

Thank you for clearing that up Aussie. Nonnack is.. misled. this is not a rivalary.. yet. Also your right about this not being a blow out. should be a good one. i heard Grace has gotten the wing t stuff down pat and they've got a couple good backs that are fast around the edge. we'll see how it goes down the 21st. :bored: