T-TOWN has a COACH! Praise BE!

onpoint

The article concerning the hiring of evidently a very good science teacher and a very qualified girls basketball coach is very encouraging. How this connection was made is very encouraging. This cioach seems, in the past, to have the ability to encourage student/athletes to reach higher levels of play for their school and be able to motivate them to do their best. Now its up to the students and parents to accept his guidence both in the schoolroom and in the gym. Good luck Coach Jobe and Good luck Tullahoma High school.

The article concerning the hiring of evidently a very good science teacher and a very qualified girls basketball coach is very encouraging. How this connection was made is very encouraging. This cioach seems, in the past, to have the ability to encourage student/athletes to reach higher levels of play for their school and be able to motivate them to do their best. Now its up to the students and parents to accept his guidence both in the schoolroom and in the gym. Good luck Coach Jobe and Good luck Tullahoma High school.

It is encouraging. Time to rock n roll into a new season with what hopefully is a prosperous stay for both Coach Jobe and the girls! Now to just get some middle school coaches who have aspirations to win! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He hasnt coached in years. I give it 2 years. Geno couldnt win in Tullahoma.

If Geno was the last coach, and this happens again, something is wrong. Either the AD knows nothing about hiring a Basketball Coach, which is likely not possible, or something else is going on within THS. This many coaches, in basketball, in a short time at THS is a red flag. Wingman may know but there either is no support internally or outside influences are causing problems. There is room for Girls Basketball at THS who allows students from other Districts to go to school there if they pay the price. Or Do what you seem to have been doing, get them to move and send them to Shelbyville. Don't think this is not being seen just by this poster. But if only few are concerned, what difference does it matter. Muckle, at Coffee will just swallow you up when he catches on and gets them to transfer to Coffee County.

• 2 weeks later...

If Geno was the last coach, and this happens again, something is wrong. Either the AD knows nothing about hiring a Basketball Coach, which is likely not possible, or something else is going on within THS. This many coaches, in basketball, in a short time at THS is a red flag. Wingman may know but there either is no support internally or outside influences are causing problems. There is room for Girls Basketball at THS who allows students from other Districts to go to school there if they pay the price. Or Do what you seem to have been doing, get them to move and send them to Shelbyville. Don't think this is not being seen just by this poster. But if only few are concerned, what difference does it matter. Muckle, at Coffee will just swallow you up when he catches on and gets them to transfer to Coffee County.

PH, I think you're off base on this one. Most of the time I agree with what you have to say. But, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that Tullahoma is getting girls to move to Tullahoma just to be swept away by Shelbyville? No one that I know of in the last 6 or 7 years has moved to play in Tullahoma and then been gobbled up by the program in Shelbyville. I can only think of two girls that have moved from Tullahoma to Shelbyville and neither ended their career there. Both of those girls started their basketball in Tullahoma. We've only had one girl in that time frame move to Tullahoma to play and she did end her career here.

On the other hand, I haven't seen an exodus to Coffee County from Tullahoma either. I'm just not sure where you're getting your info.

I still think Tullahoma is very capable of competing if we get a good coach in that is willing to promote the program and keep as many girls as possible interested in the program. Oh yeah, the administration will have to keep him/her around for more that a couple of years.

PH, I think you're off base on this one. Most of the time I agree with what you have to say. But, if I'm reading this correctly, you're saying that Tullahoma is getting girls to move to Tullahoma just to be swept away by Shelbyville? No one that I know of in the last 6 or 7 years has moved to play in Tullahoma and then been gobbled up by the program in Shelbyville. I can only think of two girls that have moved from Tullahoma to Shelbyville and neither ended their career there. Both of those girls started their basketball in Tullahoma. We've only had one girl in that time frame move to Tullahoma to play and she did end her career here.

On the other hand, I haven't seen an exodus to Coffee County from Tullahoma either. I'm just not sure where you're getting your info.

I still think Tullahoma is very capable of competing if we get a good coach in that is willing to promote the program and keep as many girls as possible interested in the program. Oh yeah, the administration will have to keep him/her around for more that a couple of years.

I will have to say that I am likely wrong but how can a very prestigious school district which Tullahoma is in next to Bedford, who houses Shelbyville, wind up at this point with their girls basketball program in this shape. Osmosis would allow there to be some simularity. Look at some look alikes as far as County Basketball programs are concerned. With a great deal of respect, something is going on here and as soon as Coffee is able to make a move, unless Tullahoma clears things up, what is the incentive at Tullahoma which is a great area for all girls sports to generate interest.

Again, with more than respect for the fans there and I do realize the softball, soccer connections, numerous people watching the play of girls basketball there have tried to figure it out and it is more than a coach and just a few parents wanting success.

• 2 weeks later...

:

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />