Franklin Co Coach

HotSauce4sure

You are correct. It would not help to keep the kids longer than needed. I do believe that the AD will NOT be the last to go. Word has it that there will be a HOUSE CLEANING of coaches very soon. To be champions you can not be content with being 3rd or 4th, year in and year out. The old story that we play in a tough district only goes so far. The biggest problem I see is that TOO many people are happy just to be AVERAGE. It is OK to want more.

You are right on that point, it's not ok to be happy with average. The talent that has gone through there in the last few years, FC should have finished better in district. Sounds like to me new director has looked into a few things and may make some changes for the better, anyone can tell you playing lesser teams will not make you stronger, you cant go playing single and double a teams and expect to be there in the end, when it matters.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right on that point, it's not ok to be happy with average. The talent that has gone through there in the last few years, FC should have finished better in district. Sounds like to me new director has looked into a few things and may make some changes for the better, anyone can tell you playing lesser teams will not make you stronger, you cant go playing single and double a teams and expect to be there in the end, when it matters.

I guess the reason that they have been playing the" lesser teams", like single a and aa schools, is probably that is the level of talent they have. There are some "lesser teams" that would be competitive in aaa. Plus sometimes when you have marginal athletes, average is ok. Some people need to be realistic. It is great to have goals and aspirations of being there in the end. Is it better to gain some confidence winning games, or get you rears kicked by Riverdale, Oakland, or any other aaa school and lose all morale. You can't be there in the end with no morale or confidence.

• 3 weeks later...