AAU STATE ALL AGES

12U:

Pool A - 1) Team Pride 2) TN Trotters

Pool B - 1) TN Glory 2) KGC Pride

Championship: Team Pride vs. TN Glory winner TEAM PRIDE

Third Place: TN Trotters vs. KGC Pride winner KGC Pride

I don't believe that the Memphis Teams have been tested and are ready for this type of competitiveness except TN Glory. Memphis Elite - Holmes could squeak into the third place game if they can squeak by the Trotters who are playing good ball right now.

I just don't see any of the teams spoiling last year's match of TN Glory vs. Team Pride. Pride dominated the Glory last year and in the Substate this year, and you can expect the same in the State Finals this year.

KGC Pride 12U defeated Memphis Elite by 8 points, and were up by 21 at one point against the Glory and ended up winning by 8 and also defeated Team Pride B by 30 this afternoon. KGC #1 seed coming out of pool B. Playing outstanding basketball. Keep it up girls.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KGC Pride 12U defeated Memphis Elite by 8 points, and were up by 21 at one point against the Glory and ended up winning by 8 and also defeated Team Pride B by 30 this afternoon. KGC #1 seed coming out of pool B. Playing outstanding basketball. Keep it up girls.

KGC Lady Pride 12U just beat Memphis Elite in OT in the semifinals. Don't know who they are playing! Go KGC!

QUOTE (bballrebounder @ Apr 23 2009 - 01:31 PM)

In 14U, Team Pride, Memphis Elite, and Tennessee Xtreme are always good teams and have showed that in the last several years, but this year, the Tennesse Flight Freshman should win the state. This team is one of the best teams at this age that I have ever seen. They have girls from all over the state and many of them have already been great players at their high school. I have watched several of these girls play on different teams for the last few years, and now that they are playing together, it is really fun to watch. They have the size, quickness, athletic ability, and talent to play any team in this age group in the country and win.

I believe this may be the best AAU State Tournament of all ages. The Flight Freshman are the team to beat with alot of talent size and speed. The Memphis Elite will also have the talent and with the old FCA Coach Little and staff don't be suprised if they pull the upset of the Flight Freshman. The Team Pride play together as a team real well and don't make alot of mistakes so they could slide in at the 3 spot. The Xtreme have some new players who I think are going to make them better if they can put it together but I don't see that happening before the State tournament starts. However the last 2 years they have won it all by playing hard and the coaches getting the players to believe in the game plan. This year could be 3 teams playing for 2nd place but no one beats the Flight Freshman.

This one lived up to its billing with 4 teams being exceptionally strong and the 4 others being the high caliber teams you would normally expect to see compete at state. Definitely one of the best state tourneys of all time.

Semi-Finals

TN Flight beats Team Hustle (I believe by single digits)

Team Memphis Elite defeats TN Xtreme 96 to 66

Consolation Game

Team Hustle defeats TN Xtreme (I believe by single digits)

Championship Game

Team Memphis Elite defeats TN Flight 69 to 67

Someone who knows the actual scores and has comments on the games please post.

After a 3 hour journey to Memphis I found the 14u State to be alot of fun to watch. The tournament started out slow with the first games being the strong against the weak. Saturday nights game between the Flight Freshman and the Xtreme turned up the tempo and filled the gym and was one of the best games of the year with each team having a NO QUIT attitude. The Flight won this one 74 - 70 but both teams fought hard. The Hustle Elite had a great weekend losing 2 games but made the 3rd time a charm over the Xtreme 91 - 83 Sunday afternoon to claim 3rd place. The Championship game could have went either way but a 2 point win gives the Memphis Elite another State Title. Coach Little did an excellent job and his team played hard proving my quote " The Memphis Elite will also have the talent and with the old FCA Coach Little and staff don't be suprised if they pull the upset of the Flight Freshman". The Flight Freshman are a very strong team in AAU and with the extra players Coach Insell get for exposure tournaments from other AAU teams I can see now why they dominate exposure weekends. If you missed this one, you missed about 25 of the best players in the State with the 4 top teams and many other good players with the other 4 teams. Good luck at the Nationals ladies, coaches and parents, you will make Tennessee proud. It was good to see the boss man "PEANUT" taking care of Tennessee AAU in Memphis. Watch out AAU Nationals, Tennessee may have the 14u National Champion!!!