AA state teams?

softballguru30

i'm beginning to think Creek Wood might have a legitimate shot at state this year. they played goodpasture today at the franklin tournament and had a lead at one point. they sadly fell though on a great piece of hitting by goodpasture's shortstop. she hit a screwball in her eyes for a walk-off homerun. this is with a freshman on the mound holding goodpasture to just 2 runs and only one hard hit. there were some soft hits just over players gloves.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm beginning to think Creek Wood might have a legitimate shot at state this year. they played goodpasture today at the franklin tournament and had a lead at one point. they sadly fell though on a great piece of hitting by goodpasture's shortstop. she hit a screwball in her eyes for a walk-off homerun. this is with a freshman on the mound holding goodpasture to just 2 runs and only one hard hit. there were some soft hits just over players gloves.

What teams were left?

I know there are some good teams in middle tn, but no one has even talked about anyone from west tn. Lexington is very good this year and Covington is always in the mix.

Seen Lexington play and they have a chance to be good this year and the years ahead. They have one of the better pitchers any of us on the hill have seen 'round these parts. Like all good teams, the pitcher keeps em in da game and the "team" wins it.

I know there are some good teams in middle tn, but no one has even talked about anyone from west tn. Lexington is very good this year and Covington is always in the mix.

Lets not forget Westview from the west side they're a AA team are they not? And they've made back to back appearances so far. They may suprise us they have a pretty good ball club.

Covington Is a well coached team that has lost some key players from last years team but they have also gained some very good younger players to go along with the remaining skilled upperclassmen on the team. But this team may have some trouble winning their district but I think the fact that they made it last year will pay off.

Lexington wow this could be a hard one ,lot's of complications with this team. I think they have the Best Least Known pitcher in the state with Shelese Arnold who will give any team they play problems at the plate. They like Covington have some really good younger talent but lack the older players to truly anchor the line up at the plate or in the field. The football coach must figure it out if this team is to advance. May also have trouble even winning their district but very well could slip by Camden.

Westveiw This team has a good one two punch from the mound along with a good mix of players that was there last year. But here again winning their own district is not going to come with out a dog fight.

Camden good all around team with good pitching & hitting very consistent team will probably win their district & could challenge deeper some of these girl's will remember how to get there.

Only a small portion of these WTN teams have played any in MID TN this year I'm sure some by choice & some due to all the rain the good Lord has blessed us all with. This OPINION comes from some limited game viewing, teams score board record & the players on the respective teams that you see playing summer ball all over the state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Creek Wood, Waverly Central, & Montgomery Central all have legit shots out of District 11-AA.

Fairview is a solid team that could sneak up on someone and Cheatham Co. is a team that has a great player that can carry them when the game is on the line. Sycamore & Harpeth also fall into this group of teams that can't be overlooked in District 11-AA.

Creek Wood, Waverly Central, & Montgomery Central all have legit shots out of District 11-AA.

Fairview is a solid team that could sneak up on someone and Cheatham Co. is a team that has a great player that can carry them when the game is on the line. Sycamore & Harpeth also fall into this group of teams that can't be overlooked in District 11-AA.

The teams in 11-AA are fighting for second place behind Creek Wood

Covington Is a well coached team that has lost some key players from last years team but they have also gained some very good younger players to go along with the remaining skilled upperclassmen on the team. But this team may have some trouble winning their district but I think the fact that they made it last year will pay off.

Lexington wow this could be a hard one ,lot's of complications with this team. I think they have the Best Least Known pitcher in the state with Shelese Arnold who will give any team they play problems at the plate. They like Covington have some really good younger talent but lack the older players to truly anchor the line up at the plate or in the field. The football coach must figure it out if this team is to advance. May also have trouble even winning their district but very well could slip by Camden.

Westveiw This team has a good one two punch from the mound along with a good mix of players that was there last year. But here again winning their own district is not going to come with out a dog fight.

Camden good all around team with good pitching & hitting very consistent team will probably win their district & could challenge deeper some of these girl's will remember how to get there.

Only a small portion of these WTN teams have played any in MID TN this year I'm sure some by choice & some due to all the rain the good Lord has blessed us all with. This OPINION comes from some limited game viewing, teams score board record & the players on the respective teams that you see playing summer ball all over the state. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Covington's good i've seen them play they're defense is really good. They're a strong team defensively and offensively.

Lexington is awesome or were at the Martin Tourney they stuck neck in neck with Hunningdon and probably would've beaten them but the rain got to us first.

Westview has two awesome pitchers that know what they're doing. (Shaylon and Shanna) When their bats get going they usually don't stop. They've beat everyone in their district at least once i do belive and most the time put a team down hard. Thats what they did to Dyersburg last night in the second game. I think they'll take the district title again this year and we'll see them again back at state.

Camden is somethin else i'm tellin you. Brandenburg can really throw a pitch she's got it going for her. And their batting can tear a team up. I won't lie Camden's a excellent team.