Berean vs. Gibbs Predictions?

bmunich

I think Berean has a respectable offense, but not extraordinary by any means. I think their defense is lacking behind their offense. I saw Berean have 11 offsides in one half, and still more in the second half. Playing like that against any respectable team will most likely result in close to no attempts at goal. So, with Gibbs' much more then capable goalie, I don't think Berean can find too many of their shots in the net, if they can get many off.

Gibbs-2

Berean-1

I think Berean has a respectable offense, but not extraordinary by any means. I think their defense is lacking behind their offense. I saw Berean have 11 offsides in one half, and still more in the second half. Playing like that against any respectable team will most likely result in close to no attempts at goal. So, with Gibbs' much more then capable goalie, I don't think Berean can find too many of their shots in the net, if they can get many off.

Gibbs-2

Berean-1

Which game were they off 11....if I remember it was against Harriman and they scored 10??? and your right they were called off about 11... 5 may have been correct...now Harriman is not as good as Gibbs for sure so goals/shots will be hard to get...

Anything for you sportsnut....Berean came out ready to play right off the bat. They played to feet and played some fast-paced one-touch soccer which led to 3 goals in about 20 minutes. The forwards were very unselfish tonight and played some very good soccer. The first goal was off a beautiful cross sent in from Jordan Grindell and finished very nicely by freshman Isaac Jordan. The second and third goals were well worked one-on-one goals by Baxter and Grindell. Gibbs scored on a free kick right before half. The first half played out 3-1 Berean. The defense stepped up for Berean tonight. The second half was a little slower for Berean in the beginning and Gibbs had some chances but the keeper made some quality saves and the defense stepped up. It was a back and forth game for much of the second half. About half way through the second, Baxter had a rip from about 25 that ended up going through the keeper's legs. The keeper should have stopped it, but the ball was hit with pace and had a wicked dip on it. Both teams played good soccer the whole game but Gibbs did not capitalize on their chances. The Gibbs keeper is a very good keeper, Berean just put it to em tonight.

Anything for you sportsnut....Berean came out ready to play right off the bat. They played to feet and played some fast-paced one-touch soccer which led to 3 goals in about 20 minutes. The forwards were very unselfish tonight and played some very good soccer. The first goal was off a beautiful cross sent in from Jordan Grindell and finished very nicely by freshman Isaac Jordan. The second and third goals were well worked one-on-one goals by Baxter and Grindell. Gibbs scored on a free kick right before half. The first half played out 3-1 Berean. The defense stepped up for Berean tonight. The second half was a little slower for Berean in the beginning and Gibbs had some chances but the keeper made some quality saves and the defense stepped up. It was a back and forth game for much of the second half. About half way through the second, Baxter had a rip from about 25 that ended up going through the keeper's legs. The keeper should have stopped it, but the ball was hit with pace and had a wicked dip on it. Both teams played good soccer the whole game but Gibbs did not capitalize on their chances. The Gibbs keeper is a very good keeper, Berean just put it to em tonight.

Sounds good. Thanks for the recap. I especially like the third person references /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You guys played Alcoa yet?

You are pretty close on your analysis, but a bit understated with "not capitalizing on chances"...you could say that. How about 9 times in the second half the ball was on the ground inside of 10 yards and scored none of them. Gibbs has struggled to finish but this episode was one of the worst. Gibbs also wasted 6 free kicks inside of 25 yards away. Berean boys played hard and deliberate, but the team work was a profile of who they are. Great job boys.