Another Coach Gone

raynoch

Well i know if sticks is hired he has a couple of options. He is real close friends with Clearence Swerigean that use to play and coach at UT. Also he know Lynn Allen former coach at Central also he is real close friends with Brian Ware. Sticks also knows the district well from former players plaing for him. I tell you i think either way South Doyle is getting a great coach!

Don't forget the Wild Card! The unknown candidate. There is always an unknown name floating behind the scenes.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i know if sticks is hired he has a couple of options. He is real close friends with Clearence Swerigean that use to play and coach at UT. Also he know Lynn Allen former coach at Central also he is real close friends with Brian Ware. Sticks also knows the district well from former players plaing for him. I tell you i think either way South Doyle is getting a great coach!

Clarence Swearingen is not a name I would be throwing around in basketball circles if you are wanting people to take you seriously. He was ran off at UT for multiple reasons when he was part of their staff. If you brought in BWare, then who would run the halfcourt shot during halftime of the Bearden home games?

Clarence Swearingen is not a name I would be throwing around in basketball circles if you are wanting people to take you seriously. He was ran off at UT for multiple reasons when he was part of their staff. If you brought in BWare, then who would run the halfcourt shot during halftime of the Bearden home games?

Clarence Swearingen is a good man! So is the rest of the basketball staff that use to coach at UT! With his years of experience he could help many programs. Coaching big time college is way different than high school. Your every move is judged by so many people and for the most part College coaches have to go through more than they should! But enough about that i think that SD should be meeting today after their interview with Coach Scoot and decide who they are going to hire. Good luck to both and i believe with either coach SD will be successful soon!

Derek Creech, assistant coach at Walters State, would be a great hire. He's a young coach as well, and he has 5+ years experience coaching under Coach Carlyle at WSCC. They have been to a couple national tournaments in that time, and Derek was the main recruiter behind those classes.

Derek Creech, assistant coach at Walters State, would be a great hire. He's a young coach as well, and he has 5+ years experience coaching under Coach Carlyle at WSCC. They have been to a couple national tournaments in that time, and Derek was the main recruiter behind those classes.

What does that have to do with South-Doyle? How will those national junior college tournament appearances help him relate to high school athletes. You can't (are not suppose to) recruit high school players. Have to play with the hand you are dealt. Tony Buell coached at Washburn high school before going to Walter State and then to Carter high school. Did Creech apply for the job? I heard the pool of applicants was pretty low.

Turtle my man, you have the lowdown on all the info. You're like the Huggy Bear of Knoxville, it ain't news unless it comes from the Turtle! Lol

What does that have to do with South-Doyle? How will those national junior college tournament appearances help him relate to high school athletes. You can't (are not suppose to) recruit high school players. Have to play with the hand you are dealt. Tony Buell coached at Washburn high school before going to Walter State and then to Carter high school. Did Creech apply for the job? I heard the pool of applicants was pretty low.

Turtle my man, you have the lowdown on all the info. You're like the Huggy Bear of Knoxville, it ain't news unless it comes from the Turtle! Lol

Creech has applied and apparently is a frontrunner for the job (his name has been mentioned on here by someone else connected to the school - I have no ties to SDHS), and his experience as a juco coach is more valuable than you think. He has shown an ability to communicate with young kids and help turn them into winners right out of high school at Walters State. His ability to recruit kids could help him get more athletes out of the halls at South Doyle and into the gym.

You know hahaha I wish I could help you with this one but I can't.. I'm out in the blue when it comes to this as well.

Creech has applied and apparently is a frontrunner for the job (his name has been mentioned on here by someone else connected to the school - I have no ties to SDHS), and his experience as a juco coach is more valuable than you think. He has shown an ability to communicate with young kids and help turn them into winners right out of high school at Walters State. His ability to recruit kids could help him get more athletes out of the halls at South Doyle and into the gym.

I wasn't trying to be negative or critical. I know Coach Carlyle, great coach. To be honest, I've only heard of two names for the S-D job, the assistant coaches at West and Catholic. I know people who teach and coach at South-Doyle and those 2 names were the only ones they've mentioned. Knox County's budget is extremly tight and they may have to hire within the system but you never know. I heard Creech's name mentioned with Morristown East. However like I stated in an earlier thread, he could be that unknown wildcard that gets the job. What is his certification in? If he's so successful at Walters State, why would he leave to go to South-Doyle? Coach Carlyle is up there in age and can't possibly coach much longer. I would think he would be in line to replace him when he retires or another college coaching job. If he recruits that well a D2 or D1 job should be in his future. But he does sound like he knows what he's doing and would successful where ever he goes. Good luck.

I wasn't trying to be negative or critical. I know Coach Carlyle, great coach. To be honest, I've only heard of two names for the S-D job, the assistant coaches at West and Catholic. I know people who teach and coach at South-Doyle and those 2 names were the only ones they've mentioned. Knox County's budget is extremly tight and they may have to hire within the system but you never know. I heard Creech's name mentioned with Morristown East. However like I stated in an earlier thread, he could be that unknown wildcard that gets the job. What is his certification in?

The former coach at Cumberland County has applied for the job. He did a good job at a school that split into two schools and left CCHS with no varsity experience. Principal and AD both approved he be rehired for tenure, but the Director of Schools said no - no reason given. Even after parents and staff swamped a Board Meeting, she refused. He has a lot of experience, high school and college. Someone is missing out. Scott Eggleston is his name.