Farragut/Maryville

dins8

I think the Quote mentioned above, if it even is a quote from Coach Wallie was a New Formation, nothing about a new lineup. I played for Coach Wallie and he is always trying things new and obviously his record shows he is more right than wrong about his approach. Your words come close to dissing on Coach as making excuses and he would be the first to tell you he doesn't make them!!!!!! , So, if you are going to think now your smart enough to say maybe Coach was lying about formations ...Then you should Keep your opnions to yourself................Big G I am calling TnFutbolfan out,for being naive, But I didn't call him what I wanted to call him

Lion101 for once I agree with 100% of what you are saying

Tnfutbolfan YOU are out of line with your opinion, I think Big G would agree Culbreth is a class act, and you are treading in bad territory

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good gosh. This is a spat over absolutely nothing. Treading on bad territory? Yikes...I have goosebumps. What does that mean? Is tnfutbol in danger of getting tickled to death? All he said was that he didn't buy the new lineup/formation/whatever. Who cares? It wasn't like he called Culbreth a "poo-poo face." He never vilified Culbreth in any way--not for his integrity or his class or anything else.

Lion and On the Pitch, you know I think the utmost of Coach Culbreth. I actually do think he was trying a different type of formation (he has talked about it before). I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful to Maryville by trying to run it against them, actually, he may have been showing them some respect by trying it on a good squad to see if it would work.

I also don't think that TNfutbolfan was trying to bust on coach Culbreth, but trying to defend his opinion that Maryville played a good game and gave a good fight.

Again, like Lion did with my post, I think we sometimes read too much into what we write. I am just as guilty as the rest. Let's all take a deep breath and take a step back.

Wish I could have seen this one. Akula had to give me updates.

I think the Quote mentioned above, if it even is a quote from Coach Wallie was a New Formation, nothing about a new lineup. I played for Coach Wallie and he is always trying things new and obviously his record shows he is more right than wrong about his approach. Your words come close to dissing on Coach as making excuses and he would be the first to tell you he doesn't make them!!!!!! , So, if you are going to think now your smart enough to say maybe Coach was lying about formations ...Then you should Keep your opnions to yourself................Big G I am calling TnFutbolfan out,for being naive, But I didn't call him what I wanted to call him

WOAH, ease up there Lion. Thought this board was to post decent conversations with a few opinions sprinkled in. I apologize if I came across as dissing anyone. It's obvious I used the wrong word choice when applying the ???quotes???; line-up instead of formation. Anyone who has been around Farragut soccer for any period of time is familiar with Culbreth's tactics and coaching style (i.e."...always trying things..."). My point in referring to not buying what was quoted was only based on the offensive scoring struggles as of late. Maybe I was the only one reading too much into it, but your right, he always tweaks the line-up and has been all year and will not stop as he continues to try to maximize talent/results. 9-1-2 and undefeated in District/TN is pretty impressive considering the talent that left with last year??™s senior class. One may say this year??™s team is over performing as much as last year's under performed and by under perform, I only mean exiting from tournament earlier than a lot of people expected (I think someone actually did say something to this affect in an earlier post). Farragut will continue to win, ugly by some standards, but a win is a win.

Lion and On the Pitch, you know I think the utmost of Coach Culbreth. I actually do think he was trying a different type of formation (he has talked about it before). I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful to Maryville by trying to run it against them, actually, he may have been showing them some respect by trying it on a good squad to see if it would work.

I also don't think that TNfutbolfan was trying to bust on coach Culbreth, but trying to defend his opinion that Maryville played a good game and gave a good fight.

Again, like Lion did with my post, I think we sometimes read too much into what we write. I am just as guilty as the rest. Let's all take a deep breath and take a step back.

Wish I could have seen this one. Akula had to give me updates.

Big G, always taking the high road! Your interpretation is correct. Thank you.

Good gosh. This is a spat over absolutely nothing. Treading on bad territory? Yikes...I have goosebumps. What does that mean? Is tnfutbol in danger of getting tickled to death? All he said was that he didn't buy the new lineup/formation/whatever. Who cares? It wasn't like he called Culbreth a "poo-poo face." He never vilified Culbreth in any way--not for his integrity or his class or anything else.

Goosebumps, I felt them too, but realize now I really need to proof tone and content to avoid perceptions of attacks. Thanks!

now I really need to proof tone and content to avoid perceptions of attacks. Thanks!

That's why it always takes me so long to post... I type and re-type, and still sometimes don't say it correctly!

Dins, you make me laugh... you said "poo poo face" on a post. Classic.

That's why it always takes me so long to post... I type and re-type, and still sometimes don't say it correctly!

Dins, you make me laugh... you said "poo poo face" on a post. Classic.

Now, would "poo poo face" be flagged by an APA or MLA format for all the english teachers out there?

And, I have to agree that typing and speaking our two different beasts, so we all make mistakes. But, on the subject of the actual match, Culbreth had mentioned looking at some new things when a chance prevents itself, obviously didn't work and he went back to his previous system and Maryville still brought it. He made no excuses, and I don't want you guys think I am accusing you of accusing him of making excuses, if that makes sense. These teams may get another chance at each other in 3 weeks, which would be another great matchup.

Maybe I never should have posted the quote.... That would have been easier than all this arguing. I guess I was in the wrong on this one..

Ihavenofriendz, you are correct and should not feel bad about the post, just some useless arguing. They were trying out last years 4-3-3 at the game. It didnt work and they went back to their normal formation later in the game. Cant wait for tonights game