Oak Ridge vs. Alcoa

Soccerfreak8

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While everyone will likely be paying attention to Bearden and Farragut, Oak Ridge will be hosting Alcoa tommorrow, which will likely be a great game. Predictions and thoughts?

Oak Ridge lost quite a lot from last year didn't they? I think it will be a close (sloppy depending on the weather) game with Alcoa winning 2-1. Whats the past history score wise between these teams?

Don't know much about Oak Ridge, but judging by the Seymour/Oak Ridge scrimmage pre-season (5-1 Seymour won I believe), I say the score will be 4-1 Alcoa. I think that Oak Ridge has had time to get organized and get a few game under their belt, but Alcoa is a very strong team this year and will take home a win. Once again I post this no knowing a whole lot about Oak Ridge other than a couple scrimmage results.

Seymour may have beaten them early in the year, but Oak Ridge tied Farragut 3/12 1-1, so it seems that they may have gotten the kinks out of their issues. Alcoa is a good squad, who is somehow always up for this game. I think Akula went to Oak Ridge, so he may have a point to prove. I know that Oak Ridge doesn't want to lose again to them, so I think they will be ready. I'm predicting a 2-2 tie.

Don't know much about Oak Ridge, but judging by the Seymour/Oak Ridge scrimmage pre-season (5-1 Seymour won I believe), I say the score will be 4-1 Alcoa. I think that Oak Ridge has had time to get organized and get a few game under their belt, but Alcoa is a very strong team this year and will take home a win. Once again I post this no knowing a whole lot about Oak Ridge other than a couple scrimmage results.

Seymour played excellent in this scrimmage, and I believe that Oak Ridge may have taken them a little too lightly. I think sportsnut's prediction of 2-1 Alcoa is pretty accurate. Looking at the "Games This Week" thread that Akula started I don't remember seeing this one listed. I must have overlooked it. If the Bearden/Farragut game gets cancelled, this would definitely be an excellent match to watch. Since this isn't a district game, good luck Akula.

Seymour played excellent in this scrimmage, and I believe that Oak Ridge may have taken them a little too lightly. I think sportsnut's prediction of 2-1 Alcoa is pretty accurate. Looking at the "Games This Week" thread that Akula started I don't remember seeing this one listed. I must have overlooked it. If the Bearden/Farragut game gets cancelled, this would definitely be an excellent match to watch. Since this isn't a district game, good luck Akula.

Put it to them Alcoa...I will say Alcoa 3-1

Oak Ridge...3-1. No team that ties Farragut should be labeled the underdog in this battle. I do not pay attention to pre-season results; therefore, I think the Seymour outcome was probably the result of OR experimenting with the lineup. In addition, I think the gargantuan field plays to OR's advantage. Sure, Alcoa has speed up top, but Oak Ridge will know how to minimize touches on the ball and use the space on the flanks to their advantage. On the other hand, I think Alcoa might inadvertently beat down the middle of the pitch. I have not seen either team this year, so this is a bold prediction, but I am rather confident that Alcoa could not pull out a tie with Farragut, hence the 3-1 prediction. No offense to Alcoa; after all, not many teams can pull out a tie on Farragut. I think Mitchell is great, and Alcoa is an overall very good side. I can't see them losing more than 4/5 games this year, and they will surely give teams fits in the playoffs.

Oak Ridge...3-1. No team that ties Farragut should be labeled the underdog in this battle. I do not pay attention to pre-season results; therefore, I think the Seymour outcome was probably the result of OR experimenting with the lineup. In addition, I think the gargantuan field plays to OR's advantage. Sure, Alcoa has speed up top, but Oak Ridge will know how to minimize touches on the ball and use the space on the flanks to their advantage. On the other hand, I think Alcoa might inadvertently beat down the middle of the pitch. I have not seen either team this year, so this is a bold prediction, but I am rather confident that Alcoa could not pull out a tie with Farragut, hence the 3-1 prediction. No offense to Alcoa; after all, not many teams can pull out a tie on Farragut. I think Mitchell is great, and Alcoa is an overall very good side. I can't see them losing more than 4/5 games this year, and they will surely give teams fits in the playoffs.

Dins I can see the logic of your analogy, but using your analogy Cleveland beat OR, OR tied Farragut so therefore Cleveland should beat Farragut. And while I'm pulling for Cleveland this year as the "great Chattanooga AAA Hope" /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I'm not ready to say that anyone will beat Farragut.

Like you I have not seen OR play this year, but I have seen Alcoa play. And they are a "Good" solid team. Sooooooooo with that being said, My prediction is.......

Cancelled due to weather.

Oak Ridge took it 1 nil. Great match for the field conditions. It held up considering the amount of rain in oak ridge, but was still pretty wet in areas, especially one sideline. Little pockets of water definitely slowed down the pace of both teams. Oak Ridge came out fired up and got their goal around 10 min mark roughly, don't have stat sheet in front of me for exact time. We misplayed a ball in the back and OR forward was pressuring and won the ball to score off quick counter. Back and forth for the most part the rest of half, they made better adjustments to the conditions than we did. We tried to play to feet and keep it on the ground and found little success. OR possessed much better. 2nd half we showed much better with some adjustments, I really thought the tying goal was coming and we had some excellent looks, just to have a slip or stalled ball. Very frustrating, but both teams had the same conditions. Oak Ridge scored attacking that goal, so I can't use that excuse. I really wish this game had been played on a dry pitch, would have been much more exciting for fans and fun for players. Alot of skilled and speed shown by both sides for conditions. Good luck to the SoccerCats the rest of the way. You all earned it tonight.