West @ Farragut

winner123

any updates in this one???

F applying pressure all game, at times looking patient with controlled passes.

W appeared to only play to a streaking Jack, unable to really manufacture a coordinated attack.

2 mins in, Greico long throw-in thru Bogachon??™s hands into net, unlucky.

17 mins in, long pass through ball to a waiting Jack at the 45 yrd line. Really not sure if he was on-side, he actually looked like he was a good 5yrds ahead of Muthe (I probably missed a deflection), anyways, a 35 yrd sprint and 1-1 with keeper, tied it up.

19 mins in Carlos "taps-in" from 7 yds out after a ricochet pass to his feet.

Yellow to Jack less 1 min in half, dissension since it was a dead ball foul. Trevor tripped up just outside of box, had control was taking ball to the net, sideline ref waves flag. Direct kick Marshall to Stitton header to lower left corner snuck it by keeper.

3-1 F at half (Keeper change for F, during halftime warm-up looked like trainer working on hip).

2nd half F came out with a purpose and intense pressure; three chances in matter of minutes couldn't capitalize. Pretty much a quiet half after that until last 10 mins, but more on that a bit later.

West had a nice direct kick about 20 mins left from midfield tipped over bar by keeper. Nice boot.

West 2nd yellow to Laisom (sp?) for dissension while F setting up for a corner.

10 minutes left, back to back direct kicks as W is now applying some pressure.

5 mins left another W direct kick, 35 yds out keeper and four F defenders collide, no red shirts in immediate area, but ball pops loose and W(?) kicks it in (possibly even own goal can't be sure). 3-2

Fast break F Wayman called for obstruction (or grabbed shirt, unsure) at the 20, yellow card. Jack awesome curling kick, good save by F keeper.

Another W direct kick 30 yds out, 2:30 left, Wally given yellow for arguing.

Intense last 10 mins.

Another W yellow to #15 for hard obstruction on F fast break 35 yds out. Direct kick over top. Final 3-2.

Game was a lot closer than it should have been. F looking like a team possessed at times, but unsure the next. Clearly they control play, dominate possession, but they let their guard down and allow opponents stay with them. I tell you, if Tanner was not sitting out with his red card, in the way this game was played, he would have made a difference.

Hope I didn't offend anyone /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tnfutbolfan...who are you? You should become a plus member (it is only 24 dollars a year); that way you can shoot PMs back and forth. Think about it, and, if you do become a member, please PM me.

Great game by both sides! I would add comments, but tnfubol was spot on. One disagreement....Tanner--as good as he is--wouldn't have been the game changer. Farragut is an outstanding side!

tnfutbolfan...who are you? You should become a plus member (it is only 24 dollars a year); that way you can shoot PMs back and forth. Think about it, and, if you do become a member, please PM me.

Great game by both sides! I would add comments, but tnfubol was spot on. One disagreement....Tanner--as good as he is--wouldn't have been the game changer. Farragut is an outstanding side!

Dins, I hear you, but my point about him being a factor was only in regards to how close the game ended up being score wise and the pressure W applied in the last 10 minutes. All else being the same/equal, I felt his talent could have been the catalyst pushing W over the edge (hence the "made a difference" comment). They'll likely meet again in regions, and both teams will make adjustments.

By the way anyone notice F running afterwards? Not something they normally do after a game. Got the impression coach not real happy with play, but as mentioned before, and ugly win is still a win!

I was real glad to see Bogachan in net. Heard he still had stitches, but from the stands he looked good.

Regarding plus member, never really gave it much thought, but will consider it.

... Fast break F Wayman called for obstruction (or grabbed shirt, unsure) at the 20, yellow card. ...

Check out this link from a Farragut parent. Only 12 secs long, but I don't see anything worthy of a foul or a yellow card. Not sure what ref saw.

If link doesn't work search FHS vs West on YouTube. Also click the HD for clearer feed.

Check out this link from a Farragut parent. Only 12 secs long, but I don't see anything worthy of a foul or a yellow card. Not sure what ref saw.

If link doesn't work search FHS vs West on YouTube. Also click the HD for clearer feed.

well in soccer when a player is through to goal and is fouled a yellow card is the least severe punishment the defender should receive

well in soccer when a player is through to goal and is fouled a yellow card is the least severe punishment the defender should receive

Agree. I was there but really didn't see the play, just after the whistle was blown, so can't comment other than to say, ref made the call and McCoy made the best of the situation with a very good direct kick. Two teams should meet again, this time full strength for West.

Rewatch this link....WHo hooked who??? Seems McCoy lost the race and made an arm issue out of it and won with the referee............. West is good but as I said last year I have NEVER seen a team of whiners( ususally McCoy and Tanner) Tanner can make a difference but not enough to beat Farragut. I would be careful for wishing a rematch West Fans it would be the end of your run