Week 5 matches

akula21

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big G...how is your field holding up...do you do anything to maintain it during this type of weather...we have to get these games it but the fields really take a beating....

We routinely take our freshmen out and roll them around the field to dry it up. When they are soaked, we move up to the sophomores, and so on. Thankfully, it has stopped by the time we get to our assistant coach, so I have remained dry!

Honestly, or field crew has done an amazing job. 2 weeks before spring break, they got out and aerated and fertilized, and we stayed off of it for an entire 2 weeks. When all of this rain hit, it was sloppy to play on, but it recovered well. My fear is that this cold will kill our bermuda. I have heard that since it is a QUICK cold snap, it won't, but I am still worried. We have 3 games on it this week, so it will take a beating.

The problem we have is that I can't reschedule. So any game that we cancel, we can't play later, without canceling one of those games.

We are also trying to stay off of it during practice, as well.

We routinely take our freshmen out and roll them around the field to dry it up. When they are soaked, we move up to the sophomores, and so on. Thankfully, it has stopped by the time we get to our assistant coach, so I have remained dry!

Honestly, or field crew has done an amazing job. 2 weeks before spring break, they got out and aerated and fertilized, and we stayed off of it for an entire 2 weeks. When all of this rain hit, it was sloppy to play on, but it recovered well. My fear is that this cold will kill our bermuda. I have heard that since it is a QUICK cold snap, it won't, but I am still worried. We have 3 games on it this week, so it will take a beating.

The problem we have is that I can't reschedule. So any game that we cancel, we can't play later, without canceling one of those games.

We are also trying to stay off of it during practice, as well.

Thanks for the info... helpful... here is to nice weather the rest of the spring!