Powell Spring of 09

FootballDad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a pretty good lineup for fall scrimmages. Anybody have any input on today's practice?

The offense looked much better today, but the defense still had the upper hand. From what I have seen early, the most important thing that can come out of this spring would be the emergence of some receivers who will take charge and go get the football. At this point, TP is the only receiver who has shown consistency at the WR spot, as he should having played as much on Friday nights over the last two seasons as he has. No matter who wins those other spots by the time all is said and done, the Panthers are going to be very young at that position either in age or varsity game experience.

Another observation is that it is obvious that the off season program went well. There appears to be more strength and speed on the field in spring practice than there was last fall. Once the baseball guys are back with the team, whether that be later in spring practice or in pre-season drills, that will even increase more.

I hope this team continues to work hard this summer beacuase you can tell the winter work-outs are paying off.

I don't see alot of stars on this team, but I do see some good football players, so if the Panthers can stay away from the injury bug and some of the young players get more exprience we should be fine.

Thought the defense looked good again today. D-line looks very soild with 5 or 6 deep. D. Logan Rb had a good day for the offense. We will need to improve the O-line an our WR play, but for the 2nd practice I would say another good day overall.

Anyone willing to post a few pictures of the new stadium construction?

There is nothing to post at this point, other than bare land. The old structure has been leveled and hauled away. The new stadium components have yet to be delivered. As soon as they are, the construction will begin on the new structure.

There is nothing to post at this point, other than bare land. The old structure has been leveled and hauled away. The new stadium components have yet to be delivered. As soon as they are, the construction will begin on the new structure.

If I understand correctly, the plan is to have the new stadium ready for the home opener, which is the last Friday of August. While that is still 3 and a half months away, is there any concern that it may not be ready by then?

If I understand correctly, the plan is to have the new stadium ready for the home opener, which is the last Friday of August. While that is still 3 and a half months away, is there any concern that it may not be ready by then?

None that I have heard. From what I understand the projected finish date in the contract was mid-July, so even with the rain issues we've had there is still over a full month buffer built in. Besides, most construction contracts now have a penalty for late completion and a bonus for early completion, so there is likely a incentive for the construction company to come at least on time, if not early.

None that I have heard. From what I understand the projected finish date in the contract was mid-July, so even with the rain issues we've had there is still over a full month buffer built in. Besides, most construction contracts now have a penalty for late completion and a bonus for early completion, so there is likely a incentive for the construction company to come at least on time, if not early.

Good to hear that the planned end date is mid-July. That definitely gives them a buffer, just in case. HTV, as far as you know, is there going to be a stadium dedication or anything like that, once the stadium is completed?

I don't know many but I know of a few that goes there.. However, I know one by the name of Bernard Walker, he say he's going to be the starting QB next year. I know he's just talking out of his rear but I'm just asking will he see the field this year? He wears my cousin old number #4, so I told him he better wear that number and then be a lame player. My cousin played in the early 90's he was on a team with Rudy and your head coach Matt Lowe.

Next player is Andre Coffer..... You know his daddy and uncle was outstanding players at Rule therefore football runs his blood will he see the field this year?

I remember your cousin. His last name was Clark and he would come and stop by sometimes back when I played. He was a great OLB and RB on the undefeated 90 team and championship game team in 91.

Good to hear that the planned end date is mid-July. That definitely gives them a buffer, just in case. HTV, as far as you know, is there going to be a stadium dedication or anything like that, once the stadium is completed?

I don't believe those plans have been finalized yet.