Bartlett 5 game losing streak

trojan7000

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may or may not recall this, but I have predicted this for two years now. Bartlett had a couple of years of great talent come through and had two of its best teams in the history of the school. They were also two of the best teams in the state and country those two years, but it is not and will not be the case for the future. Bartlett is experiecing the same thing Germantown did for a while. There is no new growth in Bartlett, in fact most people are leaving Bartlett and moving out east. Germantown dwindled for a couple of years and in the past couple of years have fielded a pretty good team, but both of those school are in danger of seeing their baseball program go down drastically. Look at Arlington, they have greatly improved in the past couple of years. These are kids that might have transferred to Bartlett but the school and the city have too many negatives for parents to want to send their kids there. Bartlett is still a good team, but will steadily decline over the next decade. Wait and see.

You may or may not recall this, but I have predicted this for two years now. Bartlett had a couple of years of great talent come through and had two of its best teams in the history of the school. They were also two of the best teams in the state and country those two years, but it is not and will not be the case for the future. Bartlett is experiecing the same thing Germantown did for a while. There is no new growth in Bartlett, in fact most people are leaving Bartlett and moving out east. Germantown dwindled for a couple of years and in the past couple of years have fielded a pretty good team, but both of those school are in danger of seeing their baseball program go down drastically. Look at Arlington, they have greatly improved in the past couple of years. These are kids that might have transferred to Bartlett but the school and the city have too many negatives for parents to want to send their kids there. Bartlett is still a good team, but will steadily decline over the next decade. Wait and see.

You are right about that, they may have seen the best teams they will every have. But their is growth in bartlett but it is all north and east bartlett and the school boundries are that the kids either go to bolton or arlington, the bound for bartlett is so small they cant get any of the kids that move into the new subdivisions. That is what happen to the football team when arlington open and they change the boundries they lost so many kids that played together in the youth programs the it depleted the talent and it has made the football program suffer. The same will happen with baseball program until they change some of the school boundries. open enrollment is the only thing helping bartlett.

The thing that had me worried this year was startin pitching not much expierence in the varsity level. Daniel Wright and Sean Mellinger were the only starting pitchers and Taylor Morton was in relief last season.

The Mus game only had 3 runs with 4 hits to me that game just not enough runs and hits to beat Mus and BHS lost 6-3.

Hartselle game Bartlett was up 7-0 going into the top of 4th when Hartselle scored 9 runs of Starter Daniel Wright and he stayed in the whole inning. Hartselle is number 2 ranked in Alabama in there classification. Record 36-8

Cullman game - Pitchers duel Bartlett couldn't get a hit in that game only had 1 hit lost in 9 innings 1-0. Cullman ranked number 1 in there classification.

Collierville game- Bartlett only had 1 hit and couldn't pitch that good at all. Bartlett pitching had 6 walks in the very first inning.

Houston game- Bartlett up 4-2 going into the bottom of 4th and Houston just had 8 hits and 10 runs in that inning to take a lead 12-4.

To me Bartlett isn't getting the job done at the plate in some games and its also pitching.

Bartlett has a great Coach. Trust me, they will give Cordova and Arlington all they want in District. I believe they will make it to Region. They were wearing Farragut out and Hartselle, AL out before losing. They can hit.

The pitching seems to be the key to bartlett, they can hit but they have no depth in the pitching, most of their losses have been in the last inning they dont have a good closer. They are very inexperience at the pitching and that has been a very strong point in the teams that they have had in the past 3 to 4 yrs they could go 4 to 6 deep easy and with a team that could hit and the two senior pitchers they have this yeaar they are going to be in a world of hurt this year and next year. I havent seen the junior class having the pitching they need or from the jv from what i have seen. The road looks very rough for the panthers in the next few years. They need to pull a rabbit from the hat. Good Luck !!!

Shelby County has several very strong baseball teams this year and while Bartlett may not be dominant. The West Tn school i support has played some and been in tourney down there and seen some of them. It may be one of the strongest years overall in terms of lots of talent and it would seem very difficult for one or two or even three schools to dominate. Just an outsider's opinion.