Kingsport DB

sfan

ya thats what i head too...SH will always be tough but suppossedly DB went to clemson this summer and played against some good competition...many ppl are underestimating them but look for them to do good...i also heard a freshman might be moving up...a guard im pretty sure but he sounds pretty good from what ive heard

I would think a freshman moving up would be unusual but not unprecedented. I believe Jordan Edwards played varsity as a freshman and others probably have as well. You are probably referring to Devon Swafford. He is one of the best young guards I have seen in the area in the last few years. He should have a very bright future in the Tribe basketball program.

What is South working with this year?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya thats what i head too...SH will always be tough but suppossedly DB went to clemson this summer and played against some good competition...many ppl are underestimating them but look for them to do good...i also heard a freshman might be moving up...a guard im pretty sure but he sounds pretty good from what ive heard

I would think a freshman moving up would be unusual but not unprecedented. I believe Jordan Edwards played varsity as a freshman and others probably have as well. You are probably referring to Devon Swafford. He is one of the best young guards I have seen in the area in the last few years. He should have a very bright future in the Tribe basketball program.

What is South working with this year?

Eight returning Srs. all with varsity experience, three of which are returning starters. The critical PG position will be manned by Bailee Dick who has started there for 3 yrs.

• 3 weeks later...
How has the big 9 conference changed this year? Is East leaving the only change?

It will be the same except no East, Gabby. South will still play them home/away non-conference I imagine. Others will have the same option or choose to play someone else. What will Science Hill's roster look like with all the young players coming on?

There is still a while to go before the season starts and who knows what the coaches are thinking. With that said, I expect the team to have a 6'6" freshman post and a 6'3" sophmore post. The wings will be a 6'2"/6'3" sophmore and a 6'1" junior. The point guard will be a senior. I expect SH to run the other teams to death, since SH doesn't lose much when they go to the bench.

They have a 6'3" senior and a 6'5" junior post that are probably second team on the depth chart. In addition, there are two sophmore 6'2"/6'3" posts that will see some playing time. They have a couple of junior wings, a couple of sophmore wings, and probably a couple of freshmen wings that will see playing time. I'm not sure who will give the senior point guard a break yet.

SH is deep, but young. This year will be interesting, because you never know how young kids are going to react. I expect them to make some mistakes early, but look for them to become more confident as the year wears on.

• 1 month later...

I haven't heard too much from the Big 8 lately. I guess everyone is involved with football. Congratulations to all the good teams, good coaches, and good players in the district this year. That said, I am looking forward to basketball. Only a couple of weeks until the jamboree.