Carter And Alcoa!

Tnac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my source at the game it was 1-1 four minutes in (don't know how they scored). He then said that Mark scored a beauty to make it 2-1 with 20 minutes left in the first half. He said it was a really good game. And no, my source isn't Akula. He doesn't text in his own games...

According to my source at the game it was 1-1 four minutes in (don't know how they scored). He then said that Mark scored a beauty to make it 2-1 with 20 minutes left in the first half. He said it was a really good game. And no, my source isn't Akula. He doesn't text in his own games...

Wow sounds like defenses better buckle down for the second half. Looks like this game could go to the 5-5 type score at the rate they are going.

Your source was incorrect /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, Mark scored the first goal, then Sam Thompson for Alcoa tied it. then #10 had a very nice goal to take the lead. Second half, number 12 on alcoa (cant spell his name) had a sweet goal to tie it up. This was a very good game. Very intense. Freshman Austin Stone had a free kick go just wide. Mark had a free kick that just missed from about 35 out as well. Carter looked tired about half way through the second half. Alcoa had some great runs from their outside back (#6 maybe?) that lead to crosses. Alcoa played very well as a team. Congrats to both coaches on a great game with two classy, good teams.

I'm sure my "source" was correct... it's the old coach that got it wrong (I was busy playing Super Smash Brothers, and got a little distracted).

Heard Mark's free kick was quite nasty!

Peanut, if you are who I think you are, I am sure we will talk about it soon!

Well, boy was I wrong. Oh well. I think that puts Carter in the #1 spot. I guess that means Alcoa gets to face Seymour again; unless something unexpected happens. Peanut, give coach G some slack. Any man that plays video games at his age has tendencies to get a bit confused. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> At least he isn't into Pokemon!

Well, boy was I wrong. Oh well. I think that puts Carter in the #1 spot. I guess that means Alcoa gets to face Seymour again; unless something unexpected happens. Peanut, give coach G some slack. Any man that plays video games at his age has tendencies to get a bit confused. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> At least he isn't into Pokemon!

Elmer, we have GOT to meet. You know where I will be tomorrow... stop by and say hello after the game (I assume you will be there).

Congrats to both teams. Heard it was a fantastic match. As Peanut said, two very classy teams, with great coaches.

That might have been the most exciting first 15 mins of soccer I have ever been a part of as a coach. As stated before, Mark scored on a nasty free kick that he dropped under the bar/over our wall, not quite sure how the physics worked out on that one. Sam tied it for us on a pretty nasty rip from about 35 out within a min or 2 to tie it up. Adam then had a great finish. Had me thinking this was going to be a marathon and the defender in me was hating it. I know its fun for fans, but I hate 5-5 matches. Both defenses did settle down and the game was played alot more in the midfield with probing runs by both teams. We finally tied it up with about 15 left and just couldn't find the net after that. Hats off to Carter, I have seen posts about a poor defense, well, tonight they got back in numbers, even saw Mark roaming the middle on set pieces, and huslted their tails off for 80 mins. I give them alot of credit. It was an awesome match and all of the finishing was incredible.

With the Tie, Carter will receive the #1 seed for the district if they win out. Alcoa will be #2 if they win out.

So congrats to the hornets soccer team, you earned the right to be #1 for district tournament.

Very classy Akula. The game was great but there were a couple of things that troubled me. The first goal for Carter shouldn't have been. I hate to harp on bad officiating but that call was very iffy, but it was still a beautiful kick by mark. The other thing, which really bothered me was I thought I saw a Carter step on an Alcoa player's leg (Brodus I believe) intentionally (I believe), and I hate seeing that. Apparently the ref didn't see it, so there was no call, which was even more frustrating. So take it for what it's worth. Nevertheless it was a great game.