Win #500 for Oak Ridge

WillieTheWildcat

Friday night's victory was win # 500 for the Oak Ridge football program :( This is the Wildcats 60th season of football. The all time record is now 500 - 135 - 11.

Yesterday, "simocleo" posted a message asking for some details on last Friday's Bradley Central vs Oak Ridge game...

Oak Ridge junior Daley Thompson (6-0, 165) recorded 2 interceptions and almost picked off a third. Oak Ridge had another INT nullified by a questionable pass interference call :) Bradley rushed for 134 yards and recorded 102 receiving yards on 8 - 29 attempts.

Junior Corey Booker rushed for 182 yards on 14 carries with 2 TDs and now has almost 350 yards and 5 TDs after two games for Oak Ridge :) Booker's 70 yard scoring dash with 3 minutes left to play in the game sealed the win. Freshman Spencer Gulmire ran 42 yards for a score early in the fourth quarter. It was his only carry in the game. Gulmire, starts at linebacker, which is the only reason I can think of for him not getting more playing time on offense. Also running well for Oak Ridge was Daryl Davidson (85 yards on 11 carries). Davidson ran the ball hard and his effort seemed to fire up the team at various points in the contest :)

On the downside for Oak Ridge, penalties played a major role during Bradley's only scoring drive.

Oak Ridge is now 1 - 1 on the season and 1 - 0 in Region 2-AAAAA. Region 2-5A appears to be very balanced this season with McMinn County (2-0, 2-0 in 2-5A) possibly playing the best football at this point.

;)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge's FANS are no where to be found now. If Oak Ridge loses, the detractors are quick to get on here and bash the coaches. Since they won the threads are not even popular. Perhaps the detractors were not real fans anyway. Thanks Willie for posting something positive about Oak Ridge, even if everyone won't read it, let alone post on the subject.

GO WILDCATS!

deialways,

Why are you looking for Oak Ridge FANS? Weren't they (the FANS) at the game Friday night?

Do you think the detractors are going to get on here and bash the coaches if they win? What would that accomplish?

Leave well enough alone. However, if you persist in picking the scab, I'm sure some "detractor" will see your post and all the bashing will start up again... then you can blame yourself for stirring it all up - again!

What do you have to say now that Oak Ridge is winning? Good post Willie. I knew they would win. I am happy Cory Booker came back with a good game. Go Wildcats!!!!!!!!:D

Posted by ohreally:

deialways,

Why are you looking for Oak Ridge FANS? Weren't they (the FANS) at the game Friday night?

Do you think the detractors are going to get on here and bash the coaches if they win? What would that accomplish?

Leave well enough alone. However, if you persist in picking the scab, I'm sure some "detractor" will see your post and all the bashing will start up again... then you can blame yourself for stirring it all up - again!

What does "deialways" mean?

Posted by deialways:

Oak Ridge's FANS are no where to be found now. If Oak Ridge loses, the detractors are quick to get on here and bash the coaches. Since they won the threads are not even popular. Perhaps the detractors were not real fans anyway. Thanks Willie for posting something positive about Oak Ridge, even if everyone won't read it, let alone post on the subject.

GO WILDCATS!

[Edited by finalsay on 9-9-02 8:16A]

Chill deialways, just because you aren't invited to the victory party doesn't mean there wasn't one.

Where have you been?

Great Job WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by deialways:

ohreally,

I am not trying to stir anything up. I was only making the observation that if the detractors were only doing what they have done "for the kids", why aren't they here now rejoicing in the kid's victory?

Delaware = DE ........surely not ;)

Posted by finalsay:

What does "deialways" mean?

Posted by deialways:

GO WILDCATS!

[Edited by finalsay on 9-9-02 8:16A]