First State Baseball Polls are now available

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question about the polls. How are they based and who does the polling? Are they based on district play, tournaments, etc?

For instance, the Dandy Dozen in the Commercial Appeal-is that someone's opinion? I just wondered because if you base polls on wins and loses and number of games played how can one team be so far ahead of another when the numbers just don't had up. Does last year's results have anything to do with this years polls?

I just get confused....

thanks-you guys seem to know much more about the polls that I do /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I have a question about the polls. How are they based and who does the polling? Are they based on district play, tournaments, etc?

For instance, the Dandy Dozen in the Commercial Appeal-is that someone's opinion? I just wondered because if you base polls on wins and loses and number of games played how can one team be so far ahead of another when the numbers just don't had up. Does last year's results have anything to do with this years polls?

I just get confused....

thanks-you guys seem to know much more about the polls that I do /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The Commercial Appeal's Dandy Dozen is strictly based on a (some) staffer(s)'s opinion based on coaches comments, records, and is geared to sell more papers.

No love for Mcminn Central is AA??? They run ruled Unicoi 12-0 in 5 innings Saturday. and are 14-3

Mcminn is a very solid team but i'd give anything to play them again. They did run rule us and i'm not taking a thing away from them but we had 3 starters out sick and gave up either 8 or 10 un-earned runs

Alright, let's do a weekend recap. #2 Bearden beat Noblesville 9-8 and lost to Mt. Juliet 4-0. On the other hand, #4 Farragut run-ruled Noblesville 13-2 and run-ruled Mt. Juliet 18-5. These polls were definitely correct and well thought out, eh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Alright, let's do a weekend recap. #2 Bearden beat Noblesville 9-8 and lost to Mt. Juliet 4-0. On the other hand, #4 Farragut run-ruled Noblesville 13-2 and run-ruled Mt. Juliet 18-5. These polls were definitely correct and well thought out, eh? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

but bearden did beat Farragut right and that loss was just in a little tournament right? you cant have your cake and eat it too...Just remember we do have a playoff system in TN so you can prove it on the field in the month of May

but bearden did beat Farragut right and that loss was just in a little tournament right? you cant have your cake and eat it too...Just remember we do have a playoff system in TN so you can prove it on the field in the month of May

22-3. That would be the combined score of Farragut's two games vs. Riverdale, sir. Or 60-9. That would be the combined score of Farragut's 4 games this week, sir. And did I also mention Farragut had NINE total homeruns the last two games? Thank you for playing and good day, sir.

22-3. That would be the combined score of Farragut's two games vs. Riverdale, sir. Or 60-9. That would be the combined score of Farragut's 4 games this week, sir. And did I also mention Farragut had NINE total homeruns the last two games? Thank you for playing and good day, sir.

so the pollsters are right that is why we are ranked behind you correct? I have not said 1 time that A. Farragut wasnt good B. that you are not deserving of your record. it is YOU who is belittling teams saying you are better and yet those teams beat you...its kinda like if i was saying that RIVERDALE should be ranked ahead of Farragut. thank you and you also have a good day

so the pollsters are right that is why we are ranked behind you correct? I have not said 1 time that A. Farragut wasnt good B. that you are not deserving of your record. it is YOU who is belittling teams saying you are better and yet those teams beat you...its kinda like if i was saying that RIVERDALE should be ranked ahead of Farragut. thank you and you also have a good day

Belittle? No, not once did I say Farragut was better, I simply was giving the stats of the games as it relates to the polls, sir. Riverdale is what, like 4th in AAA in the polls, right? So all i'm saying is that Farragut has outscored #4 Riverdale and #2 Bearden by a score of 33-11. Just something to ponder, sir. And i said nothing about Collierville in the previous post. I can maybe see putting them in front of Farragut since the head to head win, but..... it's a big IF, sir. Thank you, sir.