Doctored Bats!

ogor

The article on doctored bats: doctored bats

What about bat rolling? Never heard of that one.

I worry about my son pitching as it is, but knowing these things are floating around out there is down right scary. There is way to much "whatever takes mentality" to think people will not use these for league play.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This play is illegal, although most people don't know. A good coach might and you will see down the road of what to come with there play. The shaved of the bat can make a ball shine farther or make a grounder harder.

Hope more coaches see this. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

How can anyone spot one of these bats? Is it how the ball comes off the bat? Is it a give away when most of the team uses the same bat? What do you look for?

Wood anyone???

I hope someday, sooner than later, the decision is made to change back to wood bats or some type of a composite that is comparable to wood. I know the bat manufacturers data shows that the BESR of a non-wood bat is comparable to a wood bat but the actual on-field results seem, IMO, to contradict the data.

Huge undertaking? Sure.

A few of the pros...

Safer

Truer game of "baseball" in many ways (pitching, defense, small ball etc...)

Easier to evaluate an actual hitter

Shorter games (time wise)--some % of batted balls that are typically hits become outs.

Cons...

Cost of continual bat replacement

????

Please add your thoughts to either side.