Lightning Strike

live4Him

I have heard that Kelsie Cartwright was struck by lightning at the Goodpasture/Portland game yesterday. Is this true? How is she doing? We have been, and will continue praying for Kelsie and the whole Cartwright family.

my daughter spoke with a friend of hers last night and said she wasn't actually struck, more of a shock. Apparently she was closing a gate at the field when lightning struck nearby and traveled thru the fence as she was locking it. as a precaution her parents took her to the emergency room where they said she was fine. they said she played the last game of a double header.

I have heard that Kelsie Cartwright was struck by lightning at the Goodpasture/Portland game yesterday. Is this true? How is she doing? We have been, and will continue praying for Kelsie and the whole Cartwright family.

Kelsie was hit by lighting that hit the fence as she was locking it at Goodpasture. She was check out at the school by Dr. Snoody and then went to the hospital to make sure everything was ok and it was. She made it back to to play the last couple of innings of the first game of a double header.

Wow, that is scary and a definate danger during any storm. Praise God she was not injured. On the reverse side of things, she doesn't need any more lightning running through her veins, she's already ahead of the pack.

AMEN! About that too Cap.............

AMEN! About that too Cap.............

Why was anyone out there when lightning was in the area. Metal fances, light poles (presumably) and metal bats. Somebody needs to be more careful. The last thing I saw was games are to be stopped when lightning is within 5 miles of an athletic field. Hope her incident serves a reminder to everybody. Glad she was not injured. God is Good.

Why was anyone out there when lightning was in the area. Metal fances, light poles (presumably) and metal bats. Somebody needs to be more careful. The last thing I saw was games are to be stopped when lightning is within 5 miles of an athletic field. Hope her incident serves a reminder to everybody. Glad she was not injured. God is Good.

She was not playing at the time.

The seniors had walked up to see the progress of the new field house and it was not even raining.

She just happen to be the one to grab the lock and chain to lock up the gate.

She was not playing at the time.

The seniors had walked up to see the progress of the new field house and it was not even raining.

She just happen to be the one to grab the lock and chain to lock up the gate.

Wow. I guess lightning really can travel a long distance from the storm cell to the contact point.