Carter And Alcoa!

Tnac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That might have been the most exciting first 15 mins of soccer I have ever been a part of as a coach. As stated before, Mark scored on a nasty free kick that he dropped under the bar/over our wall, not quite sure how the physics worked out on that one. Sam tied it for us on a pretty nasty rip from about 35 out within a min or 2 to tie it up. Adam then had a great finish. Had me thinking this was going to be a marathon and the defender in me was hating it. I know its fun for fans, but I hate 5-5 matches. Both defenses did settle down and the game was played alot more in the midfield with probing runs by both teams. We finally tied it up with about 15 left and just couldn't find the net after that. Hats off to Carter, I have seen posts about a poor defense, well, tonight they got back in numbers, even saw Mark roaming the middle on set pieces, and huslted their tails off for 80 mins. I give them alot of credit. It was an awesome match and all of the finishing was incredible.

With the Tie, Carter will receive the #1 seed for the district if they win out. Alcoa will be #2 if they win out.

So congrats to the hornets soccer team, you earned the right to be #1 for district tournament.

Akula,

You have got a great team. They are obviously very well coached (congrats to your asst coachses - HA!) It was a great game. Your team plays exceptionally hard with with a lot of class and skill. Sam Thompson had one of finest goals in that first half...He had some mustard on that ball. And Derrick Brodus, he is a special player. Thanks for your hospitality tonight...you, your players, parents,and fans were great!

Man, I wish I could have made it to this one. Even though I loathe ties, it sounds like an intense match. Akula, you mentioned that it is the whole Carter squad that a team has to prepare for, and I agree with you totally. I had gone to watch them scrimmage Clinton before the season and honestly wasn't very impressed. Even watching the warmups at the Seymour game, however, I began to get a little worried. They have an entire team of skillful players. Grigsby's speed can give defenders fits and adding a player like Mark into the mix gives the Hornets that ultimate threat. Sitting in the stands it's almost a helpless feeling because you know that he can score virtually at will. I don't know Mark so I'm not speaking from experience, but I hope that all of this well-deserved hype doesn't go to his head and that he excels at the next level. Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game, and I can't wait for tournament time!

Man, I wish I could have made it to this one. Even though I loathe ties, it sounds like an intense match. Akula, you mentioned that it is the whole Carter squad that a team has to prepare for, and I agree with you totally. I had gone to watch them scrimmage Clinton before the season and honestly wasn't very impressed. Even watching the warmups at the Seymour game, however, I began to get a little worried. They have an entire team of skillful players. Grigsby's speed can give defenders fits and adding a player like Mark into the mix gives the Hornets that ultimate threat. Sitting in the stands it's almost a helpless feeling because you know that he can score virtually at will. I don't know Mark so I'm not speaking from experience, but I hope that all of this well-deserved hype doesn't go to his head and that he excels at the next level. Congratulations to both teams on a hard fought game, and I can't wait for tournament time!

I grew up with Mark, and he is one of the most humble guys I know. His best attribute is that he makes the players around him better. He's definitely a team first guy.

Sorry Akula, I wasn't sure what exactly what went on. If something did happen hopefully it was nothing serious. Again, great game

Nothing too serious, just takes a guy a few minutes to recover from that one. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />