Week 5 matches

akula21

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't get to see the game. I will find out from my source tomorrow, unless someone else saw the game.

I was at the game. I know mccallie soccer and we played without a number of starters which was no excuse for our play because we did not show up at all yesterday; very flat. Certainly we have a number of injuried players but who doesnt. The game really was a non event. No real flashes of greatness, no mvp's, not great refs but not the worst calls either, for the most part the calls were ok. Boyd debated a shot on goal as a score which hit a cross bar but other than that and something at the end of the game again a non event. From my understanding Boyd seemed much more excited about the tie than McCallie. We play Dalton tomorrow and hopefully we have all our parts and pieces put back together. The dalton game is @ dalton. Always exciting to play them. Good luck to Boyd with the rest of their season.

Maryville-1

Oak Ridge-0

Oak Ridge had the better play tonight. Maryville dominated the first 15 minutes and had a great goal...upper 90. After that, Maryville was on their heels for most of the game. OR had the better play and more chances, but we were glad to pick up the win. OR is BY FAR the best side that we have seen since CBHS. They are very comparable to MUS...quick to the ball, technical, and physical. Good win for Maryville, but OR is for real. Hate to say this, but OR is better than they were last year.

Shots:

OR-10

Maryville-6

Don't know the corners...but OR dominated in this area.

McCallie 1- Dalton 1

Great game to watch, very exciting packed with lots of skill play. 0-0 at the end of the first half with both teams missing several scoring chances. Dalton scored first in the second half and McCallie scored quickly after. Great scoring drives on both sides being well defended, a real nail bitter. I understood Dalton was missing one starter and McCallie still missing 3 starters and starting 3 freshmen. I dont follow Ga high school soccer but Dalton has already won their region/distract and is finished with their regular season. So I assume both Cleveland and us were just additional games for them as they move toward state play. If you dont play Dalton I would encourage any skilled team to attempt to schedule them as a litmus test. McCallie scored on a set play and Dalton scored when McCallie failed to clear a ball to mid field. Its not good to let a team like Dalton hang around your goal even outside the 18. They can shot from well outside the 18 and have many players who can strike the ball very well. The game could have easily been a victory for either team because each had a number of other attempts that could have been goals. The shot totals were even. No yellow nor red cards. I few yellow cards could have been presented. A fun afternoon in the stands, dang that was good to watch.

Sweetwater - 4

McMinn Central - 3.

Sweetwater had ferociously quick forwards, used them well to run unchallenged on through balls which accounted for a couple scores. One score was a beautiful shot from well outside the 18 that hit far post. Mcminn was down 4-1 in the second half, just couldnt turn it on quick enough to catch back up.

Final Score:

Hendersonville 4

Station Camp 1

Shots on Goal:

Hendersonville 12

Station Camp 10

The better team won, no doubt about it, but the final score is misleading. The referee was absolutly horrible. Two PK's for HHS (one was probably deserved, one was pathetic), we had a guy tackled from behind in the box with the referee right there and he did nothing. If he cashes his game check, he is a thief.

Once again, Hendersonville was the better team tonight and they definitly deserve the victory, but if there had been an average referee the final would have been 3-2. In the long run it doesn't matter, but when it is the first time you have played your biggest rival in 5 years, it matters.