Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction on the date of the Franklin scrimmage. It will be at Franklin, but it will be on August 13th. The time is yet to be determined. Also, Goodpasture will have 3 televised games this year. They will on September 25th against Lipscomb, August 28th against Ravenwood, and they will have a Thursday night lights game against McGavock on October 15th.

Goodpasture runs the wing-T because its easy. You dont need a good quarterback just a couple of fast running backs (Benny Cunningham, Thomas Goodlow). I do know that the line will be hard to get past this year. The average weight of the line this year is 302 lbs. And the fact that Goodpasture is moving up a division will make this a very interesting year for Cougar Football.

do know that the line will be hard to get past this year. The average weight of the line this year is 302 lbs. .
Or does that say that it will be easy to get past that big slow line. You cant tell me High School boys should weigh 300 plus pounds. Maybe if you are 6-6 but not 5-9. And if you give the ball to Goodlow, or Cunningham the TSSAA will be in your AD's office.

The O-Line for Goodpasture will be very big this year. The OT's are both 6'5" and 6'6" both averaging about 310lbs respectively. The OG's are both 6' 2" and 6' 1". One of the guards is about 285 lbs and the other is about 305lbs. The center is about 245lbs. So they are very big for high school standards. They dont average 300lbs, but they are close. Just like any position, it will come down to how they play as a unit, and how healthy they stay. But I will tell you this, they sure do look like they have a chance to be a very good unit this year! You take that line, and they have a very good fullback who goes 6' 2" and about 230lbs, that should be fun to watch.

do know that the line will be hard to get past this year. The average weight of the line this year is 302 lbs. .
Or does that say that it will be easy to get past that big slow line. You cant tell me High School boys should weigh 300 plus pounds. Maybe if you are 6-6 but not 5-9. And if you give the ball to Goodlow, or Cunningham the TSSAA will be in your AD's office.

I was referring to Goodlow and Cunningham as past examples.. sparky