Lebanon vs. Cookeville

droppinbombs09

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you got that right. their little boy isn't getting to play as much as they want so they are gonna blame it on the coach. pathetic.

Hey Bombs! Are the parents still sitting in clicks at the LHS games? They always use to be two separate groups that sat in lawn chairs, one that sat in the blue bleachers, and some sat in the small bleechers. They didn't mix much. Kinda like what you stated above. The record is much better so I thought the parents have finally gotten it together over there and have helped create a team atmosphere. They already had a great coach they just needed to back him to get that special chemistry going. Loyalty, Chemistry, Unity, and the sense of a true team from the starter to the bull pen catcher is something that comes from so much more than just a good coach- parents play a key role more than they know. Anyways I sure hope that those clicks are long gone! Coaches have enough to worry about in the dugouts and on the field of play than to worry about crap in the stands.

Hey Bombs! Are the parents still sitting in clicks at the LHS games? They always use to be two separate groups that sat in lawn chairs, one that sat in the blue bleachers, and some sat in the small bleechers. They didn't mix much. Kinda like what you stated above. The record is much better so I thought the parents have finally gotten it together over there and have helped create a team atmosphere. They already had a great coach they just needed to back him to get that special chemistry going. Loyalty, Chemistry, Unity, and the sense of a true team from the starter to the bull pen catcher is something that comes from so much more than just a good coach- parents play a key role more than they know. Anyways I sure hope that those clicks are long gone! Coaches have enough to worry about in the dugouts and on the field of play than to worry about crap in the stands.

yeah you cookeville people are ones to talk to us about leaving our coachs alone, good one! and all the parents at lebanon have always gotten along, i dunno where you are coming up with that. some people would just rather sit in their own chairs than bleachers. believe it or not most people grow out of immature qualities after a certain amount of time instead of giving their coach crap b/c their son isn't playing.

yeah you cookeville people are ones to talk to us about leaving our coachs alone, good one! and all the parents at lebanon have always gotten along, i dunno where you are coming up with that. some people would just rather sit in their own chairs than bleachers. believe it or not most people grow out of immature qualities after a certain amount of time instead of giving their coach crap b/c their son isn't playing.

I'm not a Cookeville person buddy. I'm a Lebanon one. I haven't been to a home game in a while but that is the way they were when I was there and when I played there as well. Not trying to make you mad just asking if things have changed. Parents were more worried about their kid going to college to play rather than the team as a whole at that time. i do have to say that Coach Slone has promoted and gotten more boys into college ball than any coach that I've known to coach at LHS since 80's up. I already knew you had a great coach and some talent but just wondered if the parents have finally found some team unity instead of what you stated before.

I'm not a Cookeville person buddy. I'm a Lebanon one. I haven't been to a home game in a while but that is the way they were when I was there and when I played there as well. Not trying to make you mad just asking if things have changed. Parents were more worried about their kid going to college to play rather than the team as a whole at that time. i do have to say that Coach Slone has promoted and gotten more boys into college ball than any coach that I've known to coach at LHS since 80's up. I already knew you had a great coach and some talent but just wondered if the parents have finally found some team unity instead of what you stated before.

with winning come unity when you lose that is when you find out the true colors of people

I think there is an established pattern with Cookeville folks being hard on the baseball coach. If they had a clue, they would step aside and let Coach Chaffin do his thing. He is one of the most-respected coaches around the entire state. That is a fact, not an opinion.

I think there is an established pattern with Cookeville folks being hard on the baseball coach. If they had a clue, they would step aside and let Coach Chaffin do his thing. He is one of the most-respected coaches around the entire state. That is a fact, not an opinion.

yell you know he talks a good game in meetings and when he is away from cookeville and is the life of the party that keeps everybody rolling. also a good teacher, and is respected by alot of people who have never had hands on viewing of him running his program and some of the things he does to attempt to get rid of kids in his program then you would probaly be in the 70+% of the people in cookeville that wishes he would stick to teaching in the class room and leave the coaching to some one else say like his assistant mike

what's babe ruth coaches got to do with this? i'm not a coach and don't even have a dog in this hunt, but i don't like you talking down about br coaches, i have known some fine br coaches. who else besides dad's are going to coach these boys during the summer months to keep letting these boys play ball. i don't see no high school coaches around here offering to do it. and as far as you thinking that Cookeville parents shouldn't be involved, well you are wrong. Cookeville High does pay Chaffin a supplement for coaching, it is up to the parents to pay for everything else, including assistant coaches supplements, which before this year was 9,500 now it's 7,500. their baseball booster club budget was brought to my attention in the fall and before this year the parents had a 60,000 budget to uphold, oh the coaches for this season knocked off 12,000 so they still had a little over 48,000 to have to come up with. do you think the parents should have had to pay for Coach Chaffin's cell phone? not just during baseball season, but for the whole year which totalled 900.00 come up with 300.00 from the get go just for their boys to be on the team. pay for a lawn mower that came to 5,800 pay for baseballs over a 1,000 pay for lawn care over 5,000 pay for the coaches clothes and shoes totalling 600.00 pay for the coaches motel rooms 350.00 tournament fees 1,000 their bus 8,000 umpires 3,500 food for the team 3,500 and the list goes on. so, you think the parents might feel like they were taken advantage of? Chaffin would come into their booster club meetings and talk down to these parents and belittle them as if they were kids. and yes, he was asked to resign and did, but they are giving him a second chance and he is on probation. and yes, coaches do make sacrifices, but it shouldn't be a burden to them. they should love what they are doing. cookeville parents pay way beyond for their baseball program, so yes they should have major say so in the way things are done. so tell me, is this how Lebanon's program works? probably not, so you people might want to keep you're opinions to yourself. and yes all this is fact!!!

wow for real????

Bullethead, i can assure you that there is no way Coach Chaffin is on here reading this crap. No coach i have ever been around cares anything about what is said on here, and they darn sure don't care what your opinion is on who ought to play. You talk about the baseball program budget like Cookeville is the only program that has a budget like that. They aren't! How do you think a baseball program runs? magic beans and pixie dust? leave money out of this because all this coach chaffin stuff isn't about money and you know that. It's about kids not playing as much as momma and daddy think they should. Coach Chaffin has not done anything wrong besides losing his cool at a booster club meeting, which he apologized for. Have you ever popped off and said something you wish you hadn't? I'll bet the house that you have. Now, lets say you pop off something you regret, do you want the person to forgive you and move on? Of course you do, so give that same courtesy to him. Its called the Golden Rule, check it out, its in a book you might have heard of, the Bible. Also, lets call it what it is, Coach Chaffin wasn't asked to resign, he was told he was going to resign by the director of schools who was being bullied by a school board member, illegally, backed by a couple unhappy parents. Here's an idea, quit hiding behind a screenname bashing a coach, and call him and set up a meeting with him and work stuff out. If your not willing to do that, then shut your mouth. I mentioned the Bible a while ago. I grew up in a God-fearing household and I learned that the Bible says if you have a problem with someone, you go to that person and work it out. You sure as heck don't get on a message board and gossip about them (gossip is another biblical no-no, by the way). If only i knew who you were, i would certainly be discussing this with you face to face, however i can't because you like to throw punches from behind a screenname. So, i've said what i wanted to say. Went from red-faced mad to laughing to smiling, and you know, through it all, I'm a Cavalier Fan. I like all of them, all 40-something players and all five coaches. I can assure you they are all pulling in the same direction. If all the parents will get on board and pull in the same direction with them, there is no telling what this year's Cavalier team could do. However, If your not willing to jump on the train, there is good news! Putnam County doesn't zone their schools, and there are two other high schools in Putnam County that play decent baseball. Take your kid to one of them, i'm sure they'd love to have him. On a lighter note, GO CAVS!