Lady Cougars Softball Benefit Game

forkayla02

LADY COUGARS SOFTBALL BENEFIT GAME

Lady Cougars VS Rossview

Thursday April 23, 2009

J.V. Game begins at 5:30pm

Varsity Game begins at 7:00 pm

Dickson High School Softball Field!

This game is played in Honor of Kayla Cantrell, former Lady Cougar; with a portion of the proceeds going to Team KISS for Relay for Life American Cancer Society. Team KISS is a group of Kayla's best girlfriends' raising money in her memory for the American Cancer Soceity.

*Neon Pink is encouraged for this game as this was Kayla's favorite color along with Neon Green!

Kayla loved Softball as much as the air she breathed! Please support us in honoring her memory , The Lady Cougars, and The Lady Hawks in this special game!

The Lady Hawks are excited to help with this great cause. We have always had a great relationship with Dickson County Lady Cougars and their coaches and feel honored to be a part of this event. The Lady Hawks will wear white jersey's with Pink numbers in honor of Kayla. Even though this is always a very important district game on the field, we know after the game whoever wins, both teams will always remember this day.

I tried to insert a picture of the Pink Ribbon on our Jerseys but could not figure it out. So maybe one of the newspapers will come and give some great coverage.

It was a great evening of softball and a wonderful turnout and support of the KISS Relay for Life Team. We appreciate everyone's genorsity. Rossview Lady Hawks .... a class act! Congratulations to the Lady Cougars for a win for Kayla!

It was a very special night for everyone there. Kayla's mom came and talked to the Rossview team and thanked them for all they had done over the past couple of years in Kayla's honor. The girls were very moved and thankful for her kind words. The girls from both sides looked great in their pink uniforms and even Shane and Bert look good in pink. It was another typical Rossview/Dickson game coming down to the wire and Dickson winning a 1 run game. I think one of the Lady Hawks said it best after the game to us when she said, "Coach, I never want to lose but if we had to lose this was the night and this was the team I would lose to." And as a coach and competitor I have to say I agree. I think in some ways Dickson had a 10th player on the field last night and she and her team deserved that game. Dickson played hard, Rossview played hard, but Dickson was the better team last night. Should be another great district tournament this year in District 10AAA. I hope someone has a picture that was taken of both teams at the pitcher's mound last night to share with the readers on here, it was a great picture.

It was a very special night for everyone there. Kayla's mom came and talked to the Rossview team and thanked them for all they had done over the past couple of years in Kayla's honor. The girls were very moved and thankful for her kind words. The girls from both sides looked great in their pink uniforms and even Shane and Bert look good in pink. It was another typical Rossview/Dickson game coming down to the wire and Dickson winning a 1 run game. I think one of the Lady Hawks said it best after the game to us when she said, "Coach, I never want to lose but if we had to lose this was the night and this was the team I would lose to." And as a coach and competitor I have to say I agree. I think in some ways Dickson had a 10th player on the field last night and she and her team deserved that game. Dickson played hard, Rossview played hard, but Dickson was the better team last night. Should be another great district tournament this year in District 10AAA. I hope someone has a picture that was taken of both teams at the pitcher's mound last night to share with the readers on here, it was a great picture.

I just saw a picture of the nights game with Rossview and Dickson at the high schools home site.

On behalf of Team KISS, I would like to Thank ALL who helped make this night possible; Coaches, Players, Parents!! It was by far the best Relay event we've had in the 3 years that we've been relaying!!! In my opinion this was the best dedication she's had by far...It ment alot to us!!

** I have pictures, but I also have no idea how to upload them to here??

I just saw a picture of the nights game with Rossview and Dickson at the high schools home site.

Picking up from a previous post regarding good programs and websites...someone is doing a nice job with Dickson's site as well.

http://www.eteamz.com/DCLadyCougarSoftball/ should take you to the photo.

First time seeing these two teams play this year and they both have a lot of talent. Dickson was able to overcome 5 or 6 fielding errors to bring in a big district win on a very special night. I am not 100% sure, but I heard someone say that this district now has a 4-way tie for 1st place going into the last week of regualr season play.

And yes...as someone commented, I also witnessed good solid ball, good fans and a lot of class from both schools.

Good luck to both programs in the final week of play and hope to see both schools participating in post season.

Wow!!!! What a night of emotions. Thank you Rossview for playing a huge role in such a memorable event for us. You guys more than anyone were able to see Kayla when she was in her prime and know what a tremendous asset she was to our team not only as a player but a wonderful person. It was meant to be a night about Kayla (although she wouldn't want it to be) and its my bet, she holding her head pretty high right now.