Young teams

Welshdragon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hixson- 11-3-1

Hixson only has 5 seniors. 3 of them starters.

2nd 3rd and 4th leading scorers for Hixson are freshman.

Hixson left defense is a freshman (keep in mind hixson hasn't lost by more than 1)

5/6 of the freshmen play at least three fourths of the game or more.

Not to take anything away from the young talent of Riverdale, but the two starting seniors were a giant part of the success in their season this year.

We will see what happens next year. Yes, Patrick Compton in the middle and Eli Genet on defense was a big help but the players they overshadowed are definitely capable. But with Patrick and Eli, we really didn't get a look at the others. By next year almost the entire Strikers '93 team will either be Freshmen or Sophomores at Riverdale and that strikers team played in the State Championship this last off-season. Undefeated in 7AAA plus 6 other wins and only 1 loss to McCallie and a tie vs. Baylor, qualifies as making some noise. Patrick and Eli will certainly be missed but the days of good teams at Riverdale are just beginning.

We will see what happens next year. Yes, Patrick Compton in the middle and Eli Genet on defense was a big help but the players they overshadowed are definitely capable. But with Patrick and Eli, we really didn't get a look at the others. By next year almost the entire Strikers '93 team will either be Freshmen or Sophomores at Riverdale and that strikers team played in the State Championship this last off-season. Undefeated in 7AAA plus 6 other wins and only 1 loss to McCallie and a tie vs. Baylor, qualifies as making some noise. Patrick and Eli will certainly be missed but the days of good teams at Riverdale are just beginning.

Well said. I agree 100%.

That is an understanding response as Riverdale is never underestimated by anyone. I was just adding that Patrick, Eli, and Pleitez (junior, I know) were the greatest assets to the team this year.

And did you mean Strikers 94? I know that Strikers 93 didn't play in the state tournament in fall 2008, and next year's sophomores should be in the '94 age group. I know that Strikers 92 won the state tournament, and their team consists of many Siegel players and a few Oakland players. I do think that all Strikers teams played the Division 2 state tournament as well.

That is an understanding response as Riverdale is never underestimated by anyone. I was just adding that Patrick, Eli, and Pleitez (junior, I know) were the greatest assets to the team this year.

And did you mean Strikers 94? I know that Strikers 93 didn't play in the state tournament in fall 2008, and next year's sophomores should be in the '94 age group. I know that Strikers 92 won the state tournament, and their team consists of many Siegel players and a few Oakland players. I do think that all Strikers teams played the Division 2 state tournament as well.

TRUST ME it's not Strikers 94!!!!!! If it is, I would not be so greatly happy about that! that is all i have to say

sorry didn't read the post all the way, maybe striker's 94 did play in the D2 State Championship; still wouldn't be overly happy to receive players from that team

Yeah it is Strikers 94 that was my fault. They did play in a state championship game this last Select season because I was there and the team that beat them was playing at their home complex so wherever that was. I went to all their games this last year and I know they were in a state championship. At what level I'm not sure. But it is exciting to see them all play together. And actually, we still do have at least a few that will be freshmen at Riverdale next year off of that Strikers team.

As for futbol20, it's sad to hear someone say that they wouldn't be happy to have any of those players. They are definitely missing something. The point is that at least 7 or 8 of those Strikers will be playing the next 4 years for the Strikers and Riverdale seasons.

Yeah it is Strikers 94 that was my fault. They did play in a state championship game this last Select season because I was there and the team that beat them was playing at their home complex so wherever that was. I went to all their games this last year and I know they were in a state championship. At what level I'm not sure. But it is exciting to see them all play together. And actually, we still do have at least a few that will be freshmen at Riverdale next year off of that Strikers team.

As for futbol20, it's sad to hear someone say that they wouldn't be happy to have any of those players. They are definitely missing something. The point is that at least 7 or 8 of those Strikers will be playing the next 4 years for the Strikers and Riverdale seasons.

Just a curious question (you don't have to give me an answer, it's your call), are you a player for Riverdale?

All I am saying, I probably sounded like I was downgrading them, but all I meant was that I would not be so "Hyped up" I guess would be a more appropriate term. I play travel at that age group and yes, they are in D2, and I didn't know that they played in a State Championship. But all I am saying is ITS D2 nowhere near the competition of D1. If Riverdale's coach can take them in and turn them into great, skillfull, and smart players, I will be very impressed with him. That's all I have to say, again not trying to demoralize the Strikers at all, just saying that they are nothing special...as of now.