Fall 2009 Season - Who are the Pre-Season Favorites

dman

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious to see which teams are the pre-season favorites next fall based on how the club teams are doing this spring.

I'll bite, just to get some juice flowing. In E. TN, you have the usual suspects in AAA: Farragut, OR, Bearden. Don't know if Dobyns Bennett (sp?) will make another run like last year. Maybe Cleveland in the Chattanooga area?

E. TN A/AA: CAK (by far), Catholic, Seymour with Greeneville providing interesting competition after dropping from AAA.

Division II: Baylor, of course

In M. TN AAA: Franklin, Siegel (sound familiar?).

A/AA: Livingston?

Division II: A host of schools including FRA now that they've moved.

In W. TN (which I take to mean 40 miles W. of Nashville to the AK border) AAA: Houson, Collierville (also sounds familiar).

A/AA: Don't know.

Division II: Need help.

I'm no MJUHB, just trying to get things going. The most interesting thing I know of so far are these things:

Does CAK keep rolling with a new coach? (Probably)

How does Greenville fair in A/AA (Probably well)

Who emerges in the Chattanooga area in AAA?

How does Knox. Catholic do with its maturing talent?

Does Farragut play up to its talent level?

Who emerges in Middle TN? So many good teams, who rises to the top?

I'll bite, just to get some juice flowing. In E. TN, you have the usual suspects in AAA: Farragut, OR, Bearden. Don't know if Dobyns Bennett (sp?) will make another run like last year. Maybe Cleveland in the Chattanooga area?

E. TN A/AA: CAK (by far), Catholic, Seymour with Greeneville providing interesting competition after dropping from AAA.

In W. TN (which I take to mean 40 miles W. of Nashville to the AK border) AAA: Houson, Collierville (also sounds familiar).

I'm no MJUHB, just trying to get things going. The most interesting thing I know of so far are these things:

Not bad hamlet /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> , But I think Baylor lost alot last year, but still will be tough. ND lost alot, but have a new crop of d1 players coming back so watch them. Cleveland will be tough also.

I think the Cleveland Tournament will shed some early light on who the beasts will be for the up coming year.

funny story about D.B. soccer in "modelcitysports.com"

Not bad hamlet /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> , But I think Baylor lost alot last year, but still will be tough. ND lost alot, but have a new crop of d1 players coming back so watch them. Cleveland will be tough also.

I think the Cleveland Tournament will shed some early light on who the beasts will be for the up coming year.

MVM- Thought you would give more kudos to Notre Dame than that....You know where my money is next year !!! Give a little more healing time for injuries and let's see how the incoming freshman, that we have seen play (My point being PSA95, of course), will infuse some real strength and deepen the bench for the Irish !!!

D

MVM- Thought you would give more kudos to Notre Dame than that....You know where my money is next year !!! Give a little more healing time for injuries and let's see how the incoming freshman, that we have seen play (My point being PSA95, of course), will infuse some real strength and deepen the bench for the Irish !!!

D

To be honest I was not even considering the Freshman coming in to ND. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was thinking more of last year's freshmen and Sophomores that got playing time, but did not get a starting job. Alot of those girls moved to D1 club teams this year. Don't take me wrong, those PSA 95 girls are great players, but they will be in a fight of their life to win starting jobs at ND. JMO and I wish them luck.

To be honest I was not even considering the Freshman coming in to ND. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I was thinking more of last year's freshmen and Sophomores that got playing time, but did not get a starting job. Alot of those girls moved to D1 club teams this year. Don't take me wrong, those PSA 95 girls are great players, but they will be in a fight of their life to win starting jobs at ND. JMO and I wish them luck.

I know exactly what you mean...Sometimes there is a definite advantage to not playing at a strong school..

D

I know exactly what you mean...Sometimes there is a definite advantage to not playing at a strong school..

D

If you guys know of a school or two that may have ample incoming players to generate a true frosh team, I may know a public school or two that will field frosh teams. Are your programs serious enough players to have a frosh team? I would think we could easily set up a match or two.....

If you guys know of a school or two that may have ample incoming players to generate a true frosh team, I may know a public school or two that will field frosh teams. Are your programs serious enough players to have a frosh team? I would think we could easily set up a match or two.....

I will keep my eyes and ears open regarding Notre Dame incoming group....

D

Just curious to see which teams are the pre-season favorites next fall based on how the club teams are doing this spring.

One team that I will keep my eye on based on club teams is Greenville. While I realize that Greenville does not have any D1 teams, they do have D2 and D3 teams that are pretty good. Plus, I would think that most of these girls will will be going to Greenville High. Where as the urban D1, D2 club teams are usually split among many HS in the area. Another positive for Greenville is they are moving from AAA to A/AA.

I'm going to predict now.....I would not be surprised if Greenville heads to Chattanooga before their season ends.